+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
I think I got a ghost update today. Status said "Application/profile updated" but there was no update. It's now back to "submitted". Does it mean someone is working on my application or is it a glitch?

AOR: August 1st 2020
FSW inland

I think the visa office is Ottawa.
Maybe your medical is about to expire.

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
I am hoping it's a real one, and officer picked your file for processing/finalizing.. Do you mind sharing your current application status? And when was the last update in your file? All the best.
Yes, I would be glad to hear good news for you as a start sign for FSW, will pray for it ;)

Reactions: hellokady

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon and everyone,

I need a crucial advice to help me decide for this move. I have in progress FSW-inland application (inland dependent “spouse”) with AOR Sep 19 2020. The updates on my file are the following:
1) Eligibility is conclusively passed
2) Medicals are passed last Oct 2020; however, it is expired on July 14 2021 and got updated in my file that they don’t need medical exam after it was previously stated as passed.
3) Security and Criminality have not started yet.
The application almost passed the 10 month processing as it is remarked as in progress.

- my spouse (has a valid visa and valid SOWP based on mine’s validity) are planning to have a vacation for 8 weeks outside the country from mid Aug till mid Oct.
My questions are:
1) if I am here and my wife overseas; I know the final approval decision can not be made until all applicants are inside Canada. So, if we got the portal confirmation email while she or both of us are overseas to declare our residence inside the country, can we hold on responding to this email with the declaration until we come back with our valid visa? If so, is there any expiry given to the link provided to the portal confirmation email so that we can have a bit of days to come back and reposed with the relative information while being inside Canada?

2) regarding medical examination: shall we hold on it until IRCC request us to do it again or go ahead and do it upfront?

3) We have uploaded RCMP PCC upfront but since my spouse will be out of the country for 60 days; is it good to redo it again before she leaves?

4) Is it normal that officer might work on the background check but the account isn’t updates yet and suddenly all got cleared at once without prior updates in my account related to our background check.

5) What will happen if we are given eCOPR through CIC account (old traditional way) while I am here and my dependent being abroad. Can she still come back with her eCOPR with her valid visa and permit although our application is marked to be inland applicants since our country of residence still Canada?

The reason of travel is for my sister wedding which crucial to her to have me and my family support her in that day; and I came to know that if I report that issue of travel; my application could be on hold and not to be in progress anymore. I am really so hesitant whether I should go ahead and book a flight or not but I am sick of waiting without any shade of light is coming through.

Please help me with your advice to wisely decide about this move. It will be very very very much appreciated. Thank you all and especially @legalfalcon for the continuous help in enlightening us throughout the whole process.
@legalfalcon any feedback will be very much appreciated.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
I am irritated to the core, waiting for my file to move. I understand that there are people who are waiting even longer than me.
But does anyone has any suggestions as to what can be done ?
1. Does going to the MP helps ?
2. Should i file under CEC and withdraw the current FSW file ?
3. If I apply for BOWP, does it trigger anything in IRCC's system which might help in processing PR application ?

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I am irritated to the core, waiting for my file to move. I understand that there are people who are waiting even longer than me.
3. If I apply for BOWP, does it trigger anything in IRCC's system which might help in processing PR application ?
I checked with Facebook Immigration group and they are saying you can file second application it is completely acceptable. If you have 1 year experience I think you should go ahead with CEC application. before creating second application please call IRCC helpline and get this information validated. BOWP will not trigger any notification to IRCC and even if it triggered any notification I don't think it will have +Ve impact on PR application. They still have bunch of BOWP requests in progress. Hope this helps.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
I am in the same boat though PNP. While applying under pnp I had already qualified under CEC but that time IRCC hadn’t shown the great great generosity of 75 CRS. Now I am sitting with 1000 CRS for past 8 months with no update for past 6 months and seeing CEC guys gettiing PRs in 6 weeks. The anxiety and frustration was so high that I filed another application under CEC last month and I won’t be surprised if I get PR under CEC before my pnp application gets kind attention of the IRCC agent. This is the only thing that I could do at this stage.
And yes, I did call IRCC to confirm if I could file another application.

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
I am in the same boat though PNP. While applying under pnp I had already qualified under CEC but that time IRCC hadn’t shown the great great generosity of 75 CRS. Now I am sitting with 1000 CRS for past 8 months with no update for past 6 months and seeing CEC guys gettiing PRs in 6 weeks. The anxiety and frustration was so high that I filed another application under CEC last month and I won’t be surprised if I get PR under CEC before my pnp application gets kind attention of the IRCC agent. This is the only thing that I could do at this stage.
I don't think one can have both FSW and CEC applications simultaneously, right?

The CIC website didn't let me create the second express entry application, since I already had an active one (FSW).

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Thanks for confirming the same. may be I will also have to do same.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Honestly its irritating overall. I have asked this question on various pages but did not get the satisfactory answers. What is the difference between CEC and PNP / FSW - Inland candidates. I mean people from both categories are working in Canada & paying taxes in Canada. It's just weird situation with overall processing time. There could be some argument made over FSW - O candidates as they are outside Canada and could have an impact pandemic vise etc. But for FSW - Inland applicants I am really having hard time understanding the logic of pausing the processing.

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
I don't think one can have both FSW and CEC applications simultaneously, right?

The CIC website didn't let me create the second express entry application, since I already had an active one (FSW).
Yeah, the same individual can’t submit two applications simultaneously. This may lead to complications as far as I have seen in various forums. You have to withdraw one and submit the new application. We have been cec since March 2021, but didn’t apply a new one owing to these complications, also really can’t do all the paperwork, medicals, everything all over again..Seriously.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Yeah, the same individual can’t submit two applications simultaneously. This may lead to complications as far as I have seen in various forums. You have to withdraw one and submit the new application. We have been cec since March 2021, but didn’t apply a new one owing to these complications, also really can’t do all the paperwork, medicals, everything all over again..Seriously.
I have 2 applications in processing currently. One is PNP other is CEC. I confirmed it with IRCC over phone and they advised me to create another profile using another GC key to apply under CEC. They also confirmed two applications under different streams are allowed. Some other applicants got it confirmed via webform.
If anyone has doubts, better seek confirmation from IRCC via webform or phone call.

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Similarly, I’ve been eligible for CEC since February. Back in February, I read a bunch of posts saying that the same individual cannot apply twice for two different EE streams.
But I also just stumbled upon this recent thread where @legalfalcon suggests that it is technically fine to create two GCKey accounts, and apply more than once: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/applying-under-cec-for-pr-after-having-one-application-under-ee-pnp-already.736766/