+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I think they understand the situation. They probably don't have a system that allows them to identify whether an FSW applicant is inland or outland. Or, they don't care and they simply want to show numbers.
I mean they just have to filter it based on Country of residence that's it. Also we all sending webforms telling them that we are in Canada and waiting from long time.

Reactions: afalyat and rajiyer

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
I’m so tired of waiting. Like my mind struggles every day. I cry almost every day thinking I need to find a 0, a or b job so I can apply to bowp (I’m married). My work permit expires in December and I started worrying about bowp in March. I cannot live in peace anymore. I know there are people waiting for even 3 years but I cannot live like this. It is no fair with us who are already in Canada. I have a friend who got pr in TWO MONTHS as cec. WHY HIM NOT ME? Like he has written me and and I haven’t replied. I’m so upset with this situation that I don’t wanna speak with him, knowing he is already a pr. Yeah I’m jealous, I’m mad, I’m frustrated, I’m stressed, I’m everything. I cannot live my life normally and all because we don’t matter. I’m so sorry, I needed to share this. I feel so much alone here, my husband doesn’t really get my feelings regarding this situation.
I share your pain. I too am so utterly frustrated and disappointed being stuck in this limbo forever. While the comparatively unskilled/inexperienced CEC counterparts are rejoicing.

There is no information, no transparency from Canadian govt on why exactly they have stopped FSW altogether or when it will resume, if at all it will. Now it seems they are no different from my home country which I so desperately wanted to move away from.

At this point I don't know if it is even worth it anymore to become a Canadian Resident/Citizen when the country does not even respect us?

Hamidishfaq

Dec 16, 2019
I’m so tired of waiting. Like my mind struggles every day. I cry almost every day thinking I need to find a 0, a or b job so I can apply to bowp (I’m married). My work permit expires in December and I started worrying about bowp in March. I cannot live in peace anymore. I know there are people waiting for even 3 years but I cannot live like this. It is no fair with us who are already in Canada. I have a friend who got pr in TWO MONTHS as cec. WHY HIM NOT ME? Like he has written me and and I haven’t replied. I’m so upset with this situation that I don’t wanna speak with him, knowing he is already a pr. Yeah I’m jealous, I’m mad, I’m frustrated, I’m stressed, I’m everything. I cannot live my life normally and all because we don’t matter. I’m so sorry, I needed to share this. I feel so much alone here, my husband doesn’t really get my feelings regarding this situation.
Hi There,

I am really sorry to hear about your struggles and I sincerely hope and pray that you get your PR soon. I am in the same boat, waiting and waiting as there's nothing else I can do.

I just wanted to ask you about the BOWP situation that you mentioned. I may be misunderstanding your post here or might not be aware of your entire situation but If I am not mistaken, you don't need to have a job in order to apply for a BOWP. You are eligible to apply for one as long as you have already submitted your complete PR application, which I believe you have, and you are in Canada, which I guess you are as well since you are posting in this thread. So I believe you can apply for your BOWP if your current WP is expiring in the next 3 to 4 months.

Hope this helps. Prayers for you and your family.

Regards,
Hamid

Reactions: rajiyer

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi There,

I am really sorry to hear about your struggles and I sincerely hope and pray that you get your PR soon. I am in the same boat, waiting and waiting as there's nothing else I can do.

I just wanted to ask you about the BOWP situation that you mentioned. I may be misunderstanding your post here or might not be aware of your entire situation but If I am not mistaken, you don't need to have a job in order to apply for a BOWP. You are eligible to apply for one as long as you have already submitted your complete PR application, which I believe you have, and you are in Canada, which I guess you are as well since you are posting in this thread. So I believe you can apply for your BOWP if your current WP is expiring in the next 3 to 4 months.

Regards,
Hamid
thank you for answering but I’m married, my husband holds a work permit too. Yes we both are working. He is actually a manager assistant but I read I would need a job 0, a or b to get him the extension too. I have a supervisor job rn but I only work 7 hours there and just started in a new place as a regular worker. I’m so stressed, like I’m on my limit rn.

i really hope that Canadá opening everything will help to process everything back again.

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
I share your pain. I too am so utterly frustrated and disappointed being stuck in this limbo forever. While the comparatively unskilled/inexperienced CEC counterparts are rejoicing.

There is no information, no transparency from Canadian govt on why exactly they have stopped FSW altogether or when it will resume, if at all it will. Now it seems they are no different from my home country which I so desperately wanted to move away from.

At this point I don't know if it is even worth it anymore to become a Canadian Resident/Citizen when the country does not even respect us?
that’s true. I’ve made my life here. I want to buy some other things but we say what happens if… so in the end our lives are on hold.

Hamidishfaq

Dec 16, 2019
thank you for answering but I’m married, my husband holds a work permit too. Yes we both are working. He is actually a manager assistant but I read I would need a job 0, a or b to get him the extension too. I have a supervisor job rn but I only work 7 hours there and just started in a new place as a regular worker. I’m so stressed, like I’m on my limit rn.

i really hope that Canadá opening everything will help to process everything back again.
I see. Maybe you can ask some consultant or someone more knowledgeable about this but from what I have read so far on CIC's website I think you should be able to get a BOWP easily. Maybe you can ask this one user here LegalFalcon. I think they are an immigration consultant or something and seem to possess very deep knowledge of the process. :)

Reactions: Totodonna

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I mean they just have to filter it based on Country of residence that's it. Also we all sending webforms telling them that we are in Canada and waiting from long time.
Probably the queue system they use to assign cases to IRCC case managers only works by stream, not stream & country of origin.

It is probably an artifact of the technology implementation. I'm in IT and you run across stuff like this all the time. The original system designers didn't foresee a situation where FSW-Inland would require differential processing to FSW-Outland, so that was not built in.

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
instead of waiting...for those who have a job...hoping for the next tr to pr. that's the way to go..I am renewing my second bowp in 3 weeks. I think by September maybe we can all move forward.

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
Hi There,

Regards,
Hamid
guys, you are not alone and we are together. let help and make this happen then maybe there is a help from immigration minister for us :
https://www.change.org/p/marco-mendicino-minister-of-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-canada-significant-delay-in-processing-of-pr-applications-for-inland-nominees

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
Really can understand… it’s really frustrating. Most folks whom I know who submitted in 2021 have already got copr while we all are waiting for more than 10+ months. It just feels so unfair. Don’t knw when will they ever touch our files. It’s now like impossible to travel to home country until we have this. Medical is automatically extended for all inland applicants, but once you travel outside Canada, that’s no longer valid.

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
Really can understand… it’s really frustrating. Most folks whom I know who submitted in 2021 have already got copr while we all are waiting for more than 10+ months. It just feels so unfair. Don’t knw when will they ever touch our files. It’s now like impossible to travel to home country until we have this. Medical is automatically extended for all inland applicants, but once you travel outside Canada, that’s no longer valid.
Really? I am waiting for medical extension as well. Was the medical extended for everyone? Is it real extension or is it a system glitch?

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
Really? I am waiting for medical extension as well. Was the medical extended for everyone? Is it real extension or is it a system glitch?
Mine hasn’t expired yet. But when I called them
When I had got a ghost update back end of June, they said as per the new policy or something medical will be extended for inland applicants. There r some changes now in their policy regarding it. But I haven’t got any mail or anything in this regard as mine is yet to expire.

Reactions: guelphite

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
Mine hasn’t expired yet. But when I called them
When I had got a ghost update back end of June, they said as per the new policy or something medical will be extended for inland applicants. There r some changes now in their policy regarding it. But I haven’t got any mail or anything in this regard as mine is yet to expire.
Ok, I see. I saw several people here says they received the email and also I received one as well but still I am not sure if it means good or nothing

D

Deleted member 1033589

I also sent request under ATIP for following Information:
1. How many Express Entry applicants have submitted second EE application since March 1, 2021 while first one is under progress?
2. How many EE PNP applications have been finalised by IRCC in less than 6 months in past 2 years?
3. How many EE PNP applications have been finalised by IRCC in more than six months but less tha
4. How many EE PNP applications have been finalised by IRCC in more than 12 months in past two years?
5. How many EE PNP inland applicants are waiting for their security to initiate for more than 4 months as of today?
6. How many CEC applicants received COPR in less than 6 months in the year 2019, 2020 and 2021?
7. How many CEC applicants received COPR in less than 3 months in the year 2019, 2020 and 2021?
Fsw inland can send similar request for fsw related info. If answered, we can know exactly what’s going on with our applications as compared to recent CEC applications.
Even if not answered , someone will atleast read them. It costs $5 and 5 minutes to generate the request.
Hi,
I got my reply today. If you wish, I can email it to you.