+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
I got the CBSA report back, which I requested in January.

Good news, Mandamus worked after all, and now my file is marked as approved with criminality, eligibility, and medicals passed.

Now I expect to get an RVF as it’s been almost two months since they approved the file.

Overall, my situation is likely slightly different from yours as I had been Inland until mid ’21. I’ll update this thread once I have more info.
Congrats! Glad to hear the good news! :)

What about Security? I assume it's passed too, as your file is approved now?

Also, just wondering how soon after filing for Mandamus did your file get approved?
You mentioned that you applied for Mandamus around two months ago, and you're also saying that your file was approved about two months ago.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Congrats! Glad to hear the good news! :)

What about Security? I assume it's passed too, as your file is approved now?

Also, just wondering how soon after filing for Mandamus did your file get approved?
You mentioned that you applied for Mandamus around two months ago, and you're also saying that your file was approved about two months ago.

Thanks! I’ll believe it when I get the passport back.

Re. Security, yes, I believe it is passed too. Officer left a note saying something along “no reason to doubt, I approve the file.”

Officer looked at the file ~2 weeks after Mandamus, ~4 weeks after the initial demand letter.

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
I tried calling today ircc with no luck :( it’s 575 days for my profile today, I’m sad again. I cannot keep calling cause I have to go to work.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
I got the GCMS notes I ordered in February and found out that sending the explanation letter for the review required actually worked.

My eligibility was marked as review required since November last year because the agent was unsure about the NOC I chose. I sent a letter explaining the NOC with supporting documents. After examining my letter, the agent added a note that they had no more concerns and, therefore, the review by another officer was no longer required. My application moved on, and I got PPR shortly after.

I suggest that everyone whose processing is delayed should order GCMS notes. And if you have your application marked as "Review Required" and know the reasons, send an explanation letter upfront.

Also, I found out that my file moved to Edmonton VO in January (it was in Montreal, then Vancouver, and finally Edmonton).

D

Deleted member 1033589

I got the GCMS notes I ordered in February and found out that sending the explanation letter for the review required actually worked.

My eligibility was marked as review required since November last year because the agent was unsure about the NOC I chose. I sent a letter explaining the NOC with supporting documents. After examining my letter, the agent added a note that they had no more concerns and, therefore, the review by another officer was no longer required. My application moved on, and I got PPR shortly after.

I suggest that everyone whose processing is delayed should order GCMS notes. And if you have your application marked as "Review Required" and know the reasons, send an explanation letter upfront.

Also, I found out that my file moved to Edmonton VO in January (it was in Montreal, then Vancouver, and finally Edmonton).
Hi,
My eligibility is Review Required since February but there is no explanation for the reason of RR in the officers notes. Everything looks just fine in the GCMS notes. Did your GCMS notes clearly show officer’s concerns about your NOC? What was the wording?
Thanks,

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Hi,
My eligibility is Review Required since February but there is no explanation for the reason of RR in the officers notes. Everything looks just fine in the GCMS notes. Did your GCMS notes clearly show officer's concerns about your NOC? What was the wording?
Thanks,
The notes are in the "WORK EXPERIENCE" section and clearly state a concern about the NOC I chose and that my job title was consistent with another NOC. The officer mentioned that both NOC would qualify me as a Skilled Worker. The wording was very concise, but it made clear what the problem was. Also, my "FSW Work" was marked as 0 years, 0 months - *REVIEW REQUIRED*.

I don't think my application would be refused as A11.2 was marked as "Appears Met", but I decided to send an explanation letter anyway. I added supporting documents showing that my duties were more consistent with the NOC I chose in spite of the job title. It gave the officer confidence to drop the need for further review.

About 3-4 weeks after I submitted the letter, they sent me an ADR for proof of funds.

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Hi,
My eligibility is Review Required since February but there is no explanation for the reason of RR in the officers notes. Everything looks just fine in the GCMS notes. Did your GCMS notes clearly show officer’s concerns about your NOC? What was the wording?
Thanks,
i guess the eligibility required is just a reason to extend the processing time, even in mine Review Required was there. Without any further explanation or ADR i received portal email.

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
We submitted the remed IRCC requested on my daughter last week and it was updated as “passed” on Saturday. Hopefully portal email will come soon. I’m getting antsy

Reactions: recent_grad

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
i guess the eligibility required is just a reason to extend the processing time, even in mine Review Required was there. Without any further explanation or ADR i received portal email.
From what I understand, Review Required is when the agent is not 100% confident that their evaluation is correct and requests another officer to validate it.
It doesn't mean the application will be refused nor that they will request more information from the applicant, but it certainly extends processing time as it adds one step to the process (the queue to another officer's review).

It might be something about the proof of funds, employment, marriage, child custody, or any other documentation in the application that is not crystal clear for the assigned agent.