+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

mehtapr1

Jun 21, 2018
Received my GC notes today after 33 days.

Stream: Inland FSW
AOR: December 17, 2020
Medical: Passed
Eligibility: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not Started
Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa
The same Status except for Medical - Expired. AOR - March 2020.

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
This is same msg we got, first they were making Covid as excuse now they have another excuse about Afganistan refugees.
God knows how much we all need to wait to get Approval.

We pray for everyone that's what we all van do.
Most of the files are just waiting for security check which wouldn’t take much of resources or time to process. This is just another excuse for them.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
At least now can we expect something positive for FSW applicants ? I mean I want to be positive but recent experiences talks otherwise. Any thoughts on this topic please.

waitingforeverforpr

Mar 9, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
At least now can we expect something positive for FSW applicants ? I mean I want to be positive but recent experiences talks otherwise. Any thoughts on this topic please.
Why now? What changed?

If you are referring to the border opening, I don't think that would make much of a difference. If they were to make any changes based on the border openings - they would have started planning for it ahead of the border opening and we would have seen changes like more FSW draws, change of status from "We’re working at full capacity to process CEC applications" to something suggesting all applications are being processed, etc.

Hate to be pessimistic, but I seriously don't see the trend changing anytime soon.

Aug 22, 2021
I think it's hopeless now. I'm trying to find a job which makes me eligible for cec. I have given up on this. They made a fool out of us and made us waste our money, time and resources.

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Honestly, my best advice would be for you all to move on with your lives and try your best to find an appropriate full-time job to qualify under CEC. We are lucky enough to be in Canada and don't have to worry about whatever work permits we're on expiring since we can always apply for a BOWP.

Best case scenario, we get our PRs soon. Worst case scenario we just apply under CEC and pay some extra fees. It sucks that we're stuck in such a situation, but always be grateful that you're not stuck abroad in your home country waiting anxiously for permission to land in Canada.

I'm not justifying IRCC's incompetence, all I'm saying is that be thankful for what you guys have since other outland applicants would kill to be in your place.

afalyat

Apr 28, 2021
I understand your frustration but we have to move forward I guess. If you can get the eligibility requirements done for cec and then apply.
New IELTS, new form filling, new documents, new medical test.. I just don't want it bad enough to justify all that pain again. It is what it is. If my first application, which is flawless, is not given any value, the image of Canada in my eyes will not be the same. I'll consider it a sign of fate and build my life elsewhere.

Aug 22, 2021
New IELTS, new form filling, new documents, new medical test.. I just don't want it bad enough to justify all that pain again. It is what it is. If my first application, which is flawless, is not given any value, the image of Canada in my eyes will not be the same. I'll consider it a sign of fate and build my life elsewhere.
Maybe your destiny lies elsewhere then. But it is sad to know the ignorance with which we are treated. If they aren't going to process the applications why not outright close this program. Atleast it will save our time, money and energy.

Katatsukeru

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Why now? What changed?

If you are referring to the border opening, I don't think that would make much of a difference. If they were to make any changes based on the border openings - they would have started planning for it ahead of the border opening and we would have seen changes like more FSW draws, change of status from "We’re working at full capacity to process CEC applications" to something suggesting all applications are being processed, etc.

Hate to be pessimistic, but I seriously don't see the trend changing anytime soon.
There is even a danger that IRCC will repeat what it has done in 2012: cancel backlog applications. They can just say they have not enough resource to process the 2021 EE backlog & they will launch a EE2.0 that will include (and is limited to) the CECs today. The age of outland skilled workers will end.

Reactions: afalyat

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
There is even a danger that IRCC will repeat what it has done in 2012: cancel backlog applications. They can just say they have not enough resource to process the 2021 EE backlog & they will launch a EE2.0 that will include (and is limited to) the CECs today. The age of outland skilled workers will end.
Off late seeing COPR issued for inland applicants quite often from 2020, just saw 2 approvals in another group for September 2020 inland applicants over this weekend. It's unfortunate we have to wait like this, just with security check pending on most files. But I guess patience is the only way. I wouldn't waste time and energy on another CEC application after all this wait.

Reactions: afalyat
D

Deleted member 1033589

By sharing negative comments here, the only thing we can achieve is more stress. I’ve been through a lot of stress and decided to motivate myself instead of adding up to my negativity. I suggest that we motivate each other here instead of sharing some horrible possibilities that will make more harm than good.