+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I don't think it really matters because these are just different streams to immigrate to Canada.. In the end, the same IRCC officers are processing all of them.
Just to correct the impression that people may derive from the initial question; some may think you are referring to EE backlogs because you mentioned sth about the pool

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Correct me if I am wrong, if there are 375K backlog and they are processing 10-12K files per month, does it mean it will take at least 30 months (2.5 years) to clean the backlog even if there is no new pool entry?

That wasn't the most recent chart I posted.

This is:

On June/21, they admitted more new permanent residents than ever under the EE program (a total of 18k of which 16k were CEC).

If one thinks that nothing will ever change, so yes, FSW would take a lifetime to get processed, but everything is dynamic in the IRCC.

Just as an example, CEC went from a processing time of 12 months in March 2020 to only 2 months in March 2021.
At some point, the IRCC will direct their efforts on clearing the FSW backlog, and things will go much faster for us.
I just hope they will do that sooner than later.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
That wasn't the most recent chart I posted.

This is:

On June/21, they admitted more new permanent residents than ever under the EE program (a total of 18k of which 16k were CEC).

If one thinks that nothing will ever change, so yes, FSW would take a lifetime to get processed, but everything is dynamic in the IRCC.

Just as an example, CEC went from a processing time of 12 months in March 2020 to only 2 months in March 2021.
At some point, the IRCC will direct their efforts on clearing the FSW backlog, and things will go much faster for us.
What about numerous CEC with June, July August 2020 AOR still pending? Most are not complicated applications; i know a few people still waiting

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
It seems that our problem is kind of duplicated. First we are FSW the second least prioritized stream as per charts. Second, we are the old folks who are considered the real backlog for IRCC (part of this backlog is the old CEC, PNP, as well).

Apparently, IRCC is processing new applicants to maintain people's interest in immigration, so that potential applicants keep applying without being scared that they will have to go to the end of the queue and wait for years.

However, I do believe things will change suddenly. They can't just keep people wait forever! Alberta invited some FSW outlanders today through EE pool (saw that on FB group), which is a sign that FSW draws may resume soon. I think at one point FSW will be prioritized and hopefully they plan to clear that backlog.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
What about numerous CEC with June, July August 2020 AOR still pending? Most are not complicated applications; i know a few people still waiting
There will always exist exceptions.
According to the IRCC, they are processing most CEC applications received in January 2021. For "most applications" they mean 80% of the applications, so 2 out of 10 will be older than that.

Also, I believe that the more we wait, the more inclined we are to search for a forum like this one and for other people in the same situation. Many people who had their applications processed faster never had to bother to search for discussion forums, Whatsapp groups, and Reddit posts to share their experiences. So there is a trend to have more people sharing delayed processes than people sharing successfully faster ones.

We will find a lot of people in despair congregating here .lol. I am one of them. I never bothered to find more information until my application got stuck for months and I started wondering if something was wrong. That was when I found this forum. Had I gotten my PR in a timely manner, I'd probably never know this forum even existed.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
According to the IRCC, they are processing most CEC applications received in January 2021. For "most applications" they mean 80% of the applications, so 2 out of 10 will be older than that.

Also, I believe that the more we wait, the more inclined we are to search for a forum like this one and for other people in the same situation. Many people who had their applications processed faster never had to bother to search for discussion forums, Whatsapp groups, and Reddit posts to share their experiences. So there is a trend to have more people sharing delayed processes than people sharing successfully faster ones.

We will find a lot of people in despair congregating here .lol. I am one of them. I never bothered to find more information until my application got stuck for months and I started wondering if something was wrong. That was when I found this forum. Had I gotten my PR in a timely manner, I'd probably never know this forum even existed.
You are 100% right. I once said something similar to this some time ago to a friend

Reactions: binder1232 and JSF

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
You both are absolutely right, soon or later they will clean up the CEC backlog. This month I've noticed that every week they were moving about 3 or 4 weeks of the CEC backlog. They will soon reach some level of "normality" that will allow them to go back to the FSW (hopefully they will prioritize in-land applications).

Also, keep in mind that they are now prioritizing refugees from Afghanistan, so it might everyone's applications as well.

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021

Jan 2020 AOR FSW Inland, really hope we get PR this year now.

Reactions: JSF and guelphite