+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
For all those considering applying again as CEC, be careful.

IRCC Confirmed you cannot have more than 1 application:

I have a friend whose CEC application was rejected saying that you already have an active EE application (FSW-Inland) and the fee was also not returned, and yet his FSW-Inland application is still under processing.

The only correct way to apply to CEC is to first withdraw your existing application, and then apply again from scratch.
In response to IRCC’s tweet there’s a screenshot of IRCC response to a webform request which says there’s no prohibition on having 2 PR applications at the same time. Just check the tweet and it’s replies.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I have a question to everyone. Can you please check your notes the History section? The thing is: my whole History section is redacted(Blank). I just wonder how many people have the same. If it is not redacted please tell what information is written there. Thanks!

Last edited:

RD1991

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
With regards to the discussion about different answers from IRCC, in my experience I've learned that different agents have their own interpretations so they give their own answer.

So when I was applying for inland fsw, I read online that any part-time experience in Canada as a student will qualify you for fsw. The language online on their website was confusing so I did not understand if it gives me points or not. So I called IRCC three times and spoke to different agents to understand it and one told me yes you will qualify and receive points, one said "it means what it says". So none of them gave me the right answer. I kept digging online and finally found a good explanation that clarified that it will qualify me for fsw but will not give me any points. Just goes to show there is no proper training to explain things to agents uniformly. Any immigrants consultant I spoke to as well was not aware if this even though it says so on their website.

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
That is a scary timeline. I am sorry.
For my case I don’t know what extraordinary means. I requested GCMS one time and sent them like 5 webforms (from Oct 2020 to August 2021) (general inquiry about my application) got generic replies and one time they said this, this and this is passed/in progress. I called them every month or so.
And above all just waited. I got tired of people telling me just wait and now I am the one saying the same, because the reality is we have to wait and when I saw that email for portal all my frustration just went away and I felt good.
There's no need to be scared. There were very few FSW draws after March 2020. I think for almost 4-5 months.

waitingforeverforpr

Mar 9, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
I have a question to everyone. Can you please check your notes the History section? The thing is: my whole History section is redacted(Blank). I just wonder how many people have the same. If it is not redacted please tell what information is written there. Thanks!
It would be redacted if you order notes from IRCC. If you instead order it from CBSA, they would not be redacted.

Reactions: upon

waitingforeverforpr

Mar 9, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
In response to IRCC’s tweet there’s a screenshot of IRCC response to a webform request which says there’s no prohibition on having 2 PR applications at the same time. Just check the tweet and it’s replies.
Not doubting anyone's legitimacy, but there's no guarantee that screenshot is from IRCC indeed. I can simply type that in a word file and screenshot it. I have a hard time trusting such posts these days when there is so much information overload.

waitingforeverforpr

Mar 9, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
Do you have yours redacted too? What kind of info in there in History section? Thanks
I have 2 GCMS notes, one from IRCC and another from CBSA. History section is redacted from IRCC notes, not from CBSA notes.

In terms of info, it has detailed information (date, changed by who, what changed, etc.) for every change in my application.

• Love
Reactions: upon

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I have 2 GCMS notes, one from IRCC and another from CBSA. History section is redacted from IRCC notes, not from CBSA notes.

In terms of info, it has detailed information (date, changed by who, what changed, etc.) for every change in my application.
How many pages was redacted?

The thing is - I have about 50 pages of History redacted but I just had completeness check R10 done on my file and nothing else! So it seems very odd that they had 50 pages to blank out under my History section. Literally nothing is done or started just R10!

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
I am a FSW Inland applicant who left Canada with the dependents in May. Now my application still hasn’t moved and I’m no longer in Canada. I can’t go back as all my visas have expired. Should I continue to wait for my existing application to move forward or is it better to cancel and re-apply under CEC? Please advise @legalfalcon. Thank you!

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Not doubting anyone's legitimacy, but there's no guarantee that screenshot is from IRCC indeed. I can simply type that in a word file and screenshot it. I have a hard time trusting such posts these days when there is so much information overload.
It’s from an applicant directly. I have complete screenshot with agent’s name. I myself checked with IRCC call Center and they confirmed 2 applications in different streams are allowed simultaneously. Maybe the agent gave me wrong info, maybe the webform response is made up. But what about the Immgration Act. Legalfalcon on this group and some other consultants on other groups are also of the view 2 applications are not prohibited. You can’t have 2 profiles simultaneously though.
Anyways, it’s everyone’s choice and decision how they see things.

Reactions: Twee

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
It’s from an applicant directly. I have complete screenshot with agent’s name. I myself checked with IRCC call Center and they confirmed 2 applications in different streams are allowed simultaneously. Maybe the agent gave me wrong info, maybe the webform response is made up. But what about the Immgration Act. Legalfalcon on this group and some other consultants on other groups are also of the view 2 applications are not prohibited. You can’t have 2 profiles simultaneously though.
Anyways, it’s everyone’s choice and decision how they see things.
And to talk about IRCC’s efficiency and adherence to policy, my requests for info under ATIP were denied by IRCC saying that IRCC does not provide documents other than what submitted by applicant. It happened one day after a group member here received similar docs from IRCC. When I filed complained with privacy commissioner, IRCC sent me an email that they mistakenly had sent my requests to wrong department and they are now processing my requests. It’s complete mess at IRCC.

Reactions: Twee and pruthv