+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Lavenaa

Dec 8, 2021
Hi, I am an inland applicant (AOR Dec 2020). The passport I used to apply for PR will expire November 2022. I have renewed a new passport. Question is, does the PR card that issued have expiry on when the passport expires (so Nov 2022) or does the expiry just will be five years from when the PR card is issued?

Just want to see if I should send IRCC my updated passport page.

Thanks!

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi, I am an inland applicant (AOR Dec 2020). The passport I used to apply for PR will expire November 2022. I have renewed a new passport. Question is, does the PR card that issued have expiry on when the passport expires (so Nov 2022) or does the expiry just will be five years from when the PR card is issued?

Just want to see if I should send IRCC my updated passport page.

Thanks!
If you got a new passport, doesn't it mean that your old passport is now technically invalid?

I believe the expiration date of a PR card will be just 5 years from the date of issue.

Last edited:

wennichnur

Apr 29, 2022
Just Received an update regarding the medical being passed today on April 29th.
How much time you guys think would take for the COPR to come?
I can't tell you how long it will take but here's what I know: I had re-medicals requested on Apr 9 and did the exam on Apr 11. On Apr 19 my medicals were shown as "passed" in the portal. Since then, no news.

Lavenaa

Dec 8, 2021
If you got a new passport, doesn't it mean that your old passport is now technically invalid?

I believe the expiration date of a PR card will be just a 5 years from the date of issue.
Yea the old passport is invalid but I still have the work permit that don't expires till November. Was just worry if the PR will just be issued till November only like my other visas. But I guess will send webform to IRCC with the new passport to be safe. Thanks for the reply!

aagp

Apr 18, 2022
Just Received an update regarding the medical being passed today on April 29th.
How much time you guys think would take for the COPR to come?
What is your AOR. Was there any review date or bring forward date. Just wanted to know when the medicals are updated in the file

viksap

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
What is your AOR. Was there any review date or bring forward date. Just wanted to know when the medicals are updated in the file
AOR is Nov 27th 2020.
My remedial was extended on Jan 7th 2022 as per GCMS notes but it showed up on the portal just today

kiruthigasridhar

Aug 26, 2020
A few days I got a ghost update and my medicals got updated to 'We are reviewing the results of your medical exam'

It is yet to change to pass. But does that mean things are progressing?

AOR- Nov 2020, FSW-inland

Reactions: HRP2020

HRP2020

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020
A few days I got a ghost update and my medicals got updated to 'We are reviewing the results of your medical exam'

It is yet to change to pass. But does that mean things are progressing?

AOR- Nov 2020, FSW-inland
Did you received remedical request? My AOR is the same as you, last week I received a remedial for my dependents and the next day I received ADR, schedule A. I am waiting to upload medical exam and see what will happen.