+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW in NOC 2174 and 2147 for 2013

shankarcps

Jul 16, 2013
Hi Guys ,

I am new to this forum and I am from INDIA , would like to know more on the NOCs 2174 , 2147 .

I just took IELTS and scores are

Listening : 8.5
Reading : 9.0
Writing : 6.0
Speaking : 7.0

I have a 3 years of working experience with Cisco Systems Inc. which deals mostly on the network management product testing . I am a Master degree holder and my age is 24 . Please help me with the below queries.

1) Am i eligible to apply on NOCs 2174 nad 2147 ?
2) Heard that the CAP for FSW under these NOCs are almost full ? , If so , what will happen if i apply now ? Will they reject or will they consider for next year ?
3) After the calculation of points i am getting 68 . Does getting border points makes my application vulnerable for rejection ?
4) Is this IELTS score enough ? or should i take it to improve my 'Writing' ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

-Shankar

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Dear shankarcps!

First of all your IELTS score is fine. a 6 band in writing corresponds to CLB 7 this year so no retake needed. Now coming to your questions:

1. Check the following links for Main duties (job descriptions) for NOC 2147 and 2174 outlines by HRSDC
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2147
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2174

Whichever NOC matches about 70 to 80% with your job description... its the one for you.

2. You have heard it right. Both of these NOCs are hot and we believe that with 300 cap on each have been filled by now. If you apply now and the cap is already filled. you application will be returned as it is and will not be considered for next year.

3. Having marks on the borderline does not make you vulnerable for rejection. Although a few here believe that some priority is given to the applicants with greater points due to "so-called" hidden policies of CIC. So far this has been proven wrong so do not worry.

4. Already answered above.

Regards

shankarcps

Jul 16, 2013
Thanks ESZB for the links , my profile suits 2147 .

As you said if the CAP is filled the applications will be returned as it is , So how should i prepare for the next year . Please help me with the below questions.

1) Shall i start for the Education credentials verification by Dec'13 , so that it will be done by May'14
2) What are all the other preparations that i can do to apply as early as possible for the next year (considering the same policies of this year)

ESZB said:
Dear shankarcps!

First of all your IELTS score is fine. a 6 band in writing corresponds to CLB 7 this year so no retake needed. Now coming to your questions:

1. Check the following links for Main duties (job descriptions) for NOC 2147 and 2174 outlines by HRSDC

Whichever NOC matches about 70 to 80% with your job description... its the one for you.

2. You have heard it right. Both of these NOCs are hot and we believe that with 300 cap on each have been filled by now. If you apply now and the cap is already filled. you application will be returned as it is and will not be considered for next year.

3. Having marks on the borderline does not make you vulnerable for rejection. Although a few here believe that some priority is given to the applicants with greater points due to "so-called" hidden policies of CIC. So far this has been proven wrong so do not worry.

4. Already answered above.

Regards

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
shankarcps said:
Thanks ESZB for the links , my profile suits 2147 .

As you said if the CAP is filled the applications will be returned as it is , So how should i prepare for the next year . Please help me with the below questions.

1) Shall i start for the Education credentials verification by Dec'13 , so that it will be done by May'14
2) What are all the other preparations that i can do to apply as early as possible for the next year (considering the same policies of this year)
Hello again, :)

CIC plans to implement the Expression of Interest (EOI) system in similar lines to Australian Immigration from 2014. So I cannot say what are going to be the requirements of the new system.

Here are my suggestions:
1. Do not wait till Dec 2013 for your ECA. Get it done earlier. It is valid for 5 years.
2. Your IELTS score is good make sure it won't expire by then.
3. Check your particulars on your Passport, National identity documents and other important documents for any discrepancies like differences in name, addresses etc. Get them resolved.
4. Get your Birth certificate well in time.
5. Make sure you build up a good bank statement for yourself.

Best of luck

vgkish

Jun 15, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
IELTS Request
Hi
I am surprised that we can not reapply next year if CAP is reached :eek:
Do they strictly follow it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vgkish said:
Hi
I am surprised that we can not reapply next year if CAP is reached :eek:
Do they strictly follow it?
You have misunderstood an earlier answer.

You can certainly apply again next year. However CIC won't keep your application if you apply this year and the cap has been reached. CIC will return everything - and then you will have to apply again next year from scratch.

vgkish

Jun 15, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
IELTS Request
Thanx scylla. I guess I shall give it a try now...If CIC returned my application , atleast I will have everything ready to apply again :D

ami2245

Jul 7, 2013
You will get:-
Language 22 pts
Education 23 pts
Work Exp 11 pts
Age 12 pts
================

total 68 pts > 67

-sufficient for the file acceptance
-you should give it a try by applying ASAP
-you definitely do not fall under 2174, go for 2147

shankarcps said:
Hi Guys ,

I am new to this forum and I am from INDIA , would like to know more on the NOCs 2174 , 2147 .

I just took IELTS and scores are

Listening : 8.5
Reading : 9.0
Writing : 6.0
Speaking : 7.0

I have a 3 years of working experience with Cisco Systems Inc. which deals mostly on the network management product testing . I am a Master degree holder and my age is 24 . Please help me with the below queries.

1) Am i eligible to apply on NOCs 2174 nad 2147 ?
2) Heard that the CAP for FSW under these NOCs are almost full ? , If so , what will happen if i apply now ? Will they reject or will they consider for next year ?
3) After the calculation of points i am getting 68 . Does getting border points makes my application vulnerable for rejection ?
4) Is this IELTS score enough ? or should i take it to improve my 'Writing' ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

-Shankar

Roadsurfer

Jul 15, 2013
Whoa,and i was planning to apply under 2147/2174 in about a Month,i was busy collecting funds/documents
Does that mean,i wont be able to apply this year?,what if i apply and it gets rejected,any negative impact?
or should i simply wait till next year and then apply,what if rules change then?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
scylla said:
You have misunderstood an earlier answer.

You can certainly apply again next year. However CIC won't keep your application if you apply this year and the cap has been reached. CIC will return everything - and then you will have to apply again next year from scratch.
You can only apply again next year IF the same system is still in place, and those NOCs are on the in demand list.

CIC may have another small intake next year but at some point (I heard around end of 2014 as an estimate) they are ditching the current FSWP system in favour of an EOI (Expression Of Interest) system.

But yes, they will not stockpile applications for NOCs for which the cap has already been reached, they will simply return them.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Roadsurfer said:
Whoa,and i was planning to apply under 2147/2174 in about a Month,i was busy collecting funds/documents
Does that mean,i wont be able to apply this year?,what if i apply and it gets rejected,any negative impact?
or should i simply wait till next year and then apply,what if rules change then?
There is a cap of 300 in each of these NOCs, and we estimate the number of such applications they have already received for these 2 NOCs is in the thousands.

If you check here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

You can see the CIC official totals, but according to them this still represents only those applications which were received on the first day *(4th May). 51 already for 2174 and we've had 2 months of applications pouring in since then.

I think you are better off focussing your efforts, if you are serious about applying under FSW, on securing a job offer with a Canadian employer. Unless you have any work experience which may fit one of the less popular NOCs under the list?

Wayne.

vgkish

Jun 15, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
IELTS Request
WOW!!!! 51 from the applications received on the first day!! My hopes are crashed !! But is it possible to get a job in canada if we try from other country ?