FSW Immigration Granted - timeline from Pakistan

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
thank you... Rona araa hai, janay ka dil nahi :(
:)

It would be fine. Go there and experience the country, collect your PR card and then re-evaluate if required. Di sect everything into parts and handle it step by step. The picture gets scary if you try to deal everything at once.

Zara Khan

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
:)

It would be fine. Go there and experience the country, collect your PR card and then re-evaluate if required. Di sect everything into parts and handle it step by step. The picture gets scary if you try to deal everything at once.
How long did it take u to find a decent job

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
How long did it take u to find a decent job
But i do have an idea about the job hunting procedure as many of my friends have landed jobs in first 6 months and relevant jobs.
U will find everyone telling you that there are no jobs and why canada is calling everybody. Quora is full of such complaining posts.
Its competitve and hard but not impossible. U need to be strong on ur nerves and keep one thing in mind, Canadian job market purely works on professional references. So u got to develop ur contacts, social network. How u do that? Go there and get in contact with notable professional government emplyemnet agencies. They will put u through industrial people. And my two cents: avoid going to an agency where the staff majorly comprises of immigrants. Go for an agency where u are dealt by native Canadians e.g Lutherwood. I had the opportunity to visit a few agencies and there is a huge difference in attitides. Agencies which staff majorly comprises of immigrants, they tell u weird stuff e.g how to get free tixkets, jnemploymnt benefits and all such assisstamce stuff whereas the other agencies, they talk business. They work on ur resumes and assign u industrial mentors.

But be patient and hunt with perseverance. U will land something good for sure

nibrahim

Oct 6, 2018
nayyar bhai bht bht mubrk ho, i 'm numan from khi based in Uk , will be applying for Pr in couple of days, mulaqt hote hai iA canada mein

Zara Khan

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
But i do have an idea about the job hunting procedure as many of my friends have landed jobs in first 6 months and relevant jobs.
U will find everyone telling you that there are no jobs and why canada is calling everybody. Quora is full of such complaining posts.
Its competitve and hard but not impossible. U need to be strong on ur nerves and keep one thing in mind, Canadian job market purely works on professional references. So u got to develop ur contacts, social network. How u do that? Go there and get in contact with notable professional government emplyemnet agencies. They will put u through industrial people. And my two cents: avoid going to an agency where the staff majorly comprises of immigrants. Go for an agency where u are dealt by native Canadians e.g Lutherwood. I had the opportunity to visit a few agencies and there is a huge difference in attitides. Agencies which staff majorly comprises of immigrants, they tell u weird stuff e.g how to get free tixkets, jnemploymnt benefits and all such assisstamce stuff whereas the other agencies, they talk business. They work on ur resumes and assign u industrial mentors.

Thank u

Safdar_zaidi

Nov 17, 2018

Salaam Nayyar Bhai. You're have been sharing worthy information with us. Could you please share your landing experience?
I've got COPR (FSW) and planning to land by this Nov-end. I am bit worried about Proof of Funds and Interview with the Immigration officer.
(Please note :we are three family members. two adults and an infant).

Waiting to hear from you soon..!

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Salaam Zara Khan. have you landed to canada. if so, could you please share your landing experience, especially POF and Interview with the immigration officer while landing.

Regards.
I'm in a similar position, will land next month. When do you plan to land?

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Salaam Nayyar Bhai. You're have been sharing worthy information with us. Could you please share your landing experience?
I've got COPR (FSW) and planning to land by this Nov-end. I am bit worried about Proof of Funds and Interview with the Immigration officer.
(Please note :we are three family members. two adults and an infant).

Waiting to hear from you soon..!
WS Safdar

The landing procedure is pretty straight forward and i, personally, did not encounter any hitch in the whole process. I'll share with you my experience. I arrived at Toronto Pearson airport and after a signficant walk in the corridors of the airport, i reached the passport control desk. There, the guy checked my single entry immigrant visa and asked for the form that was handed me over in the airplane. This form is basically the assets declaration form which shows the details of your assets. Well, i told him that i have 10K+ CAd with myself. He wrote something on my paper with a red marker and cleared me. From there, i went to the immigration office where there was a long queue. I stood there for a while until i was called by the immigration officer. He checked my COPR and passport, kept one copy of COPR with himself and returned the immgrant copy to me with my landing date mentioned on it. Took my finger prints and i was done. He asked me nothing. From there, i went to another desk and the guy standing there handed me a WELCOME TO CANADA booklet along with some other information and routed me to the Social Insurance Number (SIN) counter. There, the lady generated my SIN number and was given a document as a proof. After this, i went out, collected my luggage and headed towards the exit. right at the airport exit, another officer was sitting. He took my declaration paper (the one that was marked by the passport officer) and instructed me to take an alternate route towards the exit. This alternate route has an additional check point where the lady again inquired about the currency i was carrying. She noted it down somewhere and inquired about my luggage. She did not open my bags as she first asked "Are there any valuables inside such as jewellry or precious stons xyz." I had nothing except my electronics and clothing and stuff. And then i went outside. i do remember that the lady told me that if on depositing this amount in the bank, if they ask you about source of the money or something similar, since you have already declared this to us, you will not face any issue.

That was my complete landing experience. It was very smooth. I made sure that i have the required amount of money. What i felt was that they did not bothered about anything. i Was telling every officer about the stuff i had and everyone was like "Your fine, just, head forward."

But my cousin, who is a Canadian, he once told me that it all depends on the officer's mindset. He may ignore a big blunder or convert a petty issue into a fireball. I would suggest you that whatever you do, make sure that you play by the book. Dont worry about the interview. I saw people who were with kids, they were given special consideration and were treated politely. Just make sure that whatever the landing requirements are outlined at the CIC website, just fulfill them and your good to go.

Reactions: FatemahPK