+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Immigration Granted - timeline from Pakistan

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Hello Everybody

i applied for the immigration under FSW program (express entry) and my passport has been stamped today, thanks to Allah All Mighty. I would like to share with you the processing time of my application applying from Lahore, Pakistan.

* ITA Receieved: 31 May 2017

I was given 90 days to submit all my documents

* Documents completed and case applied on 29 July 2017

* "Medical Cleared" notification in my CIC Account: 10 Aug 2017

* Background Check Status Changed to "NOT APPLICABLE" on 18 Aug 2017

* Background check Status Changed to "Under Review" on 28 Aug 2017

* Passport Request Receieved: 02 Sep 2017

* Passport Sent to Canadian Embassy Islamabad: 06 Sep 2017

* Passport stamped and sent back: 15 Sep 2017

Total Time from applying the case after ITA till passport stamping and receiving back: 29 July 2017 - 15 Sep 2017.

Hopefully, the above timeline will be helpful. Best of luck :)

Regards

Last edited:

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Good observation. I mistakenly put July instead of Aug. Just corrected.

Thank you pointing out
Congratulations! Did you apply through an agent/lawyer or just by yourself?

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Would you mind sharing your details?like which NOC
I am civil engineer, NOC 2131. But i think NOC does not have a significant part to play in express entry as the immigration is open for all the occupations. If the quoted experience is justified and relevant to a person's NOC then he is good to go.

Reactions: Adil Khan123

lushahz

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hello Everybody

i applied for the immigration under FSW program (express entry) and my passport has been stamped today, thanks to Allah All Mighty. I would like to share with you the processing time of my application applying from Lahore, Pakistan.

Total Time from applying the case after ITA till passport stamping and receiving back: 29 July 2017 - 15 Sep 2017.

Regards
Congratulations :) - this is really fast. All the very best for your landing and settlement. Keep us posted about your landing experience - Thanks!

Zara Khan

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hello Everybody

Regards
i am in lahore, how to send to islamabad, which documents did you attach and how to pay fee if any?
Hello Everybody

Regards

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
i am in lahore, how to send to islamabad, which documents did you attach and how to pay fee if any?
Hey

Once you have sent all the documents for processing after ITA, the VO will send you an update at your email address and ask you send your passport to the relevant embassy (which is in Islamabad). I remember there are one or two attachements with the email also that needs to be filled and sent along with your passport. Google VFS GLOBAL CANADA PAKISTAN and you will find the website where you can find all the information regarding the procedure of sending your passport. Their office is just next to Fatima Jinah Medical College, adjacent to Gerry's office. You need to go there with the attachments and passport. There is a fee and few other SOPs details of which you may find at the VFS website. The person in charge will take your passport and give you a receipt. They will send your passport to Islamabad and they are the ones who will return you your passport.

Nayyar

Zara Khan

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hey

Once you have sent all the documents for processing after ITA, the VO will send you an update at your email address and ask you send your passport to the relevant embassy (which is in Islamabad). I remember there are one or two attachements with the email also that needs to be filled and sent along with your passport. Google VFS GLOBAL CANADA PAKISTAN and you will find the website where you can find all the information regarding the procedure of sending your passport. Their office is just next to Fatima Jinah Medical College, adjacent to Gerry's office. You need to go there with the attachments and passport. There is a fee and few other SOPs details of which you may find at the VFS website. The person in charge will take your passport and give you a receipt. They will send your passport to Islamabad and they are the ones who will return you your passport.

Nayyar
thank you, what about biometrics

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
thank you, what about biometrics
They never took mine. Only at the Toronto airport when i was doing my first entry. I am not sure of the current procedure. Even if it is required as per the current procedure, facility for taking biometrics is avaiable at the VFS Global. Check out there website and i am certain there will be some information regarding it on the website.

The passport request that you will reciveve / have reicved from CIC will outline everything whatever is required.

Zara Khan

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
They never took mine. Only at the Toronto airport when i was doing my first entry. I am not sure of the current procedure. Even if it is required as per the current procedure, facility for taking biometrics is avaiable at the VFS Global. Check out there website and i am certain there will be some information regarding it on the website.

The passport request that you will reciveve / have reicved from CIC will outline everything whatever is required.
ok,i am going to fj visa office today, will let you know, i have received the letter , does that mean i got the COPR?

nayyar_asif

Sep 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
ok,i am going to fj visa office today, will let you know, i have received the letter , does that mean i got the COPR?
Do go theough the Vfs global website before going as some policy might have chnge.

No, this is just the passport request. When u will aubmit ur passport along with ur pictures and few other attachmnts, ur documnts wikk goto embassy and once it is processed, u will get it back. Ur pasaport will be enclosed in an envelope when u will go again to vfs for collcting ur passport. Ur passport will have the single immigrant visa stamped on it+ along with it, there will be two legal size papers(both same-one user copy amd the other for officials). Thatvdocumnt will be ur COPR which will ultimately be taken by the border officer when u will

Zara Khan

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Do go theough the Vfs global website before going as some policy might have chnge.

No, this is just the passport request. When u will aubmit ur passport along with ur pictures and few other attachmnts, ur documnts wikk goto embassy and once it is processed, u will get it back. Ur pasaport will be enclosed in an envelope when u will go again to vfs for collcting ur passport. Ur passport will have the single immigrant visa stamped on it+ along with it, there will be two legal size papers(both same-one user copy amd the other for officials). Thatvdocumnt will be ur COPR which will ultimately be taken by the border officer when u will
got my visa today :) thanks for your help