+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Continuous Work Experience

roycejbwk

Jun 13, 2020
Hello everyone, I worked full time for a year in Canada from June 10th, 2019 to June 12th, 2020, and got furlough due to the coronavirus impact.

Would this count as a 1 year continuous work experience as outlined by the FSW program? I took no vacation or unpaid leave during the past year at work.

Would getting furlough counts as a gap in my employment, regardless if I worked more or less than a year? Asking to be sure since if this true and I already have my 1 year experience then I should start applying to other places instead of waiting this out

Thanks for reading and appreciate any help you can provide

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I worked full time for a year in Canada from June 10th, 2019 to June 12th, 2020, and got furlough due to the coronavirus impact.

Would this count as a 1 year continuous work experience as outlined by the FSW program? I took no vacation or unpaid leave during the past year at work.

Would getting furlough counts as a gap in my employment, regardless if I worked more or less than a year? Asking to be sure since if this true and I already have my 1 year experience then I should start applying to other places instead of waiting this out

Thanks for reading and appreciate any help you can provide
Yes - this would count as one year of Canadian work experience.

I'm not sure I understand your question about the gap in employment.

Reactions: roycejbwk

roycejbwk

Jun 13, 2020
Yes - this would count as one year of Canadian work experience.

I'm not sure I understand your question about the gap in employment.
Thanks for responding. Sorry, I guess my wording wasn't most fitting.
I'm just considering whether being furlough right after 1 year have any impact when I apply for PR around August and whether I should wait to be called back to work or apply for EI and other jobs ASAP.
Bottom line is, I'm hoping that it's safe for me to apply for a new job and later on apply for PR and declare that I have 1-year continuous work experience with my previous employer

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yes, it counts as 1 year continuous work experience for FSW.

But you would also qualify for CEC which is easier for you, because you don't have any requirements other than having 1 year of Canadian work experience.

So for example you don't need to have minimum funds requirements.

Reactions: roycejbwk

roycejbwk

Jun 13, 2020
Yes, it counts as 1 year continuous work experience for FSW.

But you would also qualify for CEC which is easier for you, because you don't have any requirements other than having 1 year of Canadian work experience.

So for example you don't need to have minimum funds requirements.
Thanks for the response, I'm still waiting to take my CELPIP test which got delayed until August.
I have yet to apply for PR so I'm not sure if I can only apply under either CEC or FSW or both, I'm just preparing myself so that I'll be qualified for as many programs as possible