+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Confusion

berniechin

Dec 13, 2014
Jaxon911 said:

One year continuous paid in one occupation (in NOC O, A or B) to be eligible for FSW, because that one year's work experience would be used to identify your primary NOC. But you get points for all your work experience as long as it's in NOC O, A or B.

Hope this helps!
what about 1+1.5years' experience but with 3 month gap? how many year should I put there when filling out the "come to canada" online assessment to determine eligibility?

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
berniechin said:
what about 1+1.5years' experience but with 3 month gap? how many year should I put there when filling out the "come to canada" online assessment to determine eligibility?
In simple terms, you need one year full-time continuous experience in the primary occupation you're selecting to be eligible for FSW program within EE system.

But once you're eligible, you have to enter total number of months / years of work experience you have. That is including all jobs you've done in NOC O, A or B regardless of how many gaps / breaks you had in the middle. Of course, gap itself doesn't count towards the years, for e.g. you worked for 2 years but in the middle you had 3 month gap then your total exp is 21 months! Unless you were paid full time salary during that period.

Good luck!

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
mikek27 said:
Thanks, so just making absolutely sure that ONE NOC (2175) with multiple employers will count for both FSW and EE. ...right ?
Yes, as long as there's one continuous year, i.e. even if you changed employer, you didn't take a break in the middle or if you did take a break, it was fairly short like a holiday such as a week or two!