+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW - Claiming work experience points under multiple NOCs

gracefu68

Star Member
Jun 30, 2022
Yes. 2yrs 5mths - Feb 2017 to May 2019
10 months - Feb 2016 to November 2016
Oh, then I don't think it would be a problem. Based on the above reply by Naturgrl:
To be eligible for EE-FSW, you need one year of continuous skilled work experience in one NOC. That is your primary NOC. After that you can have as many NOCS as you want to count 3 years.
You could possibly consider it as 3 years experience.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Pls I have a question.

I have 2yrs 5mths experience in one NOC code as financial analyst - TEER 1 and

10mths experience as a secondary school teacher (was paid in cash) in another NOC code - TEER 1.
Both experience were full time.

Please can I combine this as a total of 3 years? Will it be recognised by IRCC? Also has anyone successfully gotten PR that was in this situation?

Pls I look forward to ur replies. I am considering starting the express entry process.
You can combine it as long as you have employment letters stating you did those jobs, hours and pay.

sergedest

Dec 9, 2022
Hi all. I have a query regarding claiming maximum work experience points under multiple NOCs as an FSW candidate.
Nox Vidmate VLC
Since we know that an FSW candidate can obtain maximum work experience points for at least 3 years of work experience, I want to know if you can combine work experience under multiple NOCs to claim the points for 3 years of work experience. For e.g.: if the FSW candidate has 2 years of work experience in their primary NOC code, and 1 year of work experience in a different/secondary NOC code, can this total to 3 years work experience? Would one be able to claim the 3 years work experience points for FSW?

Thanks.
There are two parts - calendar year and then hours. So you need the years of experience, then the hours. So you have two years experience.

Last edited:

ambitious1234

Mar 15, 2019
Hi everyone,
If 1 year recent experience belong to one NOC , while two years experience to another NOC, then should should be primary NOC ?
NOC of recent one year or NOC of older two years. Is it up to applicant to decide which NOC can be primary ?
April 2022-May 2023- NOC1
Feb 2020 - March 2022- NOC2

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
If 1 year recent experience belong to one NOC , while two years experience to another NOC, then should should be primary NOC ?
NOC of recent one year or NOC of older two years. Is it up to applicant to decide which NOC can be primary ?
April 2022-May 2023- NOC1
Feb 2020 - March 2022- NOC2
Pick a primary NOC as long as both are one year, full-time.

Pedram7905

Jan 29, 2024
As I prepare to open my Express Entry (FSW) account, I am confronted with the question: " In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continues, paid, full-time ( or an equal amount in part time), and in only one occupation." My question is, does one occupation mean one job position and title, or can I combine two job positions in one NOC?

Reactions: Snrwhyte91