+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Category Eligible Or Not?

cheekylittleminx727

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hey guys! I need your insight. I'm confused and nervous at the same. I don't know if I'm eligible for the FSW category or not.
I am a 31-year old engineer working in the Philippines and I applied for PR under FSW category on August 30, 2018. Upon checking my profile, they are reviewing whether I meet the eligibility requirements. I know that I need to get 67/100 in order to be eligible. Based on the 6 selection factors:

Language:
Reading - 8.0
Listening - 8.5
Writing - 7.0
Speaking 7.0

Work Experience:
Previous Job - 5 months (NOC 2211)
Current Job - 2 years and 8 months upon receipt of ITA (NOC 2211)
I'm not sure if they will add these two to satisfy the 3-year work experience requirement

Education:
Diploma (2 years) and Diploma (3 years)

No arranged employment in Canada. No second language. No spouse or relative in Canada.

Do you think I'm eligible? Let me know your insights please.

monica25

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Hey guys! I need your insight. I'm confused and nervous at the same. I don't know if I'm eligible for the FSW category or not.
I am a 31-year old engineer working in the Philippines and I applied for PR under FSW category on August 30, 2018. Upon checking my profile, they are reviewing whether I meet the eligibility requirements. I know that I need to get 67/100 in order to be eligible. Based on the 6 selection factors:

Language:
Reading - 8.0
Listening - 8.5
Writing - 7.0
Speaking 7.0

Work Experience:
Previous Job - 5 months (NOC 2211)
Current Job - 2 years and 8 months upon receipt of ITA (NOC 2211)
I'm not sure if they will add these two to satisfy the 3-year work experience requirement

Education:
Diploma (2 years) and Diploma (3 years)

No arranged employment in Canada. No second language. No spouse or relative in Canada.

Do you think I'm eligible? Let me know your insights please.
Your profile will show "We are reviewing wether you meet the eligibility requirements" until they issue your CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence), only after that your status will change. This is completely normal.