+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW - Cairo / Egypt Office - ONLY 2009 Applicants

reksa

Star Member
Oct 5, 2008
Nobody knows what is future brings to us, Cairo visa office is so slow those days. Lot of cases have the same situation, more than 8 months

hamdigalal

Dec 22, 2009
Dear friends I copy and paste this email from egyptiantalks.org for some applicant who ask about his case at cairo visa office*Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your recent enquiry regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker.

On November 28, 2008, pursuant to section 87 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which affect applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008. Since your application was received on or after this date, your application is subject to these amendments. We are in the process of assessing applications against the Ministerial Instructions to determine whether they are eligible for processing.

Due to the high volume of applications received on or after February 27, 2008, it will take at least 24 months for your application to receive a determination. You will be contacted once a determination has been made or if additional ********s are judged to be necessary. Given the above, we would ask that you refrain from making further enquiries on your application as we will not respond to them.
That is mean that we have long time to wait

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well this is not a good news at all.

According to Jason Kenney Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Instruction under FSW new rules all application must be processed within 12 Month from the day that application was submit it.
New Delhi Visa Office are the busiest office and they are processing all application much faster than Cairo office. Why should we wait more than 24 month just for our medical while applicants in other offices are getting their Visa in shorter time? This answer that hamdigalal received is not fare to all of us who submit their application to this office. I believe we all should file
A complaint to the Minister office at this E-mail address Minister @ cic.gc.ca or write to him at the address listed below.
I believe we all are equal in this process and we should not let some bad lazy workers at Cairo office spoil our Canadian dream.

Please write to:

The Honourable Jason Kenney, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Doddy

May 1, 2010
Hi everyone,

my file is being processed in Cairo Office since Nov 2009 with status shows " Received by visa office"

while i may move to work in Kuwait very soon !! what may i do in this case ? may i ask for transfering my case to London visa office ? cos Cairo visa office is like a dead body thesedays ...

plz advice. thnx

afr

Star Member
May 2, 2010
Dear Hamdigalal,

24 months!!!!!

I do not think so. Did they inform you in your AOR letter that for your application category to receive a determination it takes up to 24 months.

Please let me know they mentioned how long it usually takes for them to process your category, as I have submitted my document late August 2009 and have the same status like you.

AFR

hamdigalal

Dec 22, 2009
dear AFR it is not my e-mail it is some body else from egyptiantalks.org. I copied from there and pasted her to show how they deal with the applications at Cairo visa office.my case is RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE since SEP 2009 and I sent 3 e-mails to them asking about the dealy of my case but there was no response from them. by the way when they mailed my AOR in SEP they asked me to contact their office if I did not hear from them by the end of the 6 month from the date of receiving my full application .and I did but there was no response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doddy

May 1, 2010
hamdigalal said:
dear AFR it is not my e-mail it is some body else from egyptiantalks.org. I copied from there and pasted her to show how they deal with the applications at Cairo visa office.my case is RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE since SEP 2009 and I sent 3 e-mails to them asking about the dealy of my case but there was no response from them. by the way when they mailed my AOR in SEP they asked me to contact their office if I did not hear from them by the end of the 6 month from the date of receiving my full application .and I did but there was no response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi HamdiGalal ... my case is about to be the same as urs ... and i sent them inquiry about my status as it remains showing " RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE " since Nov. 2009 but they finally replied with that mail " takes at least 24 months and dont contact us untill we contact u " that was very bad response from them very disapointing ... i really cant plan my life ... i even started to think to goto for a job in Gulf country so i can transfer my file to London office ... but i am not sure if that possible or not ...

reksa

Star Member
Oct 5, 2008
This refers to your recent enquiry regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker.
On November 28, 2008, pursuant to section 87 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which affect applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008. Since your application was received on or after this date, your application is subject to these amendments. We are in the process of assessing applications against the Ministerial Instructions to determine whether they are eligible for processing.
Due to the high volume of applications received on or after February 27, 2008, it will take at least 24 months for your application to receive a determination. You will be contacted once a determination has been made or if addition

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simply I can’t get it how come the other Visa offices are working much faster even though they are receiving more volume of applications than this office.

Why you guys don’t you file a complaint to the Minister office at this E-mail address Minister@cic.gc.ca as I did?

Doddy

May 1, 2010
nasj said:
Simply I can't get it how come the other Visa offices are working much faster even though they are receiving more volume of applications than this office.

Why you guys don't you file a complaint to the Minister office at this E-mail address Minister @ cic.gc.ca as I did?
and was the result ? have u got any feedback or things went faster ?

afr

Star Member
May 2, 2010
Hamdi, Thanks for your response. I will update you on my case once i hear from the office.

Sooner or later we will hear from them and I hope for the best for everyone. Keep me informed about any development in your case.

Thanks

AFR

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I'm back with the same bad news, after more than 8 months waiting the medical and as NS requested us to contact our visa office in case we don't hear from them in 6 months i contacted Cairo office and told them that i contacted them as per the CIC instructions and that they must reply me officially,

They replied that due to the work load the new processing time will take at least 24 months and that i'm not allowed to contact them before these 24 months elapse ( Same mail which some of u received )

Frankly speaking i raised a lot of complains to a lot of responsible people, the commitment form the minster was 6 - 12 months that's why we applied !! they own us explanation, we are not fresh graduate or normal people, we r high skilled professional people who have excellent experience and job and we can not wast our time, we need to plan our life,

Guys these people are good and they listen to anyone who complain, so go ahead and submit ur complain, don't be afraid, this is Canada NOT Egypt :)

I can assure u that these respectful people respect others point of view, u have to raise ur points and I'm sure they will listen to u guys,

Let's all of us send them, how come they post on the internet processing time that matches with the mister announcement ( 6 - 12 months ) while our visa office say something totally different ! let's all of us raise our voice in a descent respected way,

Let's keep each other updated in case anyone get reply,

BR

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One More thing, no one will look to our complain if only 1 or 2 person send it, they will say may be there is problem with their background check or something like that, we need all of us to work together for our own benefit and to know either to plan our life there or there,

Hope u got my point,

S

saedmahraan

masem said:
One More thing, no one will look to our complain if only 1 or 2 person send it, they will say may be there is problem with their background check or something like that, we need all of us to work together for our own benefit and to know either to plan our life there or there,

Hope u got my point,
dear

I appreciate your idea but what it is the manner or method you think we can do ?

direct complaint by fax to the canadian embassador in cairo

to the minester jaisson kinny ?

in my openion they should work as egypt has a quota must be fulfilled within 2010

also 24 months for the whole process does not run away from 12to 18 months

pay attention to that

لا انسي اللايمل ده سطامبة واحدة للجميع ليس اكثر ان شاء اله خير قريبا
, وتحياتي للجميع

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I think the complains should be submitted to both of them, if we send to the Canadian Ambassador in Egypt office CC jaisson kinny for sure they will reply and they will think 1000000 times before reply ;) what do u think, any suggestions ?

Regarding the 24 months, my friend they didn't say u will get the visa after 24 months, they said we will start processing the application in our visa office after 24 months ( From sending the full documents to Cairo office ), so still there will be a lot of steps following these 24 months: checking ur application against the requirements, Interview ( If needed ), background check, Security Check, Medical Request, Send Medical, Sending passport ???