+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW application denied, with TRV (Tourist Visa) - can I visit Canada as tourist?

honey_quim08

Oct 6, 2014
Hello, need help and advise..I already have a temporary resident visa for Canada issued last year and valid for 5 yrs, multiple entry. I also visited Canada last December and stayed 6 months. Now I am in my home country and was just recently denied in my FSW application. Can I go back to Canada as a tourist? Is there a very high chance that I will be detained by the immigration officers in the airport when they will find about the refusal of my application for immigrant?

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
honey_quim08 said:
Hello, need help and advise..I already have a temporary resident visa for Canada issued last year and valid for 5 yrs, multiple entry. I also visited Canada last December and stayed 6 months. Now I am in my home country and was just recently denied in my FSW application. Can I go back to Canada as a tourist? Is there a very high chance that I will be detained by the immigration officers in the airport when they will find about the refusal of my application for immigrant?

You should be fine.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
honey_quim08 said:

What's the FSW refusal reason? I ask in case it raises inadmissibility issues which will affect future travel to Canada. When are you intending to return to Canada? I expect the CBSA border agent to scrutinize in detail your next admission. You have indicated immigrant intent with the FSW application and have already spent 6 months it seems mostly in 2015 in Canada. This is a long visit by any measure? Are you employed or self employed? Make sure you have some solid evidence of your ties back home when you next show up at the border.

honey_quim08

Oct 6, 2014
Msafiri said:
What's the FSW refusal reason? I ask in case it raises inadmissibility issues which will affect future travel to Canada. When are you intending to return to Canada? I expect the CBSA border agent to scrutinize in detail your next admission. You have indicated immigrant intent with the FSW application and have already spent 6 months it seems mostly in 2015 in Canada. This is a long visit by any measure? Are you employed or self employed? Make sure you have some solid evidence of your ties back home when you next show up at the border.

The FSW refusal reason was that the Visa officer was not satisfied that my job experience is related to the NOC that I applied for. Thus, I fall short of the minimum points of 67 for FSW...thankfully, I was not charged of misrepresentation which may prohibit me from entering Canada for a period of time..Anyways, technically, it was 5 months in Canada and 1 month in US..we often cross the border in Seattle and spent some overnights and then the last 2 weeks I spent in LA..was wondering if I am safe to go back as tourist and if anybody has done it after FSW denial though I know how risky it is.. :)