+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW applicant with spouse being current student. Need Advice!

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
hi, i'm writing on behalf my sister who is a FSW category applicant (based on one of the 38 job categories) residing in Bangladesh. Her husband (dependent in this case) is a current student in Canada since Sep/09. Do you believe that if she applies, that will cause any problem for her hubby's study/ student visa. If her application is granted, what will happen to her hubby's student visa? Is there any risk you can see here.

Thanks

Salman

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sadruddin said:
hi, i'm writing on behalf my sister who is a FSW category applicant (based on one of the 38 job categories) residing in Bangladesh. Her husband (dependent in this case) is a current student in Canada since Sep/09. Do you believe that if she applies, that will cause any problem for her hubby's study/ student visa. If her application is granted, what will happen to her hubby's student visa? Is there any risk you can see here.

Thanks

Salman
No, if she receives an Immigrant visa (COPR) he will as well. She would just have to "land" before him. It will not effect his study permit.

PMM

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
Dear PPM,
Thank you for the reply. Her husband is already studying there in Canada on student Visa. and my sister, who is in working in Bangladesh, has a Candian visitor visa for next two years (she visited once already). Now provided she applies as principal applicant, and are asked to send passports, will her hubby's student visa be cancelled and converted ot PR visa? We would like to imagine what would happen to current student visa at that time, to avoid any unpleasant circumstances.

Would you recommend, it would be better if her hubby applies after one years of completion of his study there and that would be easier? (he also has past experince in Bangladesh, in public service).

thank you for your advice.

SMS

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sadruddin said:
Dear PPM,
Thank you for the reply. Her husband is already studying there in Canada on student Visa. and my sister, who is in working in Bangladesh, has a Candian visitor visa for next two years (she visited once already). Now provided she applies as principal applicant, and are asked to send passports, will her hubby's student visa be cancelled and converted ot PR visa? We would like to imagine what would happen to current student visa at that time, to avoid any unpleasant circumstances.

Would you recommend, it would be better if her hubby applies after one years of completion of his study there and that would be easier? (he also has past experince in Bangladesh, in public service).

thank you for your advice.

SMS

1. No the study permit would not be canceled, the COPR would be inserted in the passport and your b/law would either "land' at a POE or an Inland CIC (by appt.) after your sister "lands"
2. Their choice.

PMM