+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Applicant - Proof of Relationship

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
Hello Experts

I have been invited under FSW and while filling out the form it asks for Family Member Proof of Status (required) AND Proof of Relationship IN UPLOAD MY DOCUMENT CHECKLIST!

I have no one here in canada except my uncle but he is not the reason I have been invited. Can you guys let me know :

1. If I can update my form to exclude him as "Relatives in Canada".
2. If I can't what documnet do I need to provide ? We don't have similar "Surnames".

Thanks !!

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May be the "relatives in Canada" couldn't have contributed anything towards your CRS but It might have gained you 5 points in Adaptability section to calculate the FSW required points.

If you are sure that your scores are not altered after you remove the information post ITA, you can go ahead and answer "NO" to that question. The required documents section will get automatically updated and you don't see the placeholer anymore for the proof of relationship.

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
May be the "relatives in Canada" couldn't have contributed anything towards your CRS but It might have gained you 5 points in Adaptability section to calculate the FSW required points.

If you are sure that your scores are not altered after you remove the information post ITA, you can go ahead and answer "NO" to that question. The required documents section will get automatically updated and you don't see the placeholer anymore for the proof of relationship.
Thanks Chaitanya for the response.

As I see my CRS scrore I don't see any section for Adaptability and its score. How do I know my CRS score is impacted if I make the changes as "NO" for - Relatives in Canada now.

Pls. suggest.

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adaptability section is applicable to the FSW points calculation, not your CRS.

To be eligible under FSW program, one should get atleast 67 points. Adaptability is linked to this score.

Check the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
Adaptability section is applicable to the FSW points calculation, not your CRS.

To be eligible under FSW program, one should get atleast 67 points. Adaptability is linked to this score.

Check the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
Hi Chaitanya - Thanks again,

My profile says - both FSW and CEC criteria met but I got invitation for FSW. Also I can edit my form as "NO" and now the documnet checklist doesn't ask me for proof of relationship and also it has not impacted my CRS score. But how about the express entry profile form which still says "Transmitted" , I can open that form in non editable view and it shows the option selected as "YES"

pls. advise.

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't modify the already transmitted EE profile. The changes can be made only on the PR application.

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
You can't modify the already transmitted EE profile. The changes can be made only on the PR application.
Thanks Chaitanya, would it be an issue if there is a difference between the transmitted profile and the actual application.
Would CIC still consider if I make changes while submitting the application for PR i.e changing the option to "NO" for relatives in canada. Do they cross check the application with submitted profile ?

Would it be better to decline this ITA and update the profile ?

BTW I still beleive i haven't got any point for Relatives in canada.

Pls. suggest.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you got points for a relative, just not in crs. there's a separate point grid for eligibility for FSW. Seeing as that's what you got invited under, you need to recalculate those without the family points and see if you're still eligible for FSW. If you're not, then you'd have to decline the invite. Someone above has given you the link to FSW eligibility - go through that.

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
purplesnow said:
you got points for a relative, just not in crs. there's a separate point grid for eligibility for FSW. Seeing as that's what you got invited under, you need to recalculate those without the family points and see if you're still eligible for FSW. If you're not, then you'd have to decline the invite. Someone above has given you the link to FSW eligibility - go through that.
Hi Purplesnow

I don't know if there is a section in my express entry profile to calculate FWS eligibility points , but looking into different sections I calculated them manually . Here is the score:
IELTS Band 7 16
Education - Bachelor ECA done 21
Experience 10 yrs 15
Age 32 yrs 12
Arranged employment in Canada Valid WP 10

Total 74

Not sure if the ablove claulation is in sync with whatever is reflecting in CRS.
What is the best way moving forward ?

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, it is evident from your scores that you did not get 5 points for having a relative in Canada. I think you can now go ahead and change the information in your PR application.

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
So, it is evident from your scores that you did not get 5 points for having a relative in Canada. I think you can now go ahead and change the information in your PR application.
Thanks Chaitanya , this is what i have calculated using the link you sent across but how do I validate that it is matching with whatever is included in my CRS.
pls. suggest

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you are qualified for both CEC and FSW, I don't foresee any issue even if you change. To validate, i would suggest you to to create a dummy profile, make the change that you want to do and see if that has really any impact or not. If you do so, make sure you withdraw the dummy profile after you are done with your iterations.

Wish you good luck with your application.

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
As you are qualified for both CEC and FSW, I don't foresee any issue even if you change. To validate, i would suggest you to to create a dummy profile, make the change that you want to do and see if that has really any impact or not. If you do so, make sure you withdraw the dummy profile after you are done with your iterations.

Wish you good luck with your application.
Hi Chaitanya

Does it make sense to decline this invitation and wait for OOPNP? I have already got a call from OOPNP and they seem quite satisfied.

Can I still receive PNP after getting ITA ? Do I need to decline this invitation.

I heard PNP nominated candiddates have better success rate and don't need to submit lot of documnets.