+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW applicant in Quebec applying for citizenship

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Kind request to please respond to this query.

We put our PR request under FSW and then my wife got admission in Quebec for higher study. When the file opened, The FSW people did asked why I am sitting in Quebec. I could justify them my intention because in the past also I did apply for Immigration in 2006 and that was for outside quebec but due to 2008 ruling that queue was terminated for all the applicants. Also mentioned that wife is studying and we have kid so , no choice but to remain in Quebec till the study finish. The officer was good person and agreed to let our case through.

When PR came, we went to Alberta to do our landing.Spent around 1 week , checking around about the university transfer and my job opportunities. Did not get much response. Met university of Calgary people but nothing very promising. Came back to Quebec and continued our life ( wife with her study and I with my job)

Study finished in 2016 but by that time, kid started going to french school and doing good to learn the language. My wife started looking for job + studying French language course.

Long story short, she got job in Quebec, mine was going on and kid got comfortable with french so we continued here.

Now ques :
1> Can there be any question raised during our Canadian Citizenship application that why we did not go out of Quebec once the PR was done and why we are still in this province.

2> Should we show 1 week spent in alberta + landing as intention to move in the application. Basically mentioning 1 week address in alberta ( there is column to show all old addresses)

What else we can do to avoid any issues in our application. Please note that we dont have any email communications with employers/university outside quebec.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
There is no issue. Canada is Canada is Canada.

I know several people who did the same thing. I had a CSQ but landed through Buffalo.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
IMHO, no need to even put that 1 week address in Alberta in your citizenship application.
Its more of a holiday within the country and IRCC doesn't ask about those.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Hi just wondering did the government of Quebec request your family to apply Quebec selection certificate? How did you renew healthcard? Since you got your PR from FSW. Thanks

dsan_01

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
CSQ was not asked and involved in our case because I did application of FSW and we had valid reason to be in Quebec and honest reason to move to Alberta because all my family is in Alberta, had rejection letter from University of Calgary and Old Immigration case ( showing Alberta was choice). All these reasons helped the officer to take a decision. I always tell people that do not look into our case and think one can walk the same route. Our condition was unique. This oil bust and no response from Univ of Calgary hampered our move otherwise I would have moved to Alberta after PR.
Since I was on spousal work permit so we were not covered under Quebec health system. Alberta healthcare told us that you have 2 options if you are going back to Quebec. Since my wife is student there, either you take Alberta health card and update us that you will be staying in quebec for 1+ year so that they can reimburse your medical bills OR take the health card from Quebec. So we went to Quebec health care office and they treated us like we moved to Quebec from another province. Got it 3 months after. Honestly this Quebec and rest of Canada stuff is very stressful.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Ok I understand now. Thanks for the input.

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hello,

Please guide.

International student studying in Quebec on student visa. Can one apply for FSW from Quebec? How do you justify? Or is there a way to get Quebec PR as a student studying there?

stevenliang

Mar 19, 2019
Hello,

Please guide.

International student studying in Quebec on student visa. Can one apply for FSW from Quebec? How do you justify? Or is there a way to get Quebec PR as a student studying there?
Not sure about your situation. You can apply in Quebec but need to learn french