+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fsw applicant in manila dec 2005

ncee2001

Mar 4, 2010
hello there, anyone who can answer my inquiries???
my family and i are now currently living in canada for more than 2 years with working visa permits.
we applied permanent residence as fsw in dec 2005 in manila, canadian embassy and until now we are waiting for our application there. it showed in e-cas that documents stared processing in dec 2005.
we can't apply as pr here because we have an existing application in manila. is the processing time too long? does anyone there applied as fsw in the year 2005?
thank you and have a good day! ;)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
2005? Personally, I would consider that "lost." There is no reason you cannot apply again. CIC explicitly states that you can apply to more than one program. If you qualify for CEC, go for it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/cec/cec-faq13.asp

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ncee2001 said:
hello there, anyone who can answer my inquiries???
my family and i are now currently living in canada for more than 2 years with working visa permits.
we applied permanent residence as fsw in dec 2005 in manila, canadian embassy and until now we are waiting for our application there. it showed in e-cas that documents stared processing in dec 2005.
we can't apply as pr here because we have an existing application in manila. is the processing time too long? does anyone there applied as fsw in the year 2005?
thank you and have a good day! ;)
Hi there,

If you had been working in Canada for two years under NOC 0, A, or B, you may be qualified to apply under CEC as Jes_On said. It does not matter that you have an ongoing FSW application. You can submit more than one type of application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

ncee2001

Mar 4, 2010
i already called the cic here in canada and said that if i have an existing application in process i should wait for the decision. an immigration lawyer also contacted cic on my behalf and said the same thing. i only want to see if my batchmates of 2005 fsw applicants in manila have the same waiting period as mine. thank you for your idea. ;)
i also know the new CEC, we thought because we are already here in Canada working and my son studying for more than two years we would be prioritize because we are contributing to the gov't taxes already, but we're wrong it will be canadian, embassy manila rules that we have to follow. anyways, the cic in manila sends letter in our home address here now. i got a letter last nov 2008.
thanks again.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You can do what you want, but it sounds like you have some wrong information or misunderstanding. This information is directly available from the CIC website, I sent you a link before. You were right originally - If you have been living in Canada for at least a year and are still living in Canada at the time of the application, you should apply to CIC Buffalo for the CEC program, and it will be processed like all other CEC applications (priority).

Are the dates in your post right? 2005? What is the relevance of a letter in 2008? By all means, check with others who applied 5 years ago and see what is happening. But your application has been "in process" for nearly 5 years... If nothing is happening, and you don't want "confusion" between 2 applications, you can always write to CIC-Manila and withdraw the old application.

ncee2001

Mar 4, 2010
thanks again for your reply. before my husband got a job offer in march 2007, we already applied as fsw in manila cic in sept 2005. so when we arrived in canada as foreign workers on dec 2007, we already have an existing application for pr in manila. right from the time we entered canada i contacted cic here and manila cic, they said because i have an existing application we can't apply here instead wait for the decision of the existing one in manila. i have heard from the applicants in 2005 in manila and the last letter they received from cic is the same as mine. ;)
maybe we can withdraw that application in manila and apply for CEC here. thank you again.

ncee2001

Mar 4, 2010
letter in nov 2008 from cic manila states if applicants are still interested for the application or not. I said we were and we are asking for consideration since we are already working and living here in canada. hope this will answer your question for letter of 2008. ;)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
OK, thanks for the clarification on the letter. Still, it's been over a year. Have you sent a case-specific inquiry to CIC-Manila? Or checked the status online?

Given the reply you got from CIC, it sounds like they thought you meant another FSW application, rather than a CEC application. Did you specifically state the Canadian Experience Class application when you talked to them?

It's up to you. But you know, CIC-Manila has to prioritize all applications received since 2008.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ncee2001 said:
i already called the cic here in canada and said that if i have an existing application in process i should wait for the decision. an immigration lawyer also contacted cic on my behalf and said the same thing. i only want to see if my batchmates of 2005 fsw applicants in manila have the same waiting period as mine. thank you for your idea. ;)
i also know the new CEC, we thought because we are already here in Canada working and my son studying for more than two years we would be prioritize because we are contributing to the gov't taxes already, but we're wrong it will be canadian, embassy manila rules that we have to follow. anyways, the cic in manila sends letter in our home address here now. i got a letter last nov 2008.
thanks again.
Clearly you had been misinformed. There are members here who are applicants to more than one immigration stream- Family Stream and FSW stream. I don't see the difference of having an application for FSW and CEC. One has a shorter processing time (CEC) whereas the other one (FSW) has lagged for a long time now and to think that your application is under the "old" under pressure jobs. Well anyway you are now in Canada and are already working and are willing to wait, so it is your choice.

ncee2001

Mar 4, 2010
thanks for the info. we might as well apply for the cec ccategory, how sure are you that we can apply on two different ccategory?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
did you even look at the links posted above?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ncee2001 said:
thanks for the info. we might as well apply for the cec ccategory, how sure are you that we can apply on two different ccategory?
Will send names in your inbox- Filipinos too and you can ask them personally.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hi ncee2001,

You inbox is full. Anyway, you're almost done the 61 months wait, so your application is at the last lap so to speak. Don't worry so much about it anymore. You're in Canada and your family is with you. That is what is important. All the best to you and your family.