Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
U dont need any originals here. Just transcripts for all degrees and about IELTS it depends some dont ask and some do. and u did ur masters in english language country then u dont need IELTS at all.

sum122119

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Lodon Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
25 FEB 2010
AOR Received.
19 Aug 2010
IELTS Request
sent with the doc result 7 bands
File Transfer...
27 July
Med's Request
awaited
Med's Done....
awaited
Interview........
hope not to go for.
Passport Req..
awaited
VISA ISSUED...
awaited
LANDED..........
awaited
but i sent my transcripts and degrees all with the pr file...silly me. do you think all copies can work for both degrees and transcripts? please help.

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
see universities can issue any number of transcripts so u need to get few more copies from ur universities only. u dont need to get it back from your applications.

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
for visa appliction u dont need neither transcript nor original degree certifiates. you just need them for admission. get a few copies from ur university, like each university will ask for two copies. that must need to be sealed and signed from ur university in an envelop(they dont acept open ones). So get around 8 to 10 copies max.

larxace

Star Member
May 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010 Sent to NS
Doc's Request.
02-03-2010
Nomination.....
18-04-2010 sent docs to Buffallo VO
AOR Received.
06-05-2010 Received New File # from Buffalo VO
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
April 2011 - status changed to "in process" File transferred to NY Oct 14, 2011
Med's Request
Received 22-12-11 MR letter dated 16-12-11
Med's Done....
28-12-11, further test 1-26-12, Med received by CIC Ottawa 2-18-12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Received 3-2-12 letter dated 2-21-12
VISA ISSUED...
3/15/12 (received on 3/28/12)
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hi Kavya,

If you are taking 4 yrs course, you can get a 3 yrs post grad visa (open work permit) which means you can stay for 7 yrs, but that would require a very huge amount of money and show money especially if you are planning to bring your family....also, i am not sure if you are taking a bachelor/underagruate course if you could bring your family....i am sure that the cic program that could bring spouse and children is only for post graduate student and masters or PhD's...
For a family of 4 for example, you need to show at least $21,000 in your acct aside from paying the whole course for a year, in our case that is $16,000...you can pay for 1 term only but it is very risky, cic thinks that if you pay in full you are determined of completing the course and not just 1 yr...
If you are planning to bring your spouse and children at the same time as you leave your country, it is better to apply all at the same time, in that way, you only submit one application and documents...however, you can always apply after you got yours...
Also, the maximum hours that a student can work is 20 hours, unless it is vacation he can work full time...

hope my info helps...

Larxace

kavya said:
Thank u very much indeed. I will surely need your help throughout the process. Please stay in touch here. Actually, In my case, Its me who is going to be primary applicant. I am not sure about which month I will fly as I have 50-50 % for both terms. I mean either sep'2011 or Jan'2012. Lets hope the best. I am likely to get 4 years research course, So in that case, how many years I can get after my study as open work permit? Also can your hubby work more than 20 hrs per week as being a student?

Which way do u advice best. To send both me and my hubby's application at same time or I can also call him once I get settle at there. I mean I dont want to take such risk as he got nice job here till the time I get settle there. May be in 6 months time.

Thanks and send me your views again,

Kavya

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
well, What I have heard is that we just need to consider first year's fees to get visa with and my fees is preety lower I mean just $5445 and the university site detaileds that the rest of other expances comes as $11000 so I can do very good with around $17000.

Waht in case of Fundings. I am expecting some fundings from the university too? Do I still need to show the same amount? The CIC website shows that we need only a year expances and the rest I can prove from my husband's paysleep and all.

Also If i apply we both at a time it may highely be the case that we wont come back and our home tie will get more weaken. I dont mind if my hubby need to wait for some time. Because if I am applying for both of us then I need double the amount to who there.

What you suggest?

kavya

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Larxace,

Nice to hear u made up ur decision early, can u help me with few querries:-
1. Have heard that VO is skeptical about issuing spouse visa for international students? what was ur experience with the VO.
2. After completeing the 8 mths Graduate cert,. course, by which route r u planning to file for PR?
3. Is the route of taking 1 year course+1 year open work permit stand good chances of PR later on?
4. Which course is ur husband studying there?

would appreciate ur comments.
thanks.

larxace

Star Member
May 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010 Sent to NS
Doc's Request.
02-03-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hi Kavya,

As long as you can prove that you are going back after your school, VO will give you a student visa...in our case, mu husband applied for student visa with me and our 2 children and they still give us the visa without interview or additional requirements, we just showed that we still own a house in our country and our parents and siblings are all there, plus we explained in the statement of purpose that getting a good education in canada will help our country when we go back...
Also, please make sure to ask for the fees in the university, mostly the fees in the website is for canadians and it is normally double for international students...
I had a friend who applied after us and she applied with her husband too and they get the visa too...however, if it is really your intention not to bring your husband right away then apply for him later after you have landed here and settled...the only thing you have to consider is that no matter when your husband will apply his expiry will just be the same as yours...
For the univ, you can pay one yr fees first, then apart from your receipt of payment, you should still be able to show around $12 to 15k for the 2 of you and 10k if you're alone...
goodluck on your application

kavya said:
well, What I have heard is that we just need to consider first year's fees to get visa with and my fees is preety lower I mean just $5445 and the university site detaileds that the rest of other expances comes as $11000 so I can do very good with around $17000.

Waht in case of Fundings. I am expecting some fundings from the university too? Do I still need to show the same amount? The CIC website shows that we need only a year expances and the rest I can prove from my husband's paysleep and all.

Also If i apply we both at a time it may highely be the case that we wont come back and our home tie will get more weaken. I dont mind if my hubby need to wait for some time. Because if I am applying for both of us then I need double the amount to who there.

What you suggest?

kavya

larxace

Star Member
May 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010 Sent to NS
Doc's Request.
02-03-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hi amitsmeet,

to answer your queries:
1. my husband applied with me as his spouse together with our 2 kids and we didn't encounter any problem at all, no interview, no additional documents, not sure if we are just lucky or we have convinced them that we are coming back after his education, but its a very good try...now both kids enjoyed the free education even if we are still not landed immigrants and we are getting support from gov't. I think you just need to really make sure to convince them that you have a strong tie in your home country, i.e. you own a property, etc...and you have enough funds to show that you can survive here in canada and will not be a liability...
2. we have applied for PR already, after we landed here we submitted our application since we realized that my husband is qualified under FSW,
it is currently "in Process" now and in buffalo USA...
3. my husband completed the 1 yr post grad course already and is now under the post grad visa, we are both working now...but since we landed here, while my husband is studying, i had open work permit already and been working...however, i have a friend you came after us and just completed her 8 months course, they moved to saskatchewan (as we are in ontario), there is a program there that while you are on post grad visa, as long as you have worked for 6 months full time, the province will nominate you and you can continue to work for 2 more yrs while waiting for your PR...to answer your question, 1 yr study + 1 yr post grad work is enough
4. my husband took post grad in wireless networking, he is an IT

hope i have answered your questions :)

Larxace

amitsmeet said:
Hi Larxace,

Nice to hear u made up ur decision early, can u help me with few querries:-
1. Have heard that VO is skeptical about issuing spouse visa for international students? what was ur experience with the VO.
2. After completeing the 8 mths Graduate cert,. course, by which route r u planning to file for PR?
3. Is the route of taking 1 year course+1 year open work permit stand good chances of PR later on?
4. Which course is ur husband studying there?

would appreciate ur comments.
thanks.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thnks Larxace, that was indeed quite comprehensice, I appreciate the time you took to answer my querry, thanx again and wish u luck in ur future endeavours.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok Larxace,

1 more querry, hw r u planning for PR cause as far as i know, Ontario has an employer driven PR system?

and 2nd ly, did ur husband do a part time job which studying 1 year OGC to cover the living expenses, did he get it easily ?
thanxs.

snow

Apr 12, 2011
larxace, I just wanted to confirm with your statement:

1. my husband applied with me as his spouse together with our 2 kids and we didn't encounter any problem at all, no interview, no additional documents, not sure if we are just lucky or we have convinced them that we are coming back after his education, but its a very good try...now both kids enjoyed the free education even if we are still not landed immigrants and we are getting support from gov't. I think you just need to really make sure to convince them that you have a strong tie in your home country, i.e. you own a property, etc...and you have enough funds to show that you can survive here in canada and will not be a liability...
==================

I also have 3 kids and I want to make sure that they can study for free while parents are on a study visa? and what kind of government support you have been receiving for your kids with the status of student visa?did you mean the child tax benefit? please give me more details with regards to your children, thanks

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Hay thats much great superb news. I double checked with university also I checked fee with international student fees. Normally, PhD fees are much lower then the other ones.

Well, I dont mind my hubby to come with me. I will surely think on the same. I guess I simply can get visa with me and he can join me in two months time or so. So I just need aditional $10k to show. isnt it?

Sound interesting

Thanks

Kavya

Ok so u mean to say i just need around $

larxace said:
Hi Kavya,

As long as you can prove that you are going back after your school, VO will give you a student visa...in our case, mu husband applied for student visa with me and our 2 children and they still give us the visa without interview or additional requirements, we just showed that we still own a house in our country and our parents and siblings are all there, plus we explained in the statement of purpose that getting a good education in canada will help our country when we go back...
Also, please make sure to ask for the fees in the university, mostly the fees in the website is for canadians and it is normally double for international students...
I had a friend who applied after us and she applied with her husband too and they get the visa too...however, if it is really your intention not to bring your husband right away then apply for him later after you have landed here and settled...the only thing you have to consider is that no matter when your husband will apply his expiry will just be the same as yours...
For the univ, you can pay one yr fees first, then apart from your receipt of payment, you should still be able to show around $12 to 15k for the 2 of you and 10k if you're alone...
goodluck on your application

larxace

Star Member
May 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010 Sent to NS
Doc's Request.
02-03-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hi amitsmeet,

1. we already applied for PR and its been more than a yr now, currently in process, however, you can apply also apply for PR if you have an employer you is willing to give you a letter to support for your PR, there are lots of employers here who are willing to do that as long as they realize how valuable you are to them...in Ontario itself it is a bit difficult to apply for nominee but Saskatchewan has a program and employers are more willing to help, i know a lot of people who are moving there to apply for PR, check in cic website, provincial nominee in Saskatchewan...

2. my husband didn't work part time but he can if he want to, after 6 months of studying...but as his wife I got an open work permit right after we arrived and I got the job in one week so I am working while he is studying plus we have some funds with us...but with my salary alone, we were able to survive the living expenses while he is studying so he didn't need to work...he completed his course last december 2010 and after 2 weeks he found a job in IT which he is currently working...

good luck,
larxace

amitsmeet said:
Ok Larxace,

1 more querry, hw r u planning for PR cause as far as i know, Ontario has an employer driven PR system?

and 2nd ly, did ur husband do a part time job which studying 1 year OGC to cover the living expenses, did he get it easily ?
thanxs.

larxace

Star Member
May 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010 Sent to NS
Doc's Request.
02-03-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hi kavya,

for the student, you need a $10k show money then $4 or 5k for spouse and 2k for additional dependent, child...so I guess $15k for you and your spouse is more than enough, as long as it is apart from the total fees you have paid for your 1 yr course...

good luck,
larxace

kavya said:
Hay thats much great superb news. I double checked with university also I checked fee with international student fees. Normally, PhD fees are much lower then the other ones.

Well, I dont mind my hubby to come with me. I will surely think on the same. I guess I simply can get visa with me and he can join me in two months time or so. So I just need aditional $10k to show. isnt it?

Sound interesting

Thanks

Kavya

Ok so u mean to say i just need around $