+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW and General Applications

Oct 21, 2009
hello, all!

Anyone who have an existing General Immigrant (MPNP) Visa application and also applied for FSW?

I'm seriously considering of doing that. I just wanted to go to Canada ASAP and the MPNP Visa is just taking too long! My application was already 1 year and 4 months but no news yet..Whew!

My job belongs to the 38 NOC and Im eligible to apply for the FSW.

Just wanted to know what are the experiences you guys had. How long will the process time for FSW take? Will this affect my existing General (MPNP) Class application? Which is the shortest processing time that could get me to Canada immediately? What are the chances that my application will be approved? Are there any tips that you could share?

Anyone fr the Philippines who also did the same?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
lol shimmeringblush i answered your query sa p2c forum. anyway, i have an existing application as AINP + FSW. AINP maay take up to 36 months compared to FSW processing time of 6-12 months but so far its been lagging a bit but still faster than a pnp application. Things to consider though is that FSW has initial processing fee of CAS 550 per head/dependent or around P23,000.

first is to check if you have the points tehn follow the rest of the procedure in the FSW

here's where u can start ur search.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp

hth

Oct 21, 2009
Hi Albularyo!

Salamat sa reply. So, you have two applications? Ongoing yun pareho? wala bang effect yun sa first application mo? Did you write in your FSW application na may isa k pang application?

OO nga, sa FSW,may bayad agad.

Would you know if the minimum processing time for MPNP is 2 years? YUng MPNP application ko kasi is 1 yr 4 mos na so If I apply my FSW this Nov, halos sabay lang sila ng MPNP ko.Tama ba? Im not sure if dapat ko pa bang ituloy ung FSW. Hay, please advise.

About, IELTS, should I take it before or after I submitted my application? Have you taken yours? How was it? Mahirap ba? Im planning to take that exam. Where ba pwde kumuha?

Salamat uli!

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
So, you have two applications? Yes ongoing bothOngoing yun pareho? wala bang effect yun sa first application mo? AINP forms asks for a file number but i didnt put the file number yet as FSW hasnt given me a file numberDid you write in your FSW application na may isa k pang application? Nope

OO nga, sa FSW,may bayad agad.

Would you know if the minimum processing time for MPNP is 2 years? Im not familiar with MPNP but AINP for family stream is 38 monthsYUng MPNP application ko kasi is 1 yr 4 mos na so If I apply my FSW this Nov, halos sabay lang sila ng MPNP ko.Tama ba? Im not sure if dapat ko pa bang ituloy ung FSW. Hay, please advise.

My situation is quite different since my AINP application is only for 8 months now so it would take me 30 months pa thats why i opted for FSW. If i ever get the FSW application file number i will inform AINP that i am recently applied for FSW with the file number. I would be longer for the AINP to take effect. Choice ko din na take up FSW to increase my chances and not merely its faster

About, IELTS, should I take it before or after I submitted my application? Have you taken yours? How was it? Mahirap ba? Im planning to take that exam. Where ba pwde kumuha?

My FSW application is just a few days old, it doesnt require me to take the ielts on the initial application. I will be taking the exam on saturday though. Its not that difficult, just be attentive and watch out for the tricky part. there are some materials from the P2C forum that is very good and you might wana ask for a copy doon. I think it requires atleast 2 weeks before you can schedule for an IELTS and another week for the result. You can try this website for the general info and process on the IELTS exam.

http://www.philippines.idp.com/ielts_information.aspx

goodluck!

Oct 21, 2009
Thanks for the fast reply!

Matagal nga ang PNP, mas mabilis ang FSW. Time is of the essence pa naman. :)

You're taking na pla dis Sat ng IELTS. Goodluck! Inform mo naman ako how it'd goes. Baka naman may materials ka na dyan na pwe mo ishare? :)

Yeah, I plan to fill out my FSW form this weekend and send it early next week. Sayang ang time. LOL. Did you pay thru credit card or bank draft?

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
Thanks! I suggest magpaschedule ka na sa IDP para maschedule ung interview/speaking part ng exam on the same day otherwise you have to go back on a later date pa.

i paid thru credit card so i can see when they will charge me and its a good indication when they start processing my application.

pm mo email mo. mahirap na hehe.

Oct 21, 2009
Do I have to get all my certificate of employements from all previous employer? WHat happens when my previous boss already resigned, can I just get it fr the HR?