NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
Dear Bro&Sis,

I received one email from SGVO saying that my employment references are not genuine and I have 30 days to submit additional documents.

For my application, I only submitted the reference letters with Name Cards. Is it the root cause? Now, I'm trying to get the HR certification from my previous and current companies.

Can anyone share what I should do? Million Thanks!

Email from SGVO:

Specifically, I have concerns that the employment references from ... which you have provided in support of your application are not genuine. I have noted that you have not supplied any additional information to substantiate this employment.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this communication to submit additional information in this regard. LPlease respond using the email address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
blacky said:
PLs help.
Are principal applicant not suppose to earn 5 points under arranged emplyment?
10 points if you have an approved LMIA, a permanent job offer in Canada, and your NOC is A/B/0.

kimchilover

Aug 21, 2014
South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 12, 2014
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGED Feb. 4, 2015
Nomination.....
PER RECEIVED Mar. 1, 2015
IELTS Request
Included in Application
File Transfer...
ECAS 2ND LINE Jul. 9, 2015
Med's Request
Jul. 20, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug. 7, 2015 / Aug. 10, 2015 MVO RECEIVED DATE
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Sep. 10, 2015 / Sep. 17, 2015 MVO RECEIVED DATE
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 26, 2015 DM / Oct. 12, 2015 VOH
LANDED..........
Summer 2016
sglife888 said:
Dear Bro&Sis,

I received one email from SGVO saying that my employment references are not genuine and I have 30 days to submit additional documents.

For my application, I only submitted the reference letters with Name Cards. Is it the root cause? Now, I'm trying to get the HR certification from my previous and current companies.

Can anyone share what I should do? Million Thanks!

Email from SGVO:

Specifically, I have concerns that the employment references from ... which you have provided in support of your application are not genuine. I have noted that you have not supplied any additional information to substantiate this employment.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this communication to submit additional information in this regard. LPlease respond using the email address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence.

did you submit copy of payslips, income tax rteturn, salary adjustment notice, work contracts?

sglife888

Sep 20, 2014
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
kimchilover said:
did you submit copy of payslips, income tax rteturn, salary adjustment notice, work contracts?
Dear kimchilover,

I only submitted the reference letters with Name cards, which could be the root cause.

Now, I'm trying to get the certification from HR. Besides, you are suggesting me to submit the copy of payslips, income tas return, salary adjustment notice and work contracts? Thanks a lot!

trusting.grace

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Bombay forever, Mumbai never
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app - Band 8.5
guys I need advice,

just got my app returned.. NOC 2281 -- 5th Sept
I tried to attach a copy of the Cic letter . but am unable to...
it basically says that I haven't provided sufficient evidence of one years work experience...

I had 1 yr 4 mths expereince in a back office, 2 yes 11 mths experience in banking, 2 yrs 8 months experience in IT previously
and am currently freelancing
I showed with copies of letters from my organizations for the previous jobs, but since the orgzn didn't provide me with a list of duties done, I took a letter from the ex- MD of the company and sent that along...
along with copies of payslips, appointment letters, relieving letters, etc

I can't figure out what else they wanted...what else can I send?

Should I resend my application or will it be too late now??

Or should I try sending under another NOC?

jcanwecan

Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
05-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
requested
VISA ISSUED...
issued..
LANDED..........
soon
do you mind sharing the details you submitted for noc 2281? lets see if CIC made a mistake

trusting.grace said:
guys I need advice,

just got my app returned.. NOC 2281 -- 5th Sept
I tried to attach a copy of the Cic letter . but am unable to...
it basically says that I haven't provided sufficient evidence of one years work experience...

I had 1 yr 4 mths expereince in a back office, 2 yes 11 mths experience in banking, 2 yrs 8 months experience in IT previously
and am currently freelancing
I showed with copies of letters from my organizations for the previous jobs, but since the orgzn didn't provide me with a list of duties done, I took a letter from the ex- MD of the company and sent that along...
along with copies of payslips, appointment letters, relieving letters, etc

I can't figure out what else they wanted...what else can I send?

Should I resend my application or will it be too late now??

Or should I try sending under another NOC?

vyaasa

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Dec
Doc's Request.
25 May
Nomination.....
4 March
AOR Received.
15 April
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15 April
Med's Request
25 May
Med's Done....
1 June
Interview........
TLU 10 June
specialmary said:
There is no need to notarize the letter when you first submit the document to CIC, for the category of FSW -- if the visa officer is satisfied with the content of your photocopy of the letter, they will likely ask you to send the original copy. If they are not satisfied they will just reject your application. Sending the original at the first stage, when they only asked for your photocopies, is unlikely to convince them that you have a better application (I know because I sent originals before).

I encourage you to send employment contract, appraisals, pay slips etc. If your work letter basically paraphrase the content of your NOC job, it is even better. Make sure that you have to make the letter and the NOC descriptions look different yet paraphrase it.
Hi Special Mary,

My NOC (2113) is described on the HRDSC side very broadly. There are 13 duties listed - each of them being a distinct job profile in itself. The NOC duties range from academic to industrial to environmental Geoscientists!

I'm not clear what 'substantially match' means really. I have seen some people say it should be an 80% match.

80% of your duties should match NOC or 80% of NOC should match your duties?

In the document required PDF on CIC website, they ask for your 'main duties'. How many 'main duties' would suffice really?

My letter states the below. Could you please have a look at advice if it would be acceptable under 2113

assigned to work on well sites world-wide as an Exploration Geologist, which consists in executing drilling programs aimed at creating substructure profiles to detect and determine oil and natural gas deposits. Below is a summarisation of his duties.

• Review and correlate subsurface information from local geological studies and offset wells to identify
formation tops, target zones and total depths.
• Plan and conduct on-site laboratory petrographic analyses and description of rock samples.
• Observe real-time parameters and analyse electrical, porosity and lithology logs for formation evaluation.
• Provide technical oversight, quality control and operational recommendations for drilling optimisation and
hazard control.
• Generate daily and post-well geological reports, coordinate transmittal and dispatch of all data and samples
to the client, and share learning and insights to aide field development campaigns.
• Ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental procedures and protocols.

Benton

Nov 3, 2013
Hi,

For age , hope fully if some one is between 38 and 39 years for eg: 38 years and 6 months, i think they give points considering that as 38 years

Please correct me if i am wrong here

Thanks

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Benton said:
Hi,

For age , hope fully if some one is between 38 and 39 years for eg: 38 years and 6 months, i think they give points considering that as 38 years

Please correct me if i am wrong here

Thanks
38 years please

trusting.grace

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app - Band 8.5
jcanwecan said:
do you mind sharing the details you submitted for noc 2281? lets see if CIC made a mistake
Hi,

I've copied below the list of duties I submitted for NOC 2281
(((((2. Role – Information Technology
• Obtained quotations from multiple vendors, purchased, installed and maintained IT systems.
• Maintenance of encoding systems used for MICR clearing.
• Provided remote and on location support to branch staff by solving technical and practical problems.
• Maintained and handled network of leased lines, setup and establishing connectivity and backup connectivity of bank branches.
• Co-ordinate with other IT staff and system vendors to address the IT requirements of the bank.
• Install and upgrade desktop, OS and antivirus software.
• Maintained and supported Negotiated Dealing System (NDS) applications such as NDS-OM, NDS-CALL, CROMS, CBLO & FX-Clear used by the banks Treasury Department to trade on the Negotiated Dealing System (NDS) of the Clearing Corporation of India Ltd (CCIL).
• Maintained and supported the bank's Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer) network.
• Upgraded RTGS and NEFT systems, software and networks as per RBI directives.
• Managed network to ensure connectivity and minimal downtime.
• Ensured all applications were running before day begin and throughout operations.
• Managed application queues and databases in Oracle.
• Conducted and participated in Business Continuity Planning (BCP) drills.
• Conducted mock testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Installed regular application upgrades and patches, and made configuration changes as and when required.
• Handled and maintained firewalls and gateways for NDS, NEFT and RTGS systems.
• Switched over from leased lines to MPLS connectivity in 2010 for all SFMS systems.
• Liaised with IDRBT and system vendors to ensure proper process flow.
• Managed and maintained smart cards.
• Obtained and renewed Class 1 and Class 2 Digital Certificates issued by IDRBT for bank signatories.
• Tested and setup a Linux based internal emailing network for the bank in 2009.
• Trained branch managers and staff on usage of this email network.
• Facilitated switchover of clearing such as ECS, EFT and cheques from drives to internal emails; making the use of floppy's and data drives redundant and leading to vast time savings for all branches.
• Ensured usage of email network was only for official purposes by setting up controls for supervision.
• Single-handedly maintained the internal email network till resignation.
• Trained replacement staff in the management and maintenance of the banks internal mailing network on resignation.
• Tested and installed various linux based software and operating systems.
• Tested and scripted various linux based network backup and monitoring applications such as Bacula, Zmanda, Amanda, ZenOSS, etc.
• Scheduled regular and continuous backup of all important systems.
• Maintained records of all the system activities and variances and reported the same to management.)))))))

Was there something that should have been different in this?
Should I apply under another NOC??

jcanwecan

Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
05-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
requested
VISA ISSUED...
issued..
LANDED..........
soon
i think it matches 2281, the only possible reason i can fathom for rejection is letter from the ex- MD might as opposed to on a letter head might have been the issue. Seniors, any input?

trusting.grace said:
Hi,

I've copied below the list of duties I submitted for NOC 2281
(((((2. Role – Information Technology
• Obtained quotations from multiple vendors, purchased, installed and maintained IT systems.
• Maintenance of encoding systems used for MICR clearing.
• Provided remote and on location support to branch staff by solving technical and practical problems.
• Maintained and handled network of leased lines, setup and establishing connectivity and backup connectivity of bank branches.
• Co-ordinate with other IT staff and system vendors to address the IT requirements of the bank.
• Install and upgrade desktop, OS and antivirus software.
• Maintained and supported Negotiated Dealing System (NDS) applications such as NDS-OM, NDS-CALL, CROMS, CBLO & FX-Clear used by the banks Treasury Department to trade on the Negotiated Dealing System (NDS) of the Clearing Corporation of India Ltd (CCIL).
• Maintained and supported the bank's Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer) network.
• Upgraded RTGS and NEFT systems, software and networks as per RBI directives.
• Managed network to ensure connectivity and minimal downtime.
• Ensured all applications were running before day begin and throughout operations.
• Managed application queues and databases in Oracle.
• Conducted and participated in Business Continuity Planning (BCP) drills.
• Conducted mock testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Installed regular application upgrades and patches, and made configuration changes as and when required.
• Handled and maintained firewalls and gateways for NDS, NEFT and RTGS systems.
• Switched over from leased lines to MPLS connectivity in 2010 for all SFMS systems.
• Liaised with IDRBT and system vendors to ensure proper process flow.
• Managed and maintained smart cards.
• Obtained and renewed Class 1 and Class 2 Digital Certificates issued by IDRBT for bank signatories.
• Tested and setup a Linux based internal emailing network for the bank in 2009.
• Trained branch managers and staff on usage of this email network.
• Facilitated switchover of clearing such as ECS, EFT and cheques from drives to internal emails; making the use of floppy's and data drives redundant and leading to vast time savings for all branches.
• Ensured usage of email network was only for official purposes by setting up controls for supervision.
• Single-handedly maintained the internal email network till resignation.
• Trained replacement staff in the management and maintenance of the banks internal mailing network on resignation.
• Tested and installed various linux based software and operating systems.
• Tested and scripted various linux based network backup and monitoring applications such as Bacula, Zmanda, Amanda, ZenOSS, etc.
• Scheduled regular and continuous backup of all important systems.
• Maintained records of all the system activities and variances and reported the same to management.)))))))

Was there something that should have been different in this?
Should I apply under another NOC??

ola.salamis

Oct 4, 2014
Good day guys

I am an October applicant, my application was received by Nova Scotia on the 6th of October. I also have a certain lawyer representing me in Canada. i submitted all request documents at the time of application except for detailed letter of reference from my employer. My employer will not issue a letter to the CIO , not even to support immigration purpose. This i gather is an extant policy of the organisation and they also do not want to keep losing staff.
I had to do a letter explaining why my employer will not issue such letter and i also attached the email from my employer stating this. I also attached my letter of appointment,payslips, my promotion letters and a regular letter introducing me to the embassy in Nigeria (Lagos) with my salary and my level. All other documents are in fantastic order and my lawyer keep telling me that my letter of explanation on the non availability of the detailed employers letter will be reviewed at the discretion of Nova Scotia. My question are

1. what are my chances as i have been worried ?
2. How do i know if Nova Scotia waive the reference letter from my employer

vinisha09

Oct 26, 2014
ola.salamis said:
Good day guys

I am an October applicant, my application was received by Nova Scotia on the 6th of October. I also have a certain lawyer representing me in Canada. i submitted all request documents at the time of application except for detailed letter of reference from my employer. My employer will not issue a letter to the CIO , not even to support immigration purpose. This i gather is an extant policy of the organisation and they also do not want to keep losing staff.
I had to do a letter explaining why my employer will not issue such letter and i also attached the email from my employer stating this. I also attached my letter of appointment,payslips, my promotion letters and a regular letter introducing me to the embassy in Nigeria (Lagos) with my salary and my level. All other documents are in fantastic order and my lawyer keep telling me that my letter of explanation on the non availability of the detailed employers letter will be reviewed at the discretion of Nova Scotia. My question are

1. what are my chances as i have been worried ?
2. How do i know if Nova Scotia waive the reference letter from my employer
hi, reference letter with job duties that match your noc is mandatory- if your employer is not giving that , then you can get it from your senior staff of your higher supervisor.

ola.salamis

Oct 4, 2014
@vinisha09 The organisation is a control freak one and my supervisor is actually the custodian of the organisations policy . My only saving grace is that my payslips shows my main job description which matches under the NOC i am applying for. I also attached the email from my employer stating they don't give such letters.
i can only hope and pray

trusting.grace

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app - Band 8.5
jcanwecan said:
i think it matches 2281, the only possible reason i can fathom for rejection is letter from the ex- MD might as opposed to on a letter head might have been the issue. Seniors, any input?
My organization follows a strict policy of not giving any one the list with the list of roles... They only gave me a letter with the job role and title.. Which is why I asked the ex- mD to give me a letter stating my roles and responsibilities... is there anything else I can do... I seem to be running out of time...