Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
ekramali said:
Which ONC should i apply for 2173 or 2174 ...below some my responsibilities and roles...

IT experience of 3.5+ years, including responsibilities like gathering Business Requirements, System Analysis, Development, Client Interaction, Oracle Business Intelligence and Data warehousing, Dimensional Modelling, Project Planning, Designing the OBIEE requirements.Works on the look and feel of the OBIEE dashboards to give smooth experience to end users. Works on the modeling aspects as well as designing the Oracle BI as per the requirements. Hands on experience of upgrading the web catalog and rpd
 Plus three years of experience in OLAP tools like Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 11.1.1.x, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 10.1.3.x.
 Worked extensively on OBIEE Tool involving all the 3 layers namely Physical Layer, BMM Layer and Presentation Layer
 Skilled in building Interactive Dashboards with drill-down & drill-across capabilities using Filters, Business Rules with User Identity & Roles, Profiles & Personalization.
 Good with performance improvement of OBIEE reports.
 Good with Cache Management process to improve the speed of the OBIEE.
 Good with implementing the Oracle BI (groups, data access), Metadata Objects (Subject Area, Table, and Column) and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports)
 Proficient in working on different environments.
 Practical understanding of the Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star-Schema modeling, Snowflakes modeling, fact and dimension tables modeling of data
 Strongly motivated, enjoy team work and capability of mentoring others
 Good writing, analytical, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
 Good with following best practices in modeling the design as well as the reports.
 Good with tuning the OBIEE performance.
 Hands on experience to how to install OBIEE 11.1.1.x.
 Hands on experience with upgrade of web catalog and rpd to the newest version as well as merging of rpd and catalog respectively.

Current ROLEs:

• To analyze the specifications provided by the client, understanding the business, planning.
• To Customize OBIEE Styles, Skins and Messages according to the client requirements
• Involve in RPD Development, Oracle BI Administration, Oracle BI Answers and dashboards.
• To Develop Physical Layer, Business Model & Mapping and Presentation Layer using Oracle BI Administration Tool.
• To improve the performance of the OBIEE reports by tuning.
• To develop different brand level Reports, Filters, and Prompts using Oracle BI Answers.
• Manage Security privileges for each Subject area and Dashboards according to user requirements.
• Maintain effectiveness in creating the dashboards by appropriately including guided navigational links and drilldowns.
• Create Drill down Hierarchies and implemented navigational concepts.
• Involved in Development, CIT, E2E, UAT, RAT, Go-Live, and Post Go Live Support.
• Create Security settings in OBIEE Admin Tool to setup groups, access privileges and query privileges.
• OBIEE server handling and deployment of RPD and Web Catalog.
• To tune the OBIEE reports using Oracle suggested techniques.
• Prepare technical and release documents with respect to every development.
• Engaged with the business understanding and providing Show and Tell to the business clients.
• Maintaining version control of the code changes and its back up restoration.

Technical skills:

Software Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Databases: Oracle 10g, 11G
Languages SQl, PL/SQL,HTML, DHTML, ASP .NET, C,CSS,J2EE
Hardware Windows NT Server, Unix Server
Tools OBIEE 10.1.3.4.2
OBIEE 11.1.1.3
OBIEE 11.1.1.5
OBIEE 11.1.1.6

Please suggest friends
Hi,

We have filed under 2174 itself but my wife is in IT so can't help you with the roles above but you can match them here...

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2174&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2173&CST=01012011&CLV=3&MLV=4

in any case, 2174 would already be nearing caping of 1000 by end of this month and 2173 should last only till end of Sep or 1st week of October!! So 2173 is safer.

Though these estimates are only based on the spreadsheet which is estimated only to be 30% of the total applications filed worldwide, which is again an estimate!! So no one knows for sure by when the cap will get filed. You never know, even 2174 might drag another month!!

Best is to send your application and send it ASAP!! No harm in trying, if you really believe, it will happen!! Good luck!!

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
buscato said:
Good day to all!

Can someone please help me to decide which NOC code should i use? My experience is all about software testing/quality assurance analyst for over 10 years now. I saw a title information systems quality assurance analyst under NOC 2171 and I thought this should fit well on my field of expertise.

Is NOC 2171 the correct code for me?

Also I found another NOC code - 2283 (Software Testing), which is more suitable for my skills but it's not included in the 50 Eligible Occupations for FSW hence I'm contemplating on using NOC 2171. Please help me on this.

Thank you.
compare here..

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2171&CST=01012011&CLV=5&MLV=5

roughly about 70% main duties should be a match, job title doesn't matter much...

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Hi-

I am planning to apply for FSW, feel code 2171 is most relevant from the list of 50 occupations.
I have confusion.. If i have played 2 different roles under 2171 code; should I mention both roles in HR letter.? Do we have to seletc only one role while filing application under 2171???

And please let me know if below job duties look good for QA Analyst and IS Auditor roles... Thanks again.

Ex:I have worked 3 years as quality analyst kind of role where duties
- Desiging test plan, test stragery documents
- Perofmring various kind of testing like - System, UAT, Regression etc..
- maintainig RTM
- Defect trakcing using various tools HP QC,
- Verifying quality of end product, etc...

&
4 yrs of ex. as System Auditor role
- Designing Audit plan, defining scope of internal audit
- Helping clients to implement regulatory controls like SOX, HIPPA, GXP, Safe Harbor etc..
- Conducting Audit and documenting results as Audit findings
- Testing variius CIA controls, security controls,
- Reviewng and approving SDLC dociuments independtly..
- Deviation and CAPA Management
Supporting Corporate Audit etc..

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Team-

Do you think I stand a chance if I send my application to CIC by end of Sep or 1st week of Oct 2014 ..
For FSWP 2171 ..

Please guide me.. my university took 2 week to release transcripts and attested documents; and I have sent my all docs to WES by today only..
I expect them to revert back before 30-Sep if eveything goes well..

So I am bit worried as quota may be fill by then..for NOC 2171..

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
rajulita02 said:
Team-

Do you think I stand a chance if I send my application to CIC by end of Sep or 1st week of Oct 2014 ..
For FSWP 2171 ..

Please guide me.. my university took 2 week to release transcripts and attested documents; and I have sent my all docs to WES by today only..
I expect them to revert back before 30-Sep if eveything goes well..

So I am bit worried as quota may be fill by then..for NOC 2171..
Yes you do.

namreddy

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Med's Request
31-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-04-2015
My application reached yesterday 28th August for noc code 2171 do I have any chance to be in cap..

One more query along with me 4 people have sent for two them it is delivered at noca scotio n for other two at sydney why is this discrepancy in showing the address

Mine it is showing nova scotio signed by some dan...

Please help

Add my number to watsapp grp +919666992376

Regrads.

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
namreddy said:
My application reached yesterday 28th August for noc code 2171 do I have any chance to be in cap..

One more query along with me 4 people have sent for two them it is delivered at noca scotio n for other two at sydney why is this discrepancy in showing the address

Mine it is showing nova scotio signed by some dan...

Please help

Add my number to watsapp grp +919666992376

Regrads.
You will be fine.

namreddy

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Med's Request
31-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-04-2015
zstream said:
You will be fine.
Mine will be in CAP right..sorry for asking again but out of tension and do you know anything about watsapp group for IT people

Many thanks for your response

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Hi All-

Please help to clear my confusion.. I am sure I fit in NOC 2171..but have below question.
1) I have worked 4 yrs as Business Analyst (BA) and 3 years as Information System Auditor role..

Now both of these roles falls under 2171; so if while applying I fill, 4 yrs as BA role and 3 yrs as IS Auditor role; will that be a problem?
this is question #12 in form: "imm0008_3".. I just want to make sure that my total yrs of experience is counted as 7 yrs in NOC 2171 to get me right points for experience..
like if more than 6 yrs of experience , I will get 15 points; and for 4-5 yrs if only BA role is counted then I will get 13 points..

My question is : Should I mentioned both role in the form imm0008 form or only one role.. My employer is ready to give me certificate as per my needed..i mean with flexibility with role; not anything else..;)

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
rajulita02 said:
Hi All-

Please help to clear my confusion.. I am sure I fit in NOC 2171..but have below question.
1) I have worked 4 yrs as Business Analyst (BA) and 3 years as Information System Auditor role..

Now both of these roles falls under 2171; so if while applying I fill, 4 yrs as BA role and 3 yrs as IS Auditor role; will that be a problem?
this is question #12 in form: "imm0008_3".. I just want to make sure that my total yrs of experience is counted as 7 yrs in NOC 2171 to get me right points for experience..
like if more than 6 yrs of experience , I will get 15 points; and for 4-5 yrs if only BA role is counted then I will get 13 points..

My question is : Should I mentioned both role in the form imm0008 form or only one role.. My employer is ready to give me certificate as per my needed..i mean with flexibility with role; not anything else..;)
Are the two roles in the same organization? If they are in different organization than you need to get two reference letter and mention them in two group in the form. If they are all in one organization than the reference letter needs to be bit descriptive and need to mention both roles in details. In that case you just mention your current designation/title in the form.

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
zstream said:
Are the two roles in the same organization? If they are in different organization than you need to get two reference letter and mention them in two group in the form. If they are all in one organization than the reference letter needs to be bit descriptive and need to mention both roles in details. In that case you just mention your current designation/title in the form.
Both roles are in same organization..yes, I am ready with draft description and even the projects names worked on..
My question is -if I mention both roles while filing my application, will my points be counted as 4 yrs BA role or total 7 yrs as both roles..
I just verified that both roles fall under NOC 2171.

Also many thanks for quick reply to my previous question..really appreciate it..
:)

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
rajulita02 said:
Both roles are in same organization..yes, I am ready with draft description and even the projects names worked on..
My question is -if I mention both roles while filing my application, will my points be counted as 4 yrs BA role or total 7 yrs as both roles..
I just verified that both roles fall under NOC 2171.

Also many thanks for quick reply to my previous question..really appreciate it..
:)
It should be 7 years with current title. But make sure you break down the roles in the reference letter in detail. And the duties and roles should match with NOC description . For more detail check the link http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2171

Also, it will be good idea to verify the draft with other experienced members of the forum.

Also check the following links.

http://www.fsw2014.info/sample-reference-letter/
http://www.fsw2014.info/preparing-job-roles/

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. full name of employee is a full time employee of “Company Name” since DD-MM-YYY. His current designation is “ABC Grade”. Currently, he is deputed at client office in the United States to render computer consultancy services.

During this employment Mr. XYZ starting annual Gross Salary was INR XX/- including all benefits and current annual Gross Salary is INR YY/-. During deputation at USA, his salary package is USD ZZ/- per annum. He has been working for 40 hours per week.

I am Mr. XYZ’s immediate supervisor . He has been an invaluable asset for all my client partners. The following table shows the chronological roles and responsibilities of Mr. XYZ at TATA Consultancy Services Ltd.

A table showing duration of each role, client name, Location etc..There are two roles – one “Business abalyst” from 2007 to 2011; and one “System Auditor” from 2011 to till date

1)

Responsibilities/Duties as “Business Analyst ”

- Worked as a liaison between key business users from Stock Loan department and technical team in order to understand the requirements, policies, processes and operations of an organization.
- Analyzed the feasibility of, and developed requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems
- Gather Business Requirements from clients using various methodologies / tools such as JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions, Workshops, Person interviews etc..
- Analyzed requirements and performed Requirement – Gap analysis, Analyzed and Mapped as-is/to-be business processes.
- Authored detailed Business requirement document, Functional requirement specification and Use case scenarios
- Designed process workflow charts and diagrams, data flow charts etc.. using tools as UML, MS Visio
- Analyzed impact on existing upstream and downstream systems and suggest relevant test scenarios to build & to test interface between various modules
- Contribute to development of best practices for the identification, collection, consolidation, validation, tracking and reporting of data.
- Assisted developers to build system design document , to build MS SQL queries, and to resolve functional issues as needed.
- Verified Master Test Plan and Test strategy documents with Quality Assurance /Testing team
- Assisted testing team members for creating test scenarios and maintaining traceability matrix (RTM) using Quality Center – Tool
- Generated Defect Priority vs Severity matrix and follow up with Development team to resolve the same
- Built a strong relationship with the users to be their trusted partner and be proactive in identifying and recommending solutions to project team.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) – identifying the user’s group, configuring parameters, daily touch base, resolving open issues, obtaining sign-off etc.
- Coordinated with external parties for end to end testing – Ex: LOANET, Equilend, DTC(Depository Trust Company)
- Responsible for deciding Go- No Go call with key stakeholders for production deployment
- Developed training curriculum and conducted formal training sessions covering assigned systems modules
- Responsible for providing status report for various projects to all stakeholders Project Manager, Line IT Manager, Business Sponsor.
- Having excellent verbal and written communication skills

During his tenure, he has successfully demonstrated all of his skills on some very critical and high visibility projects, like the Project names at high level

2)

Responsibilities/Duties as “Information System(IS) Auditor ”

- Preparing IS Audit Charter, IS Audit plan and defining IS audit activities and scope of Internal Audit
- Preparing Audit checklist and training clients on Corporate Audit readiness activities.
- Performing Internal Audit of various SDLC projects independently and documenting Audit findings/results.
- Effectively communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing, so that they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient
- Deviation and CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Actions) management using CMRS Trackwise system
- Reviewing and approving SDLC documents for various software.
- Providing consultancy for drafting , reviewing and approving organization’s SOPs, WIs
- Implemented ITGC (IT General Controls); SOD (Segregation of Duties) Controls; Audit Trail Controls by following guidelines as per ISACA,COBIT Standards and ITIL v3
- Performing risk analysis of project using Pfizer proprietary tools ; and filtering list of compliance controls (CRS) applicable for the project based on risk assessment.
- Assisting clients to implement and evaluate various regulatory compliance controls such as SOX (Sarbanes Oxley), 21 CFR Part 11 (Electronic records and signatures), HIPPA and Safe Harbor Law .
- Independently verifying and testing Data backup and restore procedures and documenting results for the same; Helping clients to identify Disaster Recovery RTO Tier and implements controls accordingly.

He is one of the few associates who completed ISACA – CISA (Certified Information System Auditor) Certification and holds professional license to conduct IS Audit.

During his tenure with Pfizer client, he has successfully demonstrated all of his skills on some very critical and high visibility projects, like project names at high level
To summarize, his attention to detail coupled with his go above and beyond work ethic, helped TCS team to successfully complete the projects in a timely manner while avoiding possible disastrous situations. Soham has been consistent and someone I can rely on throughout his tenure here at TCS.

It is for these reasons that I offer high recommendations for Mr. Shah without reservation. His drive and
abilities will truly be an asset to any establishment. If you have any questions regarding this letter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mr. Supervisor Name
Designation,
Phone number, company official email id ..

rajulita02

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
PLEASE HELP IF BELOW JD looks ok.. Thanks again all.. This forum has been great help to me...
GOD bless you all..

rajulita02 said:
TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. full name of employee is a full time employee of “Company Name” since DD-MM-YYY. His current designation is “ABC Grade”. Currently, he is deputed at client office in the United States to render computer consultancy services.

During this employment Mr. XYZ starting annual Gross Salary was INR XX/- including all benefits and current annual Gross Salary is INR YY/-. During deputation at USA, his salary package is USD ZZ/- per annum. He has been working for 40 hours per week.

I am Mr. XYZ's immediate supervisor . He has been an invaluable asset for all my client partners. The following table shows the chronological roles and responsibilities of Mr. XYZ at TATA Consultancy Services Ltd.

A table showing duration of each role, client name, Location etc..There are two roles – one “Business abalyst” from 2007 to 2011; and one “System Auditor” from 2011 to till date

1)

Responsibilities/Duties as “Business Analyst ”

- Worked as a liaison between key business users from Stock Loan department and technical team in order to understand the requirements, policies, processes and operations of an organization.
- Analyzed the feasibility of, and developed requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems
- Gather Business Requirements from clients using various methodologies / tools such as JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions, Workshops, Person interviews etc..
- Analyzed requirements and performed Requirement – Gap analysis, Analyzed and Mapped as-is/to-be business processes.
- Authored detailed Business requirement document, Functional requirement specification and Use case scenarios
- Designed process workflow charts and diagrams, data flow charts etc.. using tools as UML, MS Visio
- Analyzed impact on existing upstream and downstream systems and suggest relevant test scenarios to build & to test interface between various modules
- Contribute to development of best practices for the identification, collection, consolidation, validation, tracking and reporting of data.
- Assisted developers to build system design document , to build MS SQL queries, and to resolve functional issues as needed.
- Verified Master Test Plan and Test strategy documents with Quality Assurance /Testing team
- Assisted testing team members for creating test scenarios and maintaining traceability matrix (RTM) using Quality Center – Tool
- Generated Defect Priority vs Severity matrix and follow up with Development team to resolve the same
- Built a strong relationship with the users to be their trusted partner and be proactive in identifying and recommending solutions to project team.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) – identifying the user's group, configuring parameters, daily touch base, resolving open issues, obtaining sign-off etc.
- Coordinated with external parties for end to end testing – Ex: LOANET, Equilend, DTC(Depository Trust Company)
- Responsible for deciding Go- No Go call with key stakeholders for production deployment
- Developed training curriculum and conducted formal training sessions covering assigned systems modules
- Responsible for providing status report for various projects to all stakeholders Project Manager, Line IT Manager, Business Sponsor.
- Having excellent verbal and written communication skills

During his tenure, he has successfully demonstrated all of his skills on some very critical and high visibility projects, like the Project names at high level

2)

Responsibilities/Duties as “Information System(IS) Auditor ”

- Preparing IS Audit Charter, IS Audit plan and defining IS audit activities and scope of Internal Audit
- Preparing Audit checklist and training clients on Corporate Audit readiness activities.
- Performing Internal Audit of various SDLC projects independently and documenting Audit findings/results.
- Effectively communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing, so that they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient
- Deviation and CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Actions) management using CMRS Trackwise system
- Reviewing and approving SDLC documents for various software.
- Providing consultancy for drafting , reviewing and approving organization's SOPs, WIs
- Implemented ITGC (IT General Controls); SOD (Segregation of Duties) Controls; Audit Trail Controls by following guidelines as per ISACA,COBIT Standards and ITIL v3
- Performing risk analysis of project using Pfizer proprietary tools ; and filtering list of compliance controls (CRS) applicable for the project based on risk assessment.
- Assisting clients to implement and evaluate various regulatory compliance controls such as SOX (Sarbanes Oxley), 21 CFR Part 11 (Electronic records and signatures), HIPPA and Safe Harbor Law .
- Independently verifying and testing Data backup and restore procedures and documenting results for the same; Helping clients to identify Disaster Recovery RTO Tier and implements controls accordingly.

He is one of the few associates who completed ISACA – CISA (Certified Information System Auditor) Certification and holds professional license to conduct IS Audit.

During his tenure with Pfizer client, he has successfully demonstrated all of his skills on some very critical and high visibility projects, like project names at high level
To summarize, his attention to detail coupled with his go above and beyond work ethic, helped TCS team to successfully complete the projects in a timely manner while avoiding possible disastrous situations. Soham has been consistent and someone I can rely on throughout his tenure here at TCS.

It is for these reasons that I offer high recommendations for Mr. Shah without reservation. His drive and
abilities will truly be an asset to any establishment. If you have any questions regarding this letter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mr. Supervisor Name
Designation,
Phone number, company official email id ..

PLEASE HELP IF BELOW JD looks ok.. Thanks again all.. This forum has been great help to me...
GOD bless you all..