+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - MASTER THREAD - 2171/ 2172/ 2173/ 2174 SERIES

rubyracer

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
naticom said:
2173/74 might suit you well but you must hurry for 2173. Apparently 2174 is full until mid-June and 2173 might be full at the end of August. But you should still give a trial.
Ohhh ??? 2174 suits better to my roles currently.

Also I have a degree in Biotechnology but have worked in Software Engineering all my career. Does it have an impact on my application

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
rubyracer said:
Ohhh ??? 2174 suits better to my roles currently.

Also I have a degree in Biotechnology but have worked in Software Engineering all my career. Does it have an impact on my application
Hi, it's best you forget about 2174 because you are too late in the game to get it in. Even 2173 is too risky for you now so get an employer reference letter for 2172 to avoid missing out on FSW 2014.
The difference between your degree and work experience does not matter as long as you provide a reference letter to support your work experience and get an ECA for your degree. Cheers :)

Jun 16, 2014
Hi All

I did my biomedical engineering B.E (4 year course) worked for 1 year an analyst in a biomedical firm gathering requirements and documentation after that di my MBA in finance and working for last 4 years as a business analyst in insurance vertical.. gathering requirements and have done certification for LOMA (Insurance certification in USA and canada)

However , I dont have any degree in computer programming. or do I have a formal programming experience

Will 2171 be a correct choice for me . ?

Please help

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Hello All,

I am planning to apply under NOC 2171.
Little doubt on my JD.
I am a SAP Functional consultant worked on a different projects. Main duties i.e. consulting remains the same with few duty changes with each project. Now my que is sud I prepare different JD for different projects .
Also I have worked with several employers so sud I create one JD highlighting all the major duties or to create diff JD project wise/company wise ?

PL answer .

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
Kaneda_calling said:
Hi All

I did my biomedical engineering B.E (4 year course) worked for 1 year an analyst in a biomedical firm gathering requirements and documentation after that di my MBA in finance and working for last 4 years as a business analyst in insurance vertical.. gathering requirements and have done certification for LOMA (Insurance certification in USA and canada)

However , I dont have any degree in computer programming. or do I have a formal programming experience

Please help
It depends on you job duties and responsibilities.

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
DSD said:
Hello All,

I am planning to apply under NOC 2171.
Little doubt on my JD.
I am a SAP Functional consultant worked on a different projects. Main duties i.e. consulting remains the same with few duty changes with each project. Now my que is sud I prepare different JD for different projects .
Also I have worked with several employers so sud I create one JD highlighting all the major duties or to create diff JD project wise/company wise ?

PL answer .
"one JD highlighting all the major duties" should work fine.

Galusca1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Hello,

I would like to check with you guys if I could apply under NOC 2171. I have been working as IT consultant (this job title is written on my job contract) for almost 6 years however I worked in 2 projects, one as Business Software Tester+coordinator and second as Service Desk Agent.
Practically my company place me in job positions where they needed me, not necessary as tester.

I am afraid to apply under NOC 2173, I have heard that the cap 1000 has been already reached, not from an official source thou.

So,what do you suggest?

Thanks.
Anca

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
zstream said:
"one JD highlighting all the major duties" should work fine.
Thanks a ton dear ZSTREAM for quick response.
Pl check PM I have mailed my duties.
Pl have a look and confirm.

DSD

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Dear PPL ,

PL confirm reference letter sud be from immediate boss or it is ok if I get it from some Sr collegue from my team.
As I hav worked with all the MNCs , it is not possible to get it done form HR.
ALso reference letter from colleague wwont be on company's letter head, will that be ok ?

will all above things make my case weak ?? Sad(((

PL suggest ASAP.
I m in the final stage of filling my application and response will be highly great.

Shaik Imran

Sep 5, 2014
Hi I am applying under 2171

For my current job, I got HR letter with dates of employment

Mail acknoledgment from Superior [Manager] for Job Duties

With this I submitted Employment offer, revised letters

will this be suffice?

rubyracer

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, it's best you forget about 2174 because you are too late in the game to get it in. Even 2173 is too risky for you now so get an employer reference letter for 2172 to avoid missing out on FSW 2014.
The difference between your degree and work experience does not matter as long as you provide a reference letter to support your work experience and get an ECA for your degree. Cheers :)
:'( :'( :'(

i435

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Kaneda_calling,

I am not sure if your question is generic in nature or based on the Australian skilled immigration requirements. Under Aus immi, the occupation needs to be related or closely related to your education. This is not the case withe FSW canada program. Your nomination is purely dependent on what work you did and whether or not the roles and responsibilities performed at work match with any of the 50 NOC being considered for FSW 2014 program.

Ofcourse, education is also another qualifying requirement and provides your with eligibility points but experience and education are two unrelated qualifiying criteria.

Kaneda_calling said:
Hi All

Please help

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Shaik Imran said:
Hi I am applying under 2171

For my current job, I got HR letter with dates of employment

Mail acknoledgment from Superior [Manager] for Job Duties

With this I submitted Employment offer, revised letters

will this be suffice?
Hi, if the mail from your superior is in complete CIC format (full details and information as requested) and includes the person's call/business card, it will work based on the experience of similar FSW 2014 applicants. All the best.

ank1234

Aug 26, 2014
naticom said:
2173/74 might suit you well but you must hurry for 2173. Apparently 2174 is full until mid-June and 2173 might be full at the end of August. But you should still give a trial.
I submitted my application in 2173 on August 10. Do you mean 2173 is already full by end of August or you are predicting that it'll be full for people who apply after August end. Please clarify. Also, when is the earliest you think I'll get charged on CC and get my PER/AOR email - an estimate pls? My work permit is expiring in Oct.

Shaik Imran

Sep 5, 2014
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, if the mail from your superior is in complete CIC format (full details and information as requested) and includes the person's call/business card, it will work based on the experience of similar FSW 2014 applicants. All the best.
The details needed are as per CIC requirements

But I took this mail from HR and Superior for the application to executive MBA program and this is evident in mail