+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - MASTER THREAD - 2171/ 2172/ 2173/ 2174 SERIES

Kashikar

May 6, 2014
can2174 said:
Hi Experts,
I need help in deciding the best suited NOC if its 2173 or 2174. I have toal 12 years of experience in software testing which includes Manual testing as well as Automation scripting. I have 6years of Manual testing experience and 6 years of Automation experience. From last 4 years im working as a Test Manager leading the automation and manual team.

sumi1982

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Hello Friends,

Could you please help me in determining if my job responsibilites falls under 2173? I am performance tester.

My job responsibilites mainly has:
Summary of roles performed:
XXX company – understanding Business Requirements, participated in test plan creation, developed test scripts and test scenarios, executed test scenarios, executed and monitored tests, provided inputs for the analysis for performance concerns. Worked on protoscol Oracle 2 Tier and web (http/html).

XXX company – understanding Business Requirements, participated in test plan creation, developed test scripts and test scenarios, executed test scenarios, executed and monitored tests. Worked on protocols Web(http/html) and webservices -

XXX company – penetration testing, application testing, web application security assessment, onsite internet security assessment and social engineering

Responsible for gathering business requirements from the clients.
Created test plans based on business requirements.
Prepared the test scripts for database testing using Oracle 2 tier protocol.
Executed and monitored different test scenarios and presented the results to the client.
Monitored server behavior using CA Wily Introscope.
Done first level of analysis and provided recommendations based on the analysis.
Closely worked with developers and System Engineers to nail down the technical problems.

While job description in 2173 is

Software engineers and designers perform some or all of the following duties:

- Collect and document users' requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.

Could you pleasssseee share your thoughts on this?

Regards,
Sumi

sagarsa

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-11-2014
IELTS Request
Second line update : 17th Jan 2015
File Transfer...
Started Processing : 14th Jan 2015
Med's Request
20th Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Feb Starting...
Passport Req..
13th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th March 2015
Hi Seniors,

Can someone please help with above queries related to testing - I am also in similar situation...not sure under which NOC testing falls into....

rababkazim

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
hello seniors.

iam applying in 2173 waiting for WES resport .am i late .i think i will be able to apply till 10 june.

Nrshah

May 18, 2014
Sharvari Joshi said:
Hello All Experts of forum,

Under NOC Code 2171 I can see on website Canada Govt has said below in employment requirement:

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.

Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

Does that mean B.com is also accepted ? I am SAP FICO Consultant with 6 years of experience. I wish to apply under NOC Code 2171.

Please guide, your help will be appreciable on this.

Regards,
Sharvari Joshi.
Hello Sharvari,
I am also working as SAP FICO consultant. Have you applied for Canada Immigration or still pending.
I am also planning to apply this time.

Thanks
Naman Shah

justanew_id

Jun 3, 2014
gpb said:
Hi all seniors,

Can somebody please clarify the main differences between 2171, 2173 and 2174. There seems to be a lot of overalap across these three areas. 2172 is very clear as only database administration related roles can apply.

Would be very helpful if seniors can tell what code one should apply under for the following roles below

1) Programmers with a focus on Operating Systems programming using C/ C++
2) Programmers using Java and other such languages to develop applications
3) Programmers working with IT companies such as Infosys, TCS, Wipro in India
4) SAP ABAP programmers without any focus on any specific modules in SAP
5) SAP ABAP programmers with specific focus on one module. Example: SD, FI, CO etc
6) SAP Functional consultants with a focus on one or two modules
7) SAP Techno-functional consultants who do both technical and functional in SAP
8) Mainframe application developers
9) Testing

Pls also mention if i missed any roles above.
Hi all,
I reviewed the whole thread and couldnt find any reply for gpb question:

6) SAP Functional consultants with a focus on one or two modules

Would you please let me know if NOC 2171 fits to "SAP Functional consultants with a focus on one or two modules" or not. Well I am a SAP MM/SD system analyst with 3.5 yrs experience and am not sure under which NOC code I should apply.

Thanks

venki4560

Jun 4, 2014
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do I need to write all the responsibilities, or is it ok if I write main 6 to 7 responsibilities?

Anar013

May 27, 2014
Guys, need your help !!!

My job title is "Intelligent Network Platform Team Leader" in Telecommunication. Shortly, my main responsibility is to be in charge of Prepaid Platform System that is running in our company. But my main concern is that my Job title doesn't match with the ones that listed in NOC 2173 :-[

My main duties are :

-Operation, Maintenance, Configuration and Troubleshooting for IN platform
-To be able to provide and implement in-house development process when required
-Produces written technical and functional documentations
-Documenting infrastructure systems including hardware and software systems
-Analyses and automatizes Business processes to increase efficiency of the company
-Testing and installation of the new patch sets and releases
-Participate in the development of the projects within the department
-Coordination projects related with IN Group and effectively utilize the resources in the team
-Identify Group targets in line with department targets
-Manages and motivates Group Team
-Continuously reviews efficiency of the Group and consequently suggests and/or implements improvement
-Improve all existing internal systems when necessary

So , am i eligible for NOC 2173 ? If yes which Occupation should I indicate in the Document Economic Classes , question number 12 "Your Work Experience", "Intellectual Network Platform Team Leader" or "Software Engineer" ?

Your feedback is vitally needed for me...Thanks beforehand

Robbssiee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
India
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Hi Guys,

I am applying under 2172 Category , and yes i got a bot late in finishing things up , My bad .. but is there a possibility for this NOC as of now , Considering its 2nd week of June .

Since all you guys are experienced, does anyone know about the trend for this NOC ?? ??? ??? ???

justanew_id

Jun 3, 2014
Robbssiee said:
Hi Guys,

I am applying under 2172 Category , and yes i got a bot late in finishing things up , My bad .. but is there a possibility for this NOC as of now , Considering its 2nd week of June .

Since all you guys are experienced, does anyone know about the trend for this NOC ?? ??? ??? ???
Sure you have
Just hurry up
www .cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

Robbssiee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
India
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Thanks Justanew_id ..

The application will be sent today so hopefully , embassy will recieve it in a couple of days .

I read in the thread somewhere that the Admin has added people on a whatsapp group , if its possible for you admin , can you add me as well

+918376844733 - is the number

amanamagus

May 16, 2014
Hi guys, will this experience work for NOC 2173?

1. XYZ CRM Support and Data migration team for the client “XYZ” during April-May 2011. Below is the summary of his primary responsibilities as a team member:
1) Part of the team which developed the customized implementation of XYZ CRM for XYZ based on the understanding of Requirements Analysis.
2) Handling CRs to fix various bugs found by the teams using this tool.
3) Raising CRs to enhance XYZ as a part of L3 support.
4) Data Extraction from XYZ CRM using JAVA to transfer data from XYZ's tools and business units to their respective buyers.

2. CDMA Access OAM Product Line Maintenance team from June, 2011 to May 2012. The team provided L2 support. Below is the summary of his primary responsibilities as a team member:
1) Resolving customer's software issues within the purview of the SLA.
2) Pager support for emergency recovery issues.
3) Raising and tracking Change Requests related to new defects identified.
4) Patch creation and testing.
5) Maintaining (Installing, Upgrading and ensuring sanity) of assigned lab assets (SUN servers Netra 1280 and Blade CP-3060).
6) Investigate, reproduce, test and resolve customer issues, and decide on the future course of action, generally in the form of patch, manual fix or advice to customer and/or respective design teams.

amanamagus

May 16, 2014
venki4560 said:
do I need to write all the responsibilities, or is it ok if I write main 6 to 7 responsibilities?
Dude, I feel the application would be stronger if you mention ALL your roles and responsibilities. The chances that they would be able to match relevant stuff would increase.

Anar013

May 27, 2014
Please help me as well, i'm about to submit my documents but still thinking of this issue...

Guys, need your help !!!

My job title is "Intelligent Network Platform Team Leader" in Telecommunication. Shortly, my main responsibility is to be in charge of Prepaid Platform System that is running in our company. But my main concern is that my Job title doesn't match with the ones that listed in NOC 2173 Embarrassed

My main duties are :

-Operation, Maintenance, Configuration and Troubleshooting for IN platform
-To be able to provide and implement in-house development process when required
-Produces written technical and functional documentations
-Analyses and automatizes Business processes to increase efficiency of the company
-Testing and installation of the new patch sets and releases
-Participate in the development of the projects within the department
-Coordination projects related with IN Group and effectively utilize the resources in the team
-Identify Group targets in line with department targets
-Manages and motivates Group Team
-Continuously reviews efficiency of the Group and consequently suggests and/or implements improvement
-Improve all existing internal systems when necessary

So , am i eligible for NOC 2173 ? If yes which Occupation should I indicate in the Document Economic Classes , question number 12 "Your Work Experience", "Intellectual Network Platform Team Leader" or "Software Engineer" ?

Your feedback is vitally needed for me...Thanks beforehand

Robbssiee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
India
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
I read in the thread somewhere that the Admin has added people on a whatsapp group , if its possible for you admin , can you add me as well

+918376844733 - is the number