+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - MASTER THREAD - 2171/ 2172/ 2173/ 2174 SERIES

Apr 24, 2014
Hello All Experts of forum,

Under NOC Code 2171 I can see on website Canada Govt has said below in employment requirement:

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.

Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

Does that mean B.com is also accepted ? I am SAP FICO Consultant with 6 years of experience. I wish to apply under NOC Code 2171.

Please guide, your help will be appreciable on this.

Regards,
Sharvari Joshi.

athrenta

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Nomination.....
DD Encashed 29-09-14
AOR Received.
PER 08-10-14
Med's Request
15-01-15
Med's Done....
23-01-15; Husband 28-01-15
Interview........
Meds Received 07-02-15
Passport Req..
10-02-15
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Received 16-03-15
LANDED..........
June 2015
do you think 2172 is a hot noc? do you think I can still submit 1st week of June? Thanks

wanderer24x7

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
AhmedR said:
Guys,

I need your help matching my NOC code , I have been working for about 10 year as Solutions Consultant / Technical Pre-sales Consultant / Products & solutions Lead , My role Involves the following

- Engagement with client to identify their technical requirements , Asses the client Environment , Advise & recommend the right IT & Business solutions ,setting the technical Road map that align with the Client ICT overall Plan, acting as the client technical focal point.
- Designing Solutions for Corporate Clients.
- Perform pre-project execution activities includes proposal, technical contents of bid, requirement documentation, detailed project objectives, BOQ/RFQs, presentations and Demos to effectively communicate project expectations.
- Arrange & initiate the Project deliverable & scope of services.

I am considering NOC 2171 ,would that be the right fit..?
Your duties match with 2 NOC 2171 as well as 2173, you can try your luck in either one of these codes. 2171 suits you better but you can consider 2173 as well.

All the best with your application.

wanderer24x7

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Sharvari Joshi said:
Hello All Experts of forum,

Under NOC Code 2171 I can see on website Canada Govt has said below in employment requirement:

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.

Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

Does that mean B.com is also accepted ? I am SAP FICO Consultant with 6 years of experience. I wish to apply under NOC Code 2171.

Please guide, your help will be appreciable on this.

Regards,
Sharvari Joshi.
Degree does not matter, you can go ahead and submit your application if you have everything ready.

You can claim points for bachelor degree and prove that you are eligible for NOC category under which you are applying for PR.

All the best.

wanderer24x7

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
athrenta said:
do you think 2172 is a hot noc? do you think I can still submit 1st week of June? Thanks
athrenta,

I think you can try your luck, no one knows when the quota will be over for 2172 but it is having relatively less applicants compared to other 217* NOCs, considering that fact I think even if you submit your app in first week of June then also you have a bright chance..

All the best.

missionimpossible

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Nomination.....
29-09-2014
Med's Request
28-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
Guys can you tell me if the below roles are closer to 2171 or 2173

Employer 1: (2.4 yrs)

· Identifying the requirement Gaps, evaluating inefficiencies, recommending best practices

· Developing Use cases, Business scenarios and Process flows.

· Requirement Planning, Elicitation, Analysis, Management and Documentation

· Test planning, creation and execution, Defect Analysis and tracking.

· Publishing test result reports and defect closure reports.

Employer 2 (2.3 yrs)

· Coordinating with Business, stakeholders, product owner and end users to identify and elicit business requirements.

· Documenting Business Requirement Document (BRD) after discussion with Business, stakeholders, product owner and end users.

· Reviewing Functional Requirements document to certify the document correctness and to identify Gaps and close the same.

· Coordinating with development and software testing team in the design, implementation and testing of the proposed business solution.

· Single Point of Contact for all trainings and effective communication to the front-line Team on any application changes.

· Supervising the Governance Model of enhancements and liaise with senior management for MIS Reporting.

Your help is much appreciated

sanyasi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Hi Seniors,

Any DBAs in the forum? Anybody submitted application under 2172? Please answer asap. I have 9 years of work experience what are my chances of getting 15 points?

Regards
Sanyasi

sanyasi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Hi Admin

Can you please create a watsapp group and add all IT now ppl? Please let me know asap....

whips

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-10-2014
Med's Request
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
sanyasi said:
Hi Admin

Can you please create a watsapp group and add all IT now ppl? Please let me know asap....
Sounds like a good idea, please do it! ;D

sanyasi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Hi FSW Dreamers,

Please inbox me your phone numbers.. i will create a Watsapp Group.. It will be easy for us to coordinate.. instant resolution of our queries..

Regards,
Sanyasi.

franie

May 16, 2014
For those who are torn between 2173 and 2174/2171, you have to be very careful when you select 2173, because 2173 is a regulated NOC, for all Canada territory.

If you have a Master's Degree, I think you can fit to 2173, otherwise, choose the other one. You should not only refer to the Main Duties, but to the Employment requirements as well on the hrdsc website

Here are the Employment requirements for 2173

*A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
*A master's or doctoral degree in a related discipline may be required.
*Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
*Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.
*Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.

While this is the Employment Requirements for 2174:

*A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
*Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.

atharabbas

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER 8 Oct 2014
File Transfer...
PCC 24 Nov 2014
Med's Request
5 Jan 2015
Med's Done....
3 Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5 Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3 Mar 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Hi Guys,

I know that Experience/Reference Letter is mandatory as an evidence for work experience. My questions is do we need to show the other documents such as employment contracts/offer letters, salary slips, bank statements, etc. as well?

If all are required, then should it be shown for all jobs in last 10 years OR only related to current job will be enough?

Thanks,
Athar

whips

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-10-2014
Med's Request
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
Does the below match 2171? Please help
  • Identifies, defines, documents and communicates user and functional requirements for necessary software, data storage and retention, or workflow and business process
  • Maps existing and future state process maps & flows to support implementation of strategic IT projects
  • Reviews and improves technology driven business processes to ensure provision of efficient services
  • Performs investigational analysis and evaluations to determine project or application feasibility
  • Develops cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth, including the development of alternatives and recommendations for new acquisitions or changes to existing applications or equipment
  • Estimates resource and record management requirements and creates plans, timelines, milestones, user approvals, charts and reports for use in managing an assigned project
  • Develops time schedules, conversions, and test procedures for all aspects of a system implementation, from manual handling through computer processing

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
whips said:
Does the below match 2171? Please help
  • Identifies, defines, documents and communicates user and functional requirements for necessary software, data storage and retention, or workflow and business process
  • Maps existing and future state process maps & flows to support implementation of strategic IT projects
  • Reviews and improves technology driven business processes to ensure provision of efficient services
  • Performs investigational analysis and evaluations to determine project or application feasibility
  • Develops cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth, including the development of alternatives and recommendations for new acquisitions or changes to existing applications or equipment
  • Estimates resource and record management requirements and creates plans, timelines, milestones, user approvals, charts and reports for use in managing an assigned project
  • Develops time schedules, conversions, and test procedures for all aspects of a system implementation, from manual handling through computer processing
Your roles clearly fall under 2171