+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - MASTER THREAD - 2171/ 2172/ 2173/ 2174 SERIES

here_I_come

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
abhilaksh said:
My problem with this entire "2172 CAP FILLED" message that has been floating around is that anyone who posts it, only says that either they got the information from someone they know or that someone on some other thread got that as a reason for rejection.

No one has been able to say "I got rejected and it is confirmed that it is due to 2172 CAP being filled". To those that claim to have received their packets back stating CAP filled as reason, lets be realistic, people who were rejected in September/October are claiming to have received their packets last week...so how come December applicant packets are coming back already?

Another reason someone gave was that "they are opening all packets to check for job offers and the rest they are rejecting due to cap being filled". Now that is illogical as FSWP2014 did not have a "compulsory job offer clause". While, yes, it is quite possible that our applications would take a back seat to EE applications, which would result in longer processing times...especially for us December applicants, I do not believe they would apply the EE rules to FSWP2014 applicants.

All in all...I conclude that unless one of us actually receive our application back with a letter confirming that "you have been declined due to NOC2172 being capped" or an email to that effect or a clear response from the CIC customer care stating that the application is returned due to NOC 2172 being capped (which is rather far fetched because usually rejection reasons would not be disclosed by customer care centers usually...I could be wrong ofcourse, but in my limited knowledge of how they function this information should not be given out over the phone) we should really avoid spreading rumors.
Totally agree. Please lets keep the hope alive, until we get the information that the an application has been decline for cap being filled.

Are there anyone for NOC 2172 for 11th - 22nd December ? its 10 weeks now. Please call up CIC to get the status on your application.

When is the best time to call as the line is always busy?

Remain positive and hopeful as the worst news that one will get is not application return but to have an understanding that Express Entry is still available.

azap

Feb 23, 2015
here_I_come said:
Totally agree. Please lets keep the hope alive, until we get the information that the an application has been decline for cap being filled.

Are there anyone for NOC 2172 for 11th - 22nd December ? its 10 weeks now. Please call up CIC to get the status on your application.

When is the best time to call as the line is always busy?

Remain positive and hopeful as the worst news that one will get is not application return but to have an understanding that Express Entry is still available.
exactly
the best time is 8-9 am at Sydney time

here_I_come

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
U-gal said:
Well, I just called CIC again today.
After verifying my details and a very long wait, the lady agent returned and said my application was received on Dec 29th and its in review or process.
She confirmed that it hadn't been returned or sent back.
I asked about cap for NOC 2172, she said she doesn't know anything about that.
Since I have no control over the situation, I guess I will just take my mind off this for now and let them do their thing.
Great news U-gal. keeps the hope alive.

Under review and process can be positive or negative depending on how one look at it. I believe that CIC will still store all information of an applicant with complete or incomplete application or rejection due to cap filled.

'Review and process' can also mean that the caps full and they are reviewing the information in preparation to send it back. If we can get two seniors(whose document were accepted or rejected) to tell us the information they received from CIC at the time they called. I know for rejection they(CIC call agent) say at a later stage that the document has been sent back. The key to deciphering this mystery is 'did the rejected application(as a result of cap filling) ever get 'Review and in Progress'.

They would probably make the application go through the normal process(including issuing UCI number: Always so funny seeing people calling CIC to request for this number as if getting this number transcends to CC, PER etc) irrespective of acceptance or rejection. My friend was rejected twice(finally got his PR last december) he had his UCI number written on the form even on the first time the document was sent back and that UCI number persisted till the PR was issued.

December 16th 2014, they(CIC) produce their last update, they introduce and additional column called Pending applications(completed applications waiting for MI Acceptance Review - 152 in all). This is where I fill the hope lies and could be the interpretation of the call center agent. For NOC 2172, Number of applications counted towards the 1000 sub-cap is 218 in all. Total is 370 and not 450 as reported by some members of the forum. Also I feel (remember now I could be wrong) that the application was filling up to quickly that it overwhelm the CIC guys that do charging/encashing - meaning that if the application has not gone through Acceptance review, charging has to pulse for a while ::). The rest of the application waiting MI acceptance would be completed in bulk and then charging will resume(No one declared charging after 11th December).

Please we are all smart people and we should rub minds to decipher the internal working methodologies of CIC. They will not like to reveal information and the information they provide sometimes seems ambiguous.

Please note this is just my personal views and does not reflect the working of CIC. Forgive me if I hurt anyone but I hope it lifts up someone's spirit. ;) :)

If the above does not work out. EE will be waiting to embrace those that don't make it. You will get your PR with EE before some FSW 2014 applicant. All the best......

jimmy52

Dec 12, 2014
Guys,

I just called CIC and I was told by CIC agent that NOC 2172 was capped on 11th December. So, my application has been returned week back.

Application reach date - 11th Dec

Sad but have no other choice will be applying under EE may be

Thanks to entire forum for all the help.

Jimmy

manpreetdhindsa15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015 for OOPNP
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-12-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Just an update for 2172 application

I called up CIC now, CIC agent name Gregory confirmed that My file has been returned to me on 27th Feb 2015,
He couldn't confirm the reason, I kept on asking if its due to cap reached?? But he couldn't confirm.

My application file date was 12 Dec 2014.

I think the word about 2172 cap reached on 10th dec is correct.

ceelogreen

Dec 16, 2014
manpreetdhindsa15 said:
Just an update for 2172 application

I called up CIC now, CIC agent name Gregory confirmed that My file has been returned to me on 27th Feb 2015,
He couldn't confirm the reason, I kept on asking if its due to cap reached?? But he couldn't confirm.

My application file date was 12 Dec 2014.

I think the word about 2172 cap reached on 10th dec is correct.
You are right. I called CIC today and I was told that my app is returned on 27-feb-2015 due to subcap being filled for NOC 2172.
My app was received by CIC on 16-dec-2014.

goodlucktocanada

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
App Received: 05-12-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charged: 28-01-2015
AOR Received.
PER: 26-02-2015
IELTS Request
Included in the application
File Transfer...
SLU: 25-08-2015, TLU: 29-08-2015
Med's Request
MR: 01-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
Waived! :)
Passport Req..
28-09-2015/ PP Received: 02-10-2015/ DM: 22/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time...
LANDED..........
Hopefully May of 2016 :)
from another thread.. FYI to everyone.

smcan2014 said:
Just got an email......

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that your application was returned with all attachments on February 27, 2015 as the cap of NOC 2172 has been reached. A letter of explanation was provided along with the application package.

Please note: all returned applications are sent via regular mail to the mailing address as entered on the application package. There is no tracking number. Once the application is mailed, its delivery is the responsibility of the postal service. Applications are not sent via courier.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

akmjahir

Jan 21, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
Nomination.....
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Score Submitted with application
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Does Any NOC 2171 applicant, who's application reached after 2nd September got PER/AOR?
Please update,,,,

Sulafa_78

Nov 25, 2014
akmjahir said:
Does Any NOC 2171 applicant, who's application reached after 2nd September got PER/AOR?
Please update,,,,
Nothing was updated for NOC 2171 after 2nd September; please call CIC and check your application; mine received on 21st November 2171 and already sent back to me last week on 24th Feb due to cap reached; didn't receive it yet maybe in couple of weeks.

Best wishes

mohitkrastogi

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

My application reached at CIC on 20th October 2014 under 2173.

Still I didn't get my application return, please advise me who are on same timke line and waiting of thier application to be return as 2173 cap was full on 12 August

Urgent !!!!!!

mohitkrastogi

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

My application reached at CIC on 20th October 2014 under 2173.

Still I didn't get my application return, please advise me who are on same timke line and waiting of thier application to be return as 2173 cap was full on 12 August

Urgent !!!!!!

akmjahir

Jan 21, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
Nomination.....
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Score Submitted with application
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear All,

My application reached at CIC on 19th September 2014 under NOC 2171.

Still I didn't get any update, please advise me who are on same time line.

Thanks !!!!!!

kvirdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
04-12-2014
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
IELTS Request
04-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-08-2016
All,

I am reading lot about 2172 capped and there are conflict in information shared by members. I saw one member reporting that agent was not aware whether 2172 capped whereas couple of members claimed that agent told them that 2172 was capped after 10th December 2015. I urge everyone to have patience and wait for atleast another month before coming to final conclusion. I believe that no one has received their application package back yet and there is always hope .... 8)

Best of luck!

Regards,