Dec 11, 2015
Hello All

Just wonder if my case is abnormally slow and not in good progress:

Category......................: FSW
Visa Office....................: Hong Kong
App. Filed.....................: 29 Dec 2014
AOR with file number.....: 27 Mar 2015
PC and RPRF Request.....: 19 May 2015

Since then there is no more emails (thru agent) and updated status in ECAS. Had just asked agent to send enquiry to Visa office 2 days ago.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Best...

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
PER: 17 March 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26 Aug.2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wth application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
hot88 said:
Hello All

Just wonder if my case is abnormally slow and not in good progress:

Category......................: FSW
Visa Office....................: Hong Kong
App. Filed.....................: 29 Dec 2014
AOR with file number.....: 27 Mar 2015
PC and RPRF Request.....: 19 May 2015

Since then there is no more emails (thru agent) and updated status in ECAS. Had just asked agent to send enquiry to Visa office 2 days ago.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Best...

Same here... Still waiting... See my timeline on the left.

hot88

Dec 11, 2015
Serc said:
Same here... Still waiting... See my timeline on the left.
Sorry to know that's same slow... Have you asked for the police certificate yet? Just wanted to know if you need to submit the notarised copy of birth cert of children, as it's stated in the email request but our agent told this is not applied to us (HK) but for applicants from mainland... Hence we didn't do anything for this request...

"...For any dependent children: notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a notarized copy of the certificate issued by the PRC Ministry of Health (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted). Kinship certificates are not acceptable."

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
PER: 17 March 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26 Aug.2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wth application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
hot88 said:
Sorry to know that's same slow... Have you asked for the police certificate yet? Just wanted to know if you need to submit the notarised copy of birth cert of children, as it's stated in the email request but our agent told this is not applied to us (HK) but for applicants from mainland... Hence we didn't do anything for this request...

"...For any dependent children: notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a notarized copy of the certificate issued by the PRC Ministry of Health (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted). Kinship certificates are not acceptable."
d

Yes, i have submitted all except the hukou since am a foreigner here in the mainland.

britinyeg

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
28 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
14 Apr 2015
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2016
SSMC said:
3. personal tax issue
- As CA is worldwide tax, if I land in CA shortly and return to HK, am I subject to CA personal tax? or only subject to CA personal tax after completing 730days of stay in 4 years time?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Hi SSMC:

You'll be subject to Canadian personal income tax (and hence have to file income taxes with the CRA) once you are deemed a "resident" of Canada. I think (but am not certain) that you'll be a "resident" as an immigrant once you've been resident in Canada for 183 days in a single year: more information can be found on the CRA website. (I tried to post a link but just got a message that I can't do that - but if you google "Canada tax residency", you should find the page.)

When I initially moved to Canada (on a work permit, not as PR), I arrived at the start of August. When I did my taxes for that year, my income for the entire year was taken in to account and taxed - including income I'd earned between January and July in the US, before moving to Canada. The taxes I paid on my US income were also taken in to account, but I still ended up owing the CRA a few hundred dollars. :(

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
Congratulation to everyone with the good news of PPR or COPR or even landing already ;D
Another quite days in HKVO, but keep positive! the best is yet to come 8) ;D
I just got new lines in my ecas, but still no updates about my new address and medical being received:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 27, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 30, 2015.
3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 7, 2015.
4. We started processing your application on March 31, 2015.

Get ready for the holidays with your loved ones
Cheers ;D

SSMC

Nov 26, 2014
britinyeg said:
Hi SSMC:

You'll be subject to Canadian personal income tax (and hence have to file income taxes with the CRA) once you are deemed a "resident" of Canada. I think (but am not certain) that you'll be a "resident" as an immigrant once you've been resident in Canada for 183 days in a single year: more information can be found on the CRA website. (I tried to post a link but just got a message that I can't do that - but if you google "Canada tax residency", you should find the page.)

When I initially moved to Canada (on a work permit, not as PR), I arrived at the start of August. When I did my taxes for that year, my income for the entire year was taken in to account and taxed - including income I'd earned between January and July in the US, before moving to Canada. The taxes I paid on my US income were also taken in to account, but I still ended up owing the CRA a few hundred dollars. :(
Thank you!

In the website, it states the following. So as long as I don't establish and ties, I guess should be fine....but really need some more experience sharing...

Step 1: Determine if you have residential ties with Canada
The most important thing to consider when determining your residency status in Canada for income tax purposes is whether or not you maintain, or you establish, residential ties with Canada.

Significant residential ties to Canada include:

a home in Canada;
a spouse or common-law partner in Canada; and
dependants in Canada;
Secondary residential ties that may be relevant include:

personal property in Canada, such as a car or furniture;
social ties in Canada, such as memberships in Canadian recreational or religious organizations;
economic ties in Canada, such as Canadian bank accounts or credit cards;
a Canadian driver's licence;
a Canadian passport; and
health insurance with a Canadian province or territory.
The residential ties you establish or maintain in other countries may also be relevant.

Polechka

Oct 31, 2014
Dear all,

I just got a golden passport requested email from CIC. How a wonderful Christmas gift it is!!! :D :D :D

One thing I guess someone with a similar experience could help me out. I am a Taiwanese citizen, but I live in Sydney, Australia. The email states only information about the package submission for those living in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Canada. For example, people living in China submit the package to Beijing visa office.

In my situation, I am living in Sydney, so which visa office I should submit my passport? If anyone can help me out, I would be very appreciated.

Thanks and good luck for whom are waiting for the golden email!

kanadjani

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Polechka said:
Dear all,

I just got a golden passport requested email from CIC. How a wonderful Christmas gift it is!!! :D :D :D

One thing I guess someone with a similar experience could help me out. I am a Taiwanese citizen, but I live in Sydney, Australia. The email states only information about the package submission for those living in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Canada. For example, people living in China submit the package to Beijing visa office.

In my situation, I am living in Sydney, so which visa office I should submit my passport? If anyone can help me out, I would be very appreciated.

Thanks and good luck for whom are waiting for the golden email!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
A great present indeed!
Could you please inform when your MR was received and if HKVO asked for any other documents since May 19th.

Thanks and enjoy your great news

Polechka

Oct 31, 2014
kanadjani said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
A great present indeed!
Could you please inform when your MR was received and if HKVO asked for any other documents since May 19th.

Thanks and enjoy your great news
Thanks :D. The ECAS shows as Medicals were received on 18 October, I did my medicals on 25 September though. No, HKVO did not ask for any additional documents since that time. Any idea if I could get my passport stamped here in Sydney?

kanadjani

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
soon
I think you should raise an CSE and ask if Sydney is OK

Happy New Year!

hot88

Dec 11, 2015
Polechka said:
Thanks :D. The ECAS shows as Medicals were received on 18 October, I did my medicals on 25 September though. No, HKVO did not ask for any additional documents since that time. Any idea if I could get my passport stamped here in Sydney?
Congrats! What a big X'mas present! As you applied thru HKVO hence I think you should send to HKVO. Technically should ask Sydney office as you are there now.

By the way, when did you submit your application and submit the Police certificate before?

Merry X'mas!...

Polechka

Oct 31, 2014
hot88 said:
Congrats! What a big X'mas present! As you applied thru HKVO hence I think you should send to HKVO. Technically should ask Sydney office as you are there now.

By the way, when did you submit your application and submit the Police certificate before?

Merry X'mas!...
Thanks. My application was submitted in November last year along with the police certificates. Today I got the second passport request email asking to submit to Sydney VO, probably the first one was generic.

Merry Christmas everyone...

britinyeg

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
28 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
14 Apr 2015
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2016
Any news from HKVO since before Christmas? My friend submitted all her docs (including additional ones they requested) by the end of November, and was told it was in a queue waiting for an officer to review the file. So we're just waiting with fingers crossed and bated breath...

kanadjani

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21-03-2015
AOR Received.