+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 HONG KONG VISA OFFICE

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Hi everyone

Congrats to all of you have been moving forward. :) :)
Come and report my status so far.
Ever since the RCMP(PCC) was provided in Jan, we got nothing from the HKVO.
We have brought up CSE again in March, and got a auto reply saying the case is under review in April.
The status of my application is still unknown so far.
I guess patience is the only way then.

Cheers

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teddiegracie said:
Thanks so much future_canadian! Well, the fact that HKVO doesn't provide tracking number will make the wait quite nerve-wrecking. I'm in the U.S. and the USPS is, well, let's not even get started. :( Can you please let me know approximately how many days since you sent in your passport did the HKVO send it back? At least I will know when to start frantically checking my mailbox everyday. :) Thanks a lot again!
The COPR states that it was issued 7 days after I sent in the passport, but I didn't receive it back until 13 days later. It was 2 days in transit. And that is within Hong Kong so you should add several days for the US.

I haven't found the USPS to be too bad. At least it will be sent registered so it can be tracked by the VO if a problem arises.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiwera said:
do you know where should I ask for clarification? and also time extension to provide the police certificates? gosh!! so troublesome to request police request from Indonesia :eek: :eek:
The only way I know to ask for clarification is to raise a CSE. Unless they have given you an alternate contact method in the request letter. CSE is also the only way I know to request an extension. Most people who request an extension receive a reply fairly quickly.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sansanlaosu said:
Hi everyone

Congrats to all of you have been moving forward. :) :)
Come and report my status so far.
Ever since the RCMP(PCC) was provided in Jan, we got nothing from the HKVO.
We have brought up CSE again in March, and got a auto reply saying the case is under review in April.
The status of my application is still unknown so far.
I guess patience is the only way then.

Cheers
Seems you have had one of the longest waits of anyone but it will pay off.

Why did you have to submit anything from RCMP? Usually they don't require police certificates from Canada as they can access those records themselves.

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
future_canadian said:
Seems you have had one of the longest waits of anyone but it will pay off.

Why did you have to submit anything from RCMP? Usually they don't require police certificates from Canada as they can access those records themselves.
We were surprised too.
But it seems like quite a number of applicants were required to do so according to the Chinese forum.

Heck

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing/HKVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
19-05-2015
Nomination.....
14-02-2105
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
18-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2015
LANDED..........
PPR "landing" on Dec 6 / Already living in Canada since September 2015
Hi everyone,

Just got an email from HKVO asking for PCC, hukou and RPRF. A few questions:

- Should I expect to get MR in the next few days? (it seems strange to ask for RPRF and not send MR)

- I live in China, but I'm not Chinese, hence I don't have a hukou. Should I send some other document instead?

Thanks!

Polechka

Oct 31, 2014
Hi all,

I have similar questions with Heck. Received an email from HKVO, and asked for PCC, hukou (household register) and RPRF as below;

Police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18, if you have not already submitted them. Instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries may be found by clicking here. (If you have previously resided in Canada, you will be contacted later if an RCMP certificate is required).
If you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan: Hukou (household register) – must be accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet (if not already submitted)
Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your spouse (if applicable), if not already paid. We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office.

The questions are;
1) It's strange to ask RPRF before MR. Did it happen to anyone except Heck and me?
2) I have sent my PCC with my application together to CIC in last November; however, I went back my home town (Taiwan) in last December and stayed there for two months. Do I need to send new PCC to HKVO?
3) I am Taiwanese, but I live in Australia for 5 years (I am holding an Australian student visa). Do I need to provide my household register in Taiwan?

If anyone has the same experience and would like to help me out, I would be very appreciated!

Million thanks :)

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hello,

it seems that we all received a document request at the same day, I need you to share your experience.
The asked for Police certificates, Hukou (household register), notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate for any dependent children.
I sent our PCC in November with the application, why HKVO asked for it again ?
I am not Chinese, but I live in China, and I don't have Hukou, what should I do ?

Jan 20, 2015
We just received a request for police certificates today also! :)

We need to do Hong Kong and UK.

HK: apart from the forms provided, do we need to bring anything else? Seems very straight forward application process.

UK: Do we get the passport photos signed at the back by someone like a teacher?

Good luck guys! Exciting that things are moving forward.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Polechka said:
Hi all,

I have similar questions with Heck. Received an email from HKVO, and asked for PCC, hukou (household register) and RPRF as below;

Police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18, if you have not already submitted them. Instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries may be found by clicking here. (If you have previously resided in Canada, you will be contacted later if an RCMP certificate is required).
If you reside in the People's Republic of China or Taiwan: Hukou (household register) – must be accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet (if not already submitted)
Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your spouse (if applicable), if not already paid. We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office.

The questions are;
1) It's strange to ask RPRF before MR. Did it happen to anyone except Heck and me?
2) I have sent my PCC with my application together to CIC in last November; however, I went back my home town (Taiwan) in last December and stayed there for two months. Do I need to send new PCC to HKVO?
3) I am Taiwanese, but I live in Australia for 5 years (I am holding an Australian student visa). Do I need to provide my household register in Taiwan?

If anyone has the same experience and would like to help me out, I would be very appreciated!

Million thanks :)
1. It depends. NDVO for example always asks for RPRF at the time of MR or PCC request, whereas I was not asked for RPRF until I got PPR. Even within VOs, they seem to have different procedures for applicants from different countries. I don't recall anyone living in HK being asked for RPRF at the time of MR. But my advice is to do what they ask for when they ask for it. :D

2. If you already sent a PCC and it's not expired then you shouldn't need to provide another one. In your return letter to the VO, be sure to mention that you included one with your application.

3. If you have a household register, you should provide it.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bachar said:
Hello,

it seems that we all received a document request at the same day, I need you to share your experience.
The asked for Police certificates, Hukou (household register), notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate for any dependent children.
I sent our PCC in November with the application, why HKVO asked for it again ?
I am not Chinese, but I live in China, and I don't have Hukou, what should I do ?
If you don't have a hukou just explain that you don't have one.

They probably asked for PCC because it's a form letter. If you've already provided one and it's not expired, mention that you have already provided it.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maylynnfunnell said:
We just received a request for police certificates today also! :)

We need to do Hong Kong and UK.

HK: apart from the forms provided, do we need to bring anything else? Seems very straight forward application process.

UK: Do we get the passport photos signed at the back by someone like a teacher?

Good luck guys! Exciting that things are moving forward.
Complete instructions here: http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime.html

Sorry don't know about the UK.

Good luck everyone.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
future_canadian said:
If you don't have a hukou just explain that you don't have one.

They probably asked for PCC because it's a form letter. If you've already provided one and it's not expired, mention that you have already provided it.
Thank you for your reply, but how can I know if the PCC expired or not ?

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
yeah, i also got request for RPRF :eek: :eek:

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
future_canadian said:
The COPR states that it was issued 7 days after I sent in the passport, but I didn't receive it back until 13 days later. It was 2 days in transit. And that is within Hong Kong so you should add several days for the US.

I haven't found the USPS to be too bad. At least it will be sent registered so it can be tracked by the VO if a problem arises.
Thanks again! I guess I will just have to keep my eyes open... :)