Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
soon
waiwera said:
Hi, I have a request from HKVO as follow:
Police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18, if you have not already submitted them. Instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries may be found by clicking here.

I have been living in hong kong for 7 years and now become permanent resident, before that i live in Indonesia and i am still Indonesian citizen.
do i have to submit police certificate from Hong Kong and Indonesia???
please kindly advise because i only have 30 days to complete the request.
thanks.
you would need to submit police certificates for both Indonesia and HK
AND if you have lived anywhere else for more than 6 month, then for that country as well.

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
kanadjani said:
you would need to submit police certificates for both Indonesia and HK
AND if you have lived anywhere else for more than 6 month, then for that country as well.
@kanadjani: thanks for your earliest reply, mate
does my spouse also needed to provide the same? she studied in europe like 20 years ago :eek: :'(

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiwera said:
Hi, I have a request from HKVO as follow:
Police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18, if you have not already submitted them. Instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries may be found by clicking here.

I have been living in hong kong for 7 years and now become permanent resident, before that i live in Indonesia and i am still Indonesian citizen.
do i have to submit police certificate from Hong Kong and Indonesia???
please kindly advise because i only have 30 days to complete the request.
thanks.
Have you lived in Indonesia for 6 months or more since the age of 18? If so then yes you must provide an Indonesian police certificate. Same for any other place you have lived.

If you need more time to collect your police certificates you can request an extension.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiwera said:
@ kanadjani: thanks for your earliest reply, mate
does my spouse also needed to provide the same? she studied in europe like 20 years ago :eek: :'(
Yes, your spouse must provide the same. Any country where you have lived 6 months or longer since age 18, no matter how long ago and no matter the purpose.

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
Hello - I need to submit my passport to the HKVO, and just noticed that the addressed they provided in the email does not have a postal code? I don't live in HK so not sure if this is typical. Can someone please let me know if the address below is correct?

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada, Hong Kong
8/F, 25 Westlands Road
Quarry Bay
Hong Kong SAR

Also, does anyone know if HKVO provides tracking number when they return the passport? Do they email you once it's on its way back? Thank you so much for your answers!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teddiegracie said:
Hello - I need to submit my passport to the HKVO, and just noticed that the addressed they provided in the email does not have a postal code? I don't live in HK so not sure if this is typical. Can someone please let me know if the address below is correct?

Immigration Section
8/F, 25 Westlands Road
Quarry Bay
Hong Kong SAR

Also, does anyone know if HKVO provides tracking number when they return the passport? Do they email you once it's on its way back? Thank you so much for your answers!
There are no postal codes in Hong Kong. However, I do not know if the above address is correct.

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
future_canadian said:
Have you lived in Indonesia for 6 months or more since the age of 18? If so then yes you must provide an Indonesian police certificate. Same for any other place you have lived.

If you need more time to collect your police certificates you can request an extension.
@future_canadian: thanks so much for the clarification. I'll request HK police certificate first and ask for extension if needed for the other countries police certificate ::) ???

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
teddiegracie said:

Immigration Section
8/F, 25 Westlands Road
Quarry Bay
Hong Kong SAR

as i know, there is no postal code in hong kong.
here is the address they request me to send my documents:

Documents should be submitted by mail or courier to:
Immigration Section
8/F, Berkshire House
25 Westlands Road
Quarry Bay
Hong Kong SAR

Good luck ;D

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
steaky said:
There are no postal codes in Hong Kong. However, I do not know if the above address is correct.
Thank you!! Do you know if they provide email notification/tracking number when they send the passport back? My local postal office is notorious, so this is making me nervous! ::)

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
steaky said:
Thank you! Do you happen to know if they provide tracking number when they return the passport? Thanks again!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiwera said:
as i know, there is no postal code in hong kong.
here is the address they request me to send my documents:

Documents should be submitted by mail or courier to:
Immigration Section
8/F, Berkshire House
25 Westlands Road
Quarry Bay
Hong Kong SAR

Good luck ;D
It's not strictly necessary to add in "Berkshire House." My PPR didn't have that in the address. If some PPRs sent to other places do, that's strange. But it will not hurt to put it in.

teddiegracie, they do not inform you when they send out your passport nor do they provide you with a tracking number. They do send it registered which means you must receive it in person (or someone at your address should), and there is a tracking number but only the VO would have it.

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Hi, i have the following request from HKVO:
For any dependent children: notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate.

is it the same as "certified copy" from Hong Kong immigration department, they call it "Certified Copy of an Entry in the Births Register"?
please kindly advise. cheers ;D

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiwera said:
Hi, i have the following request from HKVO:
For any dependent children: notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate.

is it the same as "certified copy" from Hong Kong immigration department, they call it "Certified Copy of an Entry in the Births Register"?
please kindly advise. cheers ;D
Technically not the same. If they are asking for the original hospital birth certificate, it means the one they gave you at the hospital when the child was born. I've never heard of them asking for this. You might ask for clarification.

Also notarization is not technically the same as a certified copy. Google "Hong Kong notarial services" for notaries who can provide this service for you.

I don't know why they wouldn't be satisfied with a certified copy of the HK birth certificate, but it sounds like they're asking for something different. Again you might ask for clarification.

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
future_canadian said:
It's not strictly necessary to add in "Berkshire House." My PPR didn't have that in the address. If some PPRs sent to other places do, that's strange. But it will not hurt to put it in.

teddiegracie, they do not inform you when they send out your passport nor do they provide you with a tracking number. They do send it registered which means you must receive it in person (or someone at your address should), and there is a tracking number but only the VO would have it.
Thanks so much future_canadian! Well, the fact that HKVO doesn't provide tracking number will make the wait quite nerve-wrecking. I'm in the U.S. and the USPS is, well, let's not even get started. :( Can you please let me know approximately how many days since you sent in your passport did the HKVO send it back? At least I will know when to start frantically checking my mailbox everyday. :) Thanks a lot again!

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
future_canadian said:
Technically not the same. If they are asking for the original hospital birth certificate, it means the one they gave you at the hospital when the child was born. I've never heard of them asking for this. You might ask for clarification.

Also notarization is not technically the same as a certified copy. Google "Hong Kong notarial services" for notaries who can provide this service for you.

I don't know why they wouldn't be satisfied with a certified copy of the HK birth certificate, but it sounds like they're asking for something different. Again you might ask for clarification.
do you know where should I ask for clarification? and also time extension to provide the police certificates? gosh!! so troublesome to request police request from Indonesia :eek: :eek: