+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 HONG KONG VISA OFFICE

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
CAJan said:
I am confident that HKVO will meet their 11 months processing target which means that all May applicants should have their visa by end of April, all June applicants by end of May, all July applicants by end of June and so on.

They had a quick start last year and processed quite a number of applications by end of 2014, because HKVO was still behind their overall visa target for 2014. Now, with the start of this year they seemed to have taken a break of a few months to focus on the investor visa processing which was at its peak in the beginning of this year and now their focus will be back on FSW to meet their processing target.
I hope so, let's all pray for each other

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CAJan said:
I am confident that HKVO will meet their 11 months processing target which means that all May applicants should have their visa by end of April, all June applicants by end of May, all July applicants by end of June and so on.

They had a quick start last year and processed quite a number of applications by end of 2014, because HKVO was still behind their overall visa target for 2014. Now, with the start of this year they seemed to have taken a break of a few months to focus on the investor visa processing which was at its peak in the beginning of this year and now their focus will be back on FSW to meet their processing target.
I sure hope you're right!!!

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
crewbunk said:
Thanks for sharing...I am June 26. Hope I can receive MR soon. But I heard from my friend that before MR, HKVO will request for PCC first. is that true?
Our situation is HKVO asking for PCC last Dec and we sent it on Jan. So far still no sign of MR request.
I was told HKVO sending more than 20 MR yesterday, but we were not included.
We are May 21st Applicant.

disdis

May 8, 2014
Hi all HKVO buddies !

I am 7th May applicant and pending for next step after MR in Nov....nearly 4 months till now. Hope what you guys just saying (Before end of April) is true. Good luck to all of you !!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sansanlaosu said:
Our situation is HKVO asking for PCC last Dec and we sent it on Jan. So far still no sign of MR request.
That's strange because usually HKVO asks for PCC and MR together. Re-check to make sure you didn't get this in your e-mail. If ou don get MR in April consider ordering your GCMS notes.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
disdis said:
Hi all HKVO buddies !

I am 7th May applicant and pending for next step after MR in Nov....nearly 4 months till now. Hope what you guys just saying (Before end of April) is true. Good luck to all of you !!
Same here, 7 May, meds done mid-November and 4 months of waiting. I hope you hear from HKVO soon, but I'm also sort of glad to know I'm not the only one. Makes me feel better that it is not something wrong with my application but rather slowness at HKVO.

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
future_canadian said:
That's strange because usually HKVO asks for PCC and MR together. Re-check to make sure you didn't get this in your e-mail. If ou don get MR in April consider ordering your GCMS notes.
actually this has changed. 2 of my friends are FSW2014 applicants have received 2nd line update first, followed by PCC. 1 of them received MR 1 month after while the other one is still waiting. So PCC +MR is not sending out at the same time nowadays. Let me know if this has been changed again.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crewbunk said:
actually this has changed. 2 of my friends is FSW2014 applicants has received 2nd line update first, followed by PCC. 1 of them received MR 1 month after while the other one is still waiting. So PCC +MR is not sending out the same nowadays. Let me know if this has been changed again.
Interesting. It sounds like they are trying to slow people down. +1 for updated information.

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
future_canadian said:
> RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide a certified criminal record check with fingerprints This must be received at this office by: 2015/XX/XX

We double-checked quite a few times before we sent out the PCC they required.
There were couple of applicants from Chinese spreadsheets who have same situations as we do.
HKVO asking for supplementary documents and no MR.
So we assume it's normal?

My second line appeared as 31st OCT. Got my PCC request on late-Dec.
it's getting really really slow.

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
sansanlaosu said:
> RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide a certified criminal record check with fingerprints This must be received at this office by: 2015/XX/XX

We double-checked quite a few times before we sent out the PCC they required.
There were couple of applicants from Chinese spreadsheets who have same situations as we do.
HKVO asking for supplementary documents and no MR.
So we assume it's normal?

My second line appeared as 31st OCT. Got my PCC request on late-Dec.
it's getting really really slow.

May I know the procedure to get PCC from Canada? Coz I have been studying there few years.... I thought we don't need PCC from there. Anyways, I still haven't receive any PCC request from CIC yet. I have my PCC from USA done (still with me, not yet sent out) but not yet from Canada and HK.

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
According to the CIC procedure, you do not need provide Canadian PCC unless it's VO's request.
I have seen few applicants (from spreadsheets/forums) were required to do so after VO start processing.
I replied once on few pages ahead.
--------------------------------------------------
Here is the links you need to read.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
http://www.rcmp.gc.ca/cr-cj/acc-eng.htm

Here is what I do.
1. Acquired paper forms from the accredited companies, we need their assistance on digitization. (remember to get quotation from them first. It's not cheap.)
2. have your fingerprints printed (from authorized organization, like police office or immigration office) on the paper forms (follow the instructions carefully)
3. send your fingerprints together with payment to the company you chosen.
4. Wait for results.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck

Think_Positive

May 7, 2014
sansanlaosu said:
Me too. PCC and MR are separate. PCC was in late October and I sent the HK PCC in late November. I finally received MR before CNY in February. I got my third line yesterday, and start another phase of waiting again ...

Let's keep sharing info, our timeline is useful to the others.

May 7 applicant