Skipped
Passport Req..
20 Jan 2016 Decision Made: 20 Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2016
LANDED..........
13 Mar 2016
TounTob said:
hello, am new in this forum, is there anyone who submitted their application on 24th Dec 2014 :)
I submitted the application on 23rd Dec. What's your current status?

sohaib.chowdhury

Oct 10, 2014
Hi Everybody,

I am eagerly waiting for MR

this was my status as of my ECAS dated October 01.
In Process
01. We received your application for permanent residence on December 9, 2014.
02. We started processing your application on March 27, 2015.

But today I am surprised to see that the date on second line changed to February 09
"We started processing your application on February 9, 2015."

Can any body let me know what is the reason behind this?

Moreover, to be honest due to some utmost emergency I had to encash my Fixed Deposit (which was used as PF). I don't have the whole amount as of now to re issue another Fixed Deposit but if I get PR then I will be able to manage the required fund before entering to canada.

Now what will be my step? Should I re issue another FD by borrowing fund from other source or wait it out.?
Please, requesting expert opinion.

amitrathiesh

Jul 13, 2015
Toronto, CA
Visa Office......
NDVO->CVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
14 Mar 2015 (PER)
AOR Received.
07 May 2015
IELTS Request
23 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
14 Mar 2015
Med's Request
02 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2015 Med's Received: 16 Oct 2015
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2016
LANDED..........
13 Mar 2016
sohaib.chowdhury said:
Hi Everybody,

I am eagerly waiting for MR

this was my status as of my ECAS dated October 01.
In Process
01. We received your application for permanent residence on December 9, 2014.
02. We started processing your application on March 27, 2015.

But today I am surprised to see that the date on second line changed to February 09
"We started processing your application on February 9, 2015."

Can any body let me know what is the reason behind this?

Moreover, to be honest due to some utmost emergency I had to encash my Fixed Deposit (which was used as PF). I don't have the whole amount as of now to re issue another Fixed Deposit but if I get PR then I will be able to manage the required fund before entering to canada.

Now what will be my step? Should I re issue another FD by borrowing fund from other source or wait it out.?
Please, requesting expert opinion.
Sohaib, its good news for you. After my ECAS updated to a new processing date, in exactly 8 days I got my MR. So hope you get your MR before 20th Nov. Cheers bro. :)

Also regarding the funds, you only need to have the funds during landing. You dont need to maintain the balance now.

Al_Safaniyah123

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Interview........
Medicals Received: 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
Insha Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
amitrathiesh said:
Sohaib, its good news for you. After my ECAS updated to a new processing date, in exactly 8 days I got my MR. So hope you get your MR before 20th Nov. Cheers bro. :)

Also regarding the funds, you only need to have the funds during landing. You dont need to maintain the balance now.
No i believe you must maintain the balance throughout the process, that is the reason why they ask you for POF at the beginning of application, and also sometimes during MR/RPRF mails, so please ensure you have the required amount at ALL times during the processing stage, they may ask for it anytime. In practicality they usually ask for it during landing, but they may or may not physically check the amount and may take your word for it.

So rest be assured, you need that amount now just incase they ask you for updated POF.

The reason why CIC wants the required amount during application stage as well is because there is no guarentee that a person issued with PR visa may come up with such an amount while landing, they want to make sure a person who has the amount is eligible to apply. We need to understand that there are a particular number of counterfoils available as stamps, and CIC would certainly not want to waste them, hence they ensure only those who have met ALL their requirements during the application stage and subsequent requests as updates are called to canada as Permanent Residents

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
[quote author=amitrathiesh lin=topic=254970.msg4769785#msg4769785 date=1447230620]

[/quote]

I saw my ECAS revision exactly like Sohaib last month and I'm still waiting. ;D I think CIC just wants to align the second line with the date of application receipt. I see in many cases, it's exactly two months after the date in first line.

amitrathiesh

Jul 13, 2015
Toronto, CA
Visa Office......
NDVO->CVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
14 Mar 2015 (PER)
AOR Received.
07 May 2015
IELTS Request
23 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
14 Mar 2015
Med's Request
02 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2015 Med's Received: 16 Oct 2015
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2016
LANDED..........
13 Mar 2016
Al_Safaniyah123 said:
No i believe you must maintain the balance throughout the process, that is the reason why they ask you for POF at the beginning of application, and also sometimes during MR/RPRF mails, so please ensure you have the required amount at ALL times during the processing stage, they may ask for it anytime. In practicality they usually ask for it during landing, but they may or may not physically check the amount and may take your word for it.

So rest be assured, you need that amount now just incase they ask you for updated POF.

The reason why CIC wants the required amount during application stage as well is because there is no guarentee that a person issued with PR visa may come up with such an amount while landing, they want to make sure a person who has the amount is eligible to apply. We need to understand that there are a particular number of counterfoils available as stamps, and CIC would certainly not want to waste them, hence they ensure only those who have met ALL their requirements during the application stage and subsequent requests as updates are called to canada as Permanent Residents
Okay, here is the thing. When you send them PoF, that's the only thing they can check. No one would be able to get the account balance with just the account number. What they can do is check with the bank if the PoF issued by the bank on the issuing day is genuin or not.

So you do not need to maintain the balance. But again it's the same money that you would be taking to CA. Hence just make sure to top up the money you withdrew because you would need it when you land. It is true during landing they don't necessarily verify PoF.

Al_Safaniyah123

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Interview........
Medicals Received: 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
Insha Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
amitrathiesh said:
Okay, here is the thing. When you send them PoF, that's the only thing they can check. No one would be able to get the account balance with just the account number. What they can do is check with the bank if the PoF issued by the bank on the issuing day is genuin or not.

So you do not need to maintain the balance. But again it's the same money that you would be taking to CA. Hence just make sure to top up the money you withdrew because you would need it when you land. It is true during landing they don't necessarily verify PoF.
The PoF is meant to be stamped and signed by the branch ideally, this gives them confirmation it is indeed issued by them, nowadays everyone gets bank statements online, which also can be used as an attachment.

And you can definitely use the money from your bank account while the application is in process, but it has to be reinstated back to the amount that is required for immigration, because CIC can ask for updated PoF at any time, without notice. SO in essence Yes, the bank balance should be maintained during the application process, and its not like you can get away with a lower bank balance if they were to ask for a PoF. Wasn't that the man's question.

I believe this is not correct "Also regarding the funds, you only need to have the funds during landing. You dont need to maintain the balance now."
For Eg: if you had declared CAD 30,000 at the time of filling in an application, and the requirement for a single applicant is CAD 12,000, you have an excess of CAD 18,000 which you can spend. However make sure you do not fall below the required CAD 12,000 figure, and if you do then make sure you deposit more money and bring it to the minimum required level. I believe the person who asked this query had border line amount in his bank, and because of the emergency his account balance seems to have slipped below his required amount for immigration purposes, so yes brother you need to bring it to the required amount before CIC decided to ask you for an updated PoF.

MiltonDU

Aug 22, 2015
jeanp said:
I saw my ECAS revision exactly like Sohaib last month and I'm still waiting. ;D I think CIC just wants to align the second line with the date of application receipt. I see in many cases, it's exactly two months after the date in first line.
Hi, I am a Dec (Dec 05, 2015)Applicant under SG Visa office. NDV office looks faster but the SGV office is still sleeping........wil it wake up ??????????/

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
Does it mean everyone has been issued with their visas? I am still awaiting my MR and visa office is accra. Please lets know how many of us still left. This is really frustrating. Any explanations for this delay will be appreciated.