Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Hi everyone,

It's been 10 weeks since I landed, but still haven't received the PR card.

Already emailed, but no response thereof as well.

What would you guys suggest? Just wait it out ?

Regards

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nskatcv said:
Hi everyone,

It's been 10 weeks since I landed, but still haven't received the PR card.

Already emailed, but no response thereof as well.

What would you guys suggest? Just wait it out ?

Regards
You'll probably get a photo resubmission request

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Diplomatru said:
You'll probably get a photo resubmission request
Thanks for replying Diplomatru.

I don't remember the border officers asking me for a photo at the time of landing, although I was carrying a bunch with me just in case.

If they needed photos, they should have asked then. Not asking then, and asking later seems absurd.

Regards

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nskatcv said:
Thanks for replying Diplomatru.

I don't remember the border officers asking me for a photo at the time of landing, although I was carrying a bunch with me just in case.

If they needed photos, they should have asked then. Not asking then, and asking later seems absurd.

Regards
Give a call to CIC call center to check the status of your PRC application.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Thanks for replying guys.

Diplomatru said:
welcome to Canada
:) Well, not there yet. Came back to US after a short landing. Will plan to move (if and) after I get the PR card. But it definitely is a heads up for things to come I guess.

zorroo said:
Give a call to CIC call center to check the status of your PRC application.
Do you think being not physically present in Canada could go against me during such a call? The border officers made a big deal out of this during landing after I was honest and told them that I am here only for a couple of days this time, but will be back later. They were stressing on the fact that one must be physically present to collect the card, and went on to mention if I leave now, then I must secure a new visa/documents to reenter and collect the card.

Regards

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Alialiali said:
congrats to everyone who has received PRC :D

I have a silly question: I know that ecas is not important but it just came to my attention that I cannot log in using my COPR Number. is it just me? could it be because of the nice officer hasn't processed my application yet? maybe that's why it takes forever for some people to receive their cards?

Don't worry I wasn't able to check it online using my COPR number but I have received it in mail.

Good luck

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nskatcv said:
Thanks for replying guys.

:) Well, not there yet. Came back to US after a short landing. Will plan to move (if and) after I get the PR card. But it definitely is a heads up for things to come I guess.

Do you think being not physically present in Canada could go against me during such a call? The border officers made a big deal out of this during landing after I was honest and told them that I am here only for a couple of days this time, but will be back later. They were stressing on the fact that one must be physically present to collect the card, and went on to mention if I leave now, then I must secure a new visa/documents to reenter and collect the card.

Regards
Give a call to them to see what's going on.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Hi all,

I have been trying to call the following number to know the status of my PR card, but it keeps telling me that please check your number.

IRCC Contact Options:

IRCC Web form
Telephone number: 1-888-242-2100
Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about IRCC programs, and check the status of your application.
Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

If anyone has any idea about this, please share.

Regards

koolsid4u

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hi

My kid medical was done yesterday and received today (eMedical)
Medicals for my spouse and me were done Aug last year.

How long it will take for next steps?

CPC-Ottawa

Sid

ozzie86

May 19, 2016
Hi, Everybody,
I am new here, I have been read all the forum such a long time. I want to say thank you for everybody for helping each other. I will be landing in Toronto on June 1st. I am Nov 2014 applicant and got my passport back with COPR in January 2016. My question is how long it takes to get PRC in Toronto, anyone has an estimate time? And what documents I should first bring with me when I first land in Toronto airport? Thank you so much in advance.
Regards

jithesh69

Nov 24, 2014
Earth
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-AUG-2014
AOR Received.
08-DEC-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29-JAN-2015
Med's Done....
31-JAN-2015
Interview........
3rd Line Update 15th FEB 2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Congrats on the COPR.
You need to bring:

Passport, COPR, Address where you will stay [better a permanent one as PR card is sent here], goods to follow form, goods accompanying

For family

Passports, COPR, Kid's immunization records [future use, not at airport]

It will take 40-90 days, you can check the current time for PR card http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi,
I am not sure how many are still browsing this thread but i need help on getting funds transferred to CAD from USD in a less expensive way. Is that possible? I cant see many banks issuing bank draft/cheque in CAD. They are ready to give CAD currency but with terrible exchange rate. Any other way i should look at which i am missing? Please shed some light.

Thanks.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
harirajmohan said:
Hi,
I am not sure how many are still browsing this thread but i need help on getting funds transferred to CAD from USD in a less expensive way. Is that possible? I cant see many banks issuing bank draft/cheque in CAD. They are ready to give CAD currency but with terrible exchange rate. Any other way i should look at which i am missing? Please shed some light.

Thanks.
I'm not sure how helpful I can be to you. But from some of the research I've done most "usual" channels of conversion don't give a good rate. From what I've personally experienced it is about a 2 cent loss. For example the exchange rate right now is 0.76 CAD for $1 USD. HSBC (where I've opened accounts both in the US - initially - and then in Canada) will convert at 0.78CAD.

That is why I have opened a USD account in HSBC-Canada as well (you can also do this at RBC, TD and CIBC, where I also have USD accounts in addition to the regular Canadian accounts). So whenever I transfer money from HSBC-USA (which I can do seamlessly via "global transfers") to my HSBC-Canada account I can hold them in US dollars for as long as I wish. I wish I had converted most of my money to CAD when it was 0.68 CAD to USD at one point in January. I don't know if it will ever go that low again :(