+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

SAMISAM

Feb 5, 2016
HELLO Diplomatru

I have a question
I received my CoPR last entry place and date were blanks,
They left them blank so at the port of entry they will write them manually or they will keep them blank?

I called the service center, they told me CBSA have more details and they can access these dates and write them, is this true? as I know most service center agents are not experienced people.

Also when I sent my application I was legally separated and I am a single applicant, after 2 months i sent my divorce document through case specific inquiry form (I have a record of this and their reply to me in my email ) but they replied my application was sent back to me but when i sent the application for the second time i attached the divorce document along with a letter to them asking the update.

I received CoPR with marital status legally separated, call center agent told me this is not an issue because there is no any consequence of change from legally separated to divorce and I was a single applicant so this can be corrected at port of entry or if they didn't I can send them to ask a correction later since it was their mistake, Is this true ? does the IO at port of entry able to correct it ? I don't want to put my self in any risk

appreciate your help

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAMISAM said:
HELLO Diplomatru hi

I have a question
I received my CoPR last entry place and date were blanks,
They left them blank so at the port of entry they will write them manually or they will keep them blank? no, CBSA won't do it

I called the service center, they told me CBSA have more details and they can access these dates and write them, is this true?not unless you get lucky with a cooperative officer as I know most service center agents are not experienced people.

Also when I sent my application I was legally separated and I am a single applicant, after 2 months i sent my divorce document through case specific inquiry form (I have a record of this and their reply to me in my email ) but they replied my application was sent back to me but when i sent the application for the second time i attached the divorce document along with a letter to them asking the update.

I received CoPR with marital status legally separated, call center agent told me this is not an issue because there is no any consequence of change from legally separated to divorce and I was a single applicant so this can be corrected at port of entry or if they didn't I can send them to ask a correction later since it was their mistake, Is this true ? does the IO at port of entry able to correct it ? I don't want to put my self in any risk no, you will have to amend it later. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/amend.asp

appreciate your help

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER:14-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 (Medical Received line: 14-10-2015)
Hi Diplomatru,

Thanks for your help in advance. I have two questions about the COPR, which I received today.

1. For the last entry place and date, it is also blank for me. But my first entry to Canada is after I submitting the PR application. Is that why the entry date is blank for me?

After I entered Canada, I have gone to US twice and then back, so the last entry should be November, 2015. Do I need to amend this? If yes, can I do it during landing? OR

should I do that before landing?

2. The heights of my husband and myself is not exactly correct. My husband should be 170cm, but they put 165cm and I should be 160cm but they put 156cm. I don't understand

why? Is this a big problem? Should I amend this as well?

Thanks!

anuradha7326

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014 CC Charged 27 March 2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP scores Sent with application
File Transfer...
15th April 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Decision Made 12.01.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
beprayerfulbepatience said:
my passport got to ottawa 6days ago and i am still patiently waiting.Any idea of number of processing days?
13-15 days

ruhee

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
21.10.2014 and 28.05.2018
Med's Done....
28.10.2014 and 23.06.2018
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
???
Your doctor uploads your meds to RMO in Ottawa. The MD there checks your results and enters them into GCMS. Then your case officer receives a reminder that some new information, pertaining to the file is available and technically he/she has to bring forward the file and mark the medical assessment as completed. It is a five second task that leads to status update in CAS.

But sometimes the CO does not bring forward the file waiting for the due date. And sometimes they even skip the due date. Totally dependant on CO. Look at me, I am waiting for the third line update since January 9, lol, although I received confirmation from RMO and CIC helpline that the results have been received.
HI,

THE ABOVE QUOTED IS ONE OF YOUR POSTS.
THERE YOU MENTIONED ABOUT RMO & CIC HELPLINE.
DO THEY EXIST?
IF YES, WHATS THE NUMBER?
WILL THEY ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT THE STATUS OF MY MEDICAL?

THNAKS,
RUHEE

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ruhee said:
HI,

DO THEY EXIST? I don't understand this question
IF YES, WHATS THE NUMBER?fax of Manila RMO: +632 843 1103
WILL THEY ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT THE STATUS OF MY MEDICAL?I have no idea

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER:14-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 (Medical Received line: 14-10-2015)
Hello guys,

I have a problem may need your help or suggestion.

I got the visa and COPR last week and plan to do landing at the end of May or the beginning of June. Because I will stay here for a longer time after that and wait for PR card.

But I may need travel to US next month for a conference. When I come back to Canada, can I just use my work permit and TRV to enter?

Will the officer check the IM-1 visa? is there any possible trouble? I am really not ready for landing by that time.

Thanks!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fsqsunshine said:
Hello guys,

I have a problem may need your help or suggestion.

I got the visa and COPR last week and plan to do landing at the end of May or the beginning of June. Because I will stay here for a longer time after that and wait for PR card.

But I may need travel to US next month for a conference. When I come back to Canada, can I just use my work permit and TRV to enter?

Will the officer check the IM-1 visa? is there any possible trouble? I am really not ready for landing by that time.

Thanks!
You should not hide this fact from the CBSA officer. Just explain the situation and say that you are not doing your landing yet.

Greenapple01

Mar 13, 2015
Diplomatru said:
You should not hide this fact from the CBSA officer. Just explain the situation and say that you are not doing your landing yet.
Hello,Diplomatru. I have a question about the COPR and wondering if you have any idea about it. I landed last month at Rainbow Bridge. The officer use the "carbon paper" between two original COPRs and asked me to sign on the top one which is with photo. She kept the top one with original signatures for further processing. I was given the one underneath which is without picture and no stamp on it. She asked me to use it to apply health card. But when I went to apply OHIP yesterday, the service ontario staff not accept my copr kept saying it is a photocopy not original. She asked me to go back CBSA to get the original back which i think is impossible. She just did not listen to my explanation.
Do you think I should go back to the CBSA to get the paper stamped? Or do you have any better options?
Your reply is appreciated.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru,

Do we HAVE TO fix the date of entry being incorrect if they keep permanent records anyway!
What Im into is procrastination.

Please push me into getting my copr ammended Grin

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
Diplomatru,

Do we HAVE TO fix the date of entry being incorrect if they keep permanent records anyway!

You don't have to do that. CIC and CBSA has all records of you in Canada and in case that rules change for citizenship, you still have the chance to claim for the time you have been in canada before landing.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
Diplomatru,

You can see from the previous post that the Government always has the way to screw us, immigrant folk. Just for a chance like that I want to be as prepared as I can be.