Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Alialiali said:
Try CEC forum. Most of them do in-land landing.

When did u get your pp back?
Can I ask which topic in CEC forum are talking about in-land landing? The ones that I checked are talking about medical/document request.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
AliMo said:
Thank God. Passports returned with visas :)
Congratulations!!!

anuradha7326

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014 CC Charged 27 March 2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP scores Sent with application
File Transfer...
15th April 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Decision Made 12.01.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Waiting for Passport.......

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfection_88 said:
Can I ask which topic in CEC forum are talking about in-land landing? The ones that I checked are talking about medical/document request.
u can google them. i did a lot of research and came to a conclusion: never do in-land landing because it takes forever unless u live near ottawa; in ottawa u can walk in and finalize the landing without an appointment (only on certain dates thought).

if u r already in canada, just go to the usa border and come back.

personally, i am going back home for a visit and when i re enter canada, i will do my landing at the airport (i am doing that to bring over some funds - just in case i was asked for a pof).

AliMo

Dec 2, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Diplomatru said:
Hooray to your success 5125 buddy!
Alialiali said:
congrats! ;D ;D :D
gavin_cic said:
Congratulations!!!
Kerdek said:
Mabrouk AliMo!!!!! Finally all the waiting is over !!
Thank you very much, my friends, for the nice wishes :)

Bachar said:
Hello,

What is the correct size of photos requested in PPR email? I got confused because in the body of the email it is written 35x45 mm but in the appendix 5445EB-e it is 50x70mm
Which one is right?
50X70mm

metal999

May 3, 2015
Alialiali said:
u can google them. i did a lot of research and came to a conclusion: never do in-land landing because it takes forever unless u live near ottawa; in ottawa u can walk in and finalize the landing without an appointment (only on certain dates thought).

if u r already in canada, just go to the usa border and come back.

personally, i am going back home for a visit and when i re enter canada, i will do my landing at the airport (i am doing that to bring over some funds - just in case i was asked for a pof).
Congrats again!

I have two questions.

(1) I live in Edmonton. Do you know how long it will take to set an appointment with Canada Place in Edmonton for in-land landing?
(2) I am traveling to US occasionally but I need to apply for US visa every time. Once you go for flag-pole landing, you will be deported from the US-side and then land in Canada again. Is this deporting from US a negative point for the next time that I want to apply for the US visa?

Thanks.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Folks who completed landing,

there is a good chance that you will be able to apply for Cit. in three years rather than four if you push your MP and the Minister to do so. You just have to send a pair of letters postage free. It's very important that we act now because the Parliament is in session.

I will guide you throughout the process, but it's indispensable that you act now.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:
@ Folks who completed landing,

there is a good chance that you will be able to apply for Cit. in three years rather than four if you push your MP and the Minister to do so. You just have to send a pair of letters postage free. It's very important that we act now because the Parliament is in session.

I will guide you throughout the process, but it's indispensable that you act now.

Could you explain little more? Where at to send it? What should be in the body of letter?

Thanks

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
metal999 said:
Congrats again!

I have two questions.

(1) I live in Edmonton. Do you know how long it will take to set an appointment with Canada Place in Edmonton for in-land landing?
I tried. CIC told me a wait of 8 weeks to be invited for an interview/landing date which would take approx another 4weeks so almost 3 month wait period. I went to coutts border and got it done this weekend.

(2) I am traveling to US occasionally but I need to apply for US visa every time. Once you go for flag-pole landing, you will be deported from the US-side and then land in Canada again. Is this deporting from US a negative point for the next time that I want to apply for the US visa?
No you do not need USA visa. Flagpole does not creates any issue with your future applications for visas it's only an administrative thing and never stays on your record.

Good luck

Thanks.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
Could you explain little more? Where at to send it? What should be in the body of letter?

Thanks
1) Find your MP by postal code.
http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

2) Get an envelope, address it as follows. No need for stamps. This comes as Government Letter Free of Postage.

Hon. (Name Surname), MP
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

3) Right a letter, indicating that you as an immigrant feel that C-24 is unfair and you want it repealed. You can use this template, but I strongly advise to come up with your own wording. Sign it and drop it off at Canada Post.

Dear Mr. (Surname),

I immigrated from ________ and came to live in Canada as a Permanent Resident in 20__. Life in Canada is of course challenging for new immigrants, but on the whole we have been warmly welcomed and have not regretted our decision to immigrate.

A major concern was the passing of the previous government’s Bill C-24 which created two classes of Canadians and also made Canadian citizenship more difficult to obtain by increasing the residency requirement from 3 in 4 years to 4 in 6 years (as well as other hurdles). We are glad that Canada rejected the politics of fear and division and elected a new government which is committed to multiculturalism.

My family, friends and I look forward to exercising a Canadian citizen’s right to vote. Bill C-24 has delayed that dream by at least one year. Further delays in citizenship processing occur due to the Ministry’s copiously handing out Residence Questionnaires (RQs), and then not having the funding or staffing required to process the citizenship applications in a reasonable time frame.

I have watched on YouTube your speech during the second reading of Bill C-24, when you listed the five barriers to citizenship raised by Bill C-24. You correctly described them as "Scowls" directed towards new immigrants i.e. long processing times, extended language testing, doing away with 50% of pre-PR time credit for students/workers, 4/6 years residency requirement instead of 3/5 years and the 183 days per year residency requirement.

Accordingly, on behalf of my family and friends, I would appeal to you to consider repealing this Bill C-24 in its entirety. I would also request you to have more resources allocated to the relevant sections of the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to reduce the processing backlogs for citizenship and other applications. Repealing Bill C-24 in its entirety and reducing the processing backlogs would be true to “a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian” refrain, and also give us the timely right to vote in the next elections.

Yours sincerely

4) Repeat the process for Minister McCallum.

Hon. John McCallum, PC, MP
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

5) Get active here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bringing-back-3-year-residency-by-repealing-bill-c24-t392063.0.html

Kerdek

Dec 25, 2014
Doha, Qatar
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Payment DD, Charged 10 Feb
Nomination.....
PER 31-03-2015
AOR Received.
No AOR, file sent 15 April
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU 23 June
Med's Request
26 June 2015
Med's Done....
Medical recvd TLU 23 July 2015
Interview........
DM 5 January 2016
Passport Req..
PPR 5 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 January 2016
LANDED..........
05-04-2016
Sac06 said:
Nothing yet! Hopefully today ;)
Me too, hopefully today!!

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:
1) Find your MP by postal code.
http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

2) Get an envelope, address it as follows. No need for stamps. This comes as Government Letter Free of Postage.

Hon. (Name Surname), MP
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

3) Right a letter, indicating that you as an immigrant feel that C-24 is unfair and you want it repealed. You can use this template, but I strongly advise to come up with your own wording. Sign it and drop it off at Canada Post.

Dear Mr. (Surname),

I immigrated from ________ and came to live in Canada as a Permanent Resident in 20__. Life in Canada is of course challenging for new immigrants, but on the whole we have been warmly welcomed and have not regretted our decision to immigrate.

A major concern was the passing of the previous government’s Bill C-24 which created two classes of Canadians and also made Canadian citizenship more difficult to obtain by increasing the residency requirement from 3 in 4 years to 4 in 6 years (as well as other hurdles). We are glad that Canada rejected the politics of fear and division and elected a new government which is committed to multiculturalism.

My family, friends and I look forward to exercising a Canadian citizen’s right to vote. Bill C-24 has delayed that dream by at least one year. Further delays in citizenship processing occur due to the Ministry’s copiously handing out Residence Questionnaires (RQs), and then not having the funding or staffing required to process the citizenship applications in a reasonable time frame.

I have watched on YouTube your speech during the second reading of Bill C-24, when you listed the five barriers to citizenship raised by Bill C-24. You correctly described them as "Scowls" directed towards new immigrants i.e. long processing times, extended language testing, doing away with 50% of pre-PR time credit for students/workers, 4/6 years residency requirement instead of 3/5 years and the 183 days per year residency requirement.

Accordingly, on behalf of my family and friends, I would appeal to you to consider repealing this Bill C-24 in its entirety. I would also request you to have more resources allocated to the relevant sections of the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to reduce the processing backlogs for citizenship and other applications. Repealing Bill C-24 in its entirety and reducing the processing backlogs would be true to “a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian” refrain, and also give us the timely right to vote in the next elections.

Yours sincerely

4) Repeat the process for Minister McCallum.

Hon. John McCallum, PC, MP
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

5) Get active here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bringing-back-3-year-residency-by-repealing-bill-c24-t392063.0.html

Don't worry about plaigrism, will come up with own.
Thanks

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
Guys got my passports and COPR letters today morning ..
Finally 1st part of the journey is complete .
Now looking forward to landing in canada soon and starting the next chapter ..
Thanks everyone for the support and i'll need it to go all the way for becoming a citizen ..