+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miss P said:
Landed at Carway last night and had the worse experience with the Canadian border security.
The US side was okay, they turned me around and denied me visa, even though I had a valid US visa, they explained that the denial was administrative and it would not hinder any US visa application in future as it is not on record, it was just to prove to the Canadian side that I had been to the US.

Got to the Canadian border, showed my documents and I was sent in to meet a female officer. She asked if any information on my COPR was wrong, I said yes my original date of entry, she did not let me finish the statement, she started yelling at me and I quote; "we are not CIC we are CBSA, we don correct CIC errors, they send you people here an expect us to do their jobs, you should have set up an appointment with CIC in Edmonton or Calgary, instead of coming here". She asked for my B4 and I told her I am bringing nothing in, she told me to go to the waiting room, 10mins later she me to sign my COPR, gave me my copy. Said, my PR will be sent to me in 8-10 weeks, but that is CIC's responsibilities not hers. She did not fill out my PR form or ask for my address, neither did she write it on my COPR.

So now I have to go online and apply for a PR card. I will also fill out the right forms and submit to CIC to correct my COPR.
They are not called public circus for nothing. Welcome to Canada nonetheless.

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone who recently tried to book a landing appointment with local CIC office in Calgary or Edmonton? I want to see how long is the wait time (from booking to actual landing).

Also do you know if it is possible for someone who lives in Calgary to book an appointment at Edmonton office?

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfection_88 said:
Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone who recently tried to book a landing appointment with local CIC office in Calgary or Edmonton? I want to see how long is the wait time (from booking to actual landing).

Also do you know if it is possible for someone who lives in Calgary to book an appointment at Edmonton office?
Try CEC forum. Most of them do in-land landing.

When did u get your pp back?

akanbitope

Oct 5, 2015
Hello,

Please I need help understanding certain things regarding PR Status.

I applied for FSW 2014 with my wife and we received it. We applied while in Nigeria and during the application moved to the states. I completed another masters in the states and got a Phd Assistantship with a University.

My wife on the other hand is a pharmacist and while I was studying was sitting for her conversion exams in Canada, she's done with that now. The plan was to move to Canada this may but the Phd offer changes everything.

My question is can we live in Windsor, ON as the University is in Michigan. It's a two hour drive, what's the implication for me and her if I
1. Drive to Michigan three time a week ( cross the border in ads out)
2. Stay in US three nights a week.

I am asking these questions because I am the main applicant. I don't mind loosing my PR status as long as it doesn't affect her. By the time I am done, she would be close to citizenship anyway and can re-file for me.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
perfection_88 said:
Hi Everyone,

I tried 8 weeks until they will call me to book an appointment which can take another 4 weeks so I preferred flagpoling at the coutts border

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Hello!
I landed yesterday night at coutts border. Took a total of 1.5 hours. Everything went smooth and people were the nicest.

It took me little while at USA border (cuz I have history with them, studied at a university, gave away the green card after 5 months etc) they handed over a yellow slip and a letter saying we are denied entry. Took a U turn and came to CBSA. There were 3 people ahead so took a while. Officers were excellent. Did not ask for anything other than the passport, Copr. Said I will receive the passport in mail in 90 days.
Also explained what rights I have as a PR and how can I travel without having PR card on hand.

It was such nice roads and weather was a bliss too.

Thank you each and everyone here who have helped me and others here. I came to knew a little later about this forum but man! Did it help.
Good luck ya'll.

And please ask if you have any questions about settling in Alberta.

;D

wangjinwei

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015; 2nd line updated May 28
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
18-07-2015; 3rd line:medical received
Interview........
09-01-2015; Decision Made
Can we travel outside of Canada without PRcard?

Thanks

Roozic said:
Hello!
I landed yesterday night at coutts border. Took a total of 1.5 hours. Everything went smooth and people were the nicest.

It took me little while at USA border (cuz I have history with them, studied at a university, gave away the green card after 5 months etc) they handed over a yellow slip and a letter saying we are denied entry. Took a U turn and came to CBSA. There were 3 people ahead so took a while. Officers were excellent. Did not ask for anything other than the passport, Copr. Said I will receive the passport in mail in 90 days.
Also explained what rights I have as a PR and how can I travel without having PR card on hand.

It was such nice roads and weather was a bliss too.

Thank you each and everyone here who have helped me and others here. I came to knew a little later about this forum but man! Did it help.
Good luck ya'll.

And please ask if you have any questions about settling in Alberta.

;D

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wangjinwei said:
Can we travel outside of Canada without PRcard?

Thanks
yes. u need a travel document. u apply for it from the visa office outside Canada (embassy).

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
akanbitope said:
Hello,

Please I need help understanding certain things regarding PR Status.

I applied for FSW 2014 with my wife and we received it. We applied while in Nigeria and during the application moved to the states. I completed another masters in the states and got a Phd Assistantship with a University.

My wife on the other hand is a pharmacist and while I was studying was sitting for her conversion exams in Canada, she's done with that now. The plan was to move to Canada this may but the Phd offer changes everything.

My question is can we live in Windsor, ON as the University is in Michigan. It's a two hour drive, what's the implication for me and her if I
1. Drive to Michigan three time a week ( cross the border in ads out)
2. Stay in US three nights a week.

I am asking these questions because I am the main applicant. I don't mind loosing my PR status as long as it doesn't affect her. By the time I am done, she would be close to citizenship anyway and can re-file for me.
Its possible as long as you have long term visa for US. It doesnt affect her gaining residency obligation or citizenship.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hello,

What is the correct size of photos requested in PPR email? I got confused because in the body of the email it is written 35x45 mm but in the appendix 5445EB-e it is 50x70mm
Which one is right?

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Alialiali said:
Try CEC forum. Most of them do in-land landing.

When did u get your pp back?
I haven't. I'm still waiting for my passport.

Kerdek

Dec 25, 2014
Doha, Qatar
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Payment DD, Charged 10 Feb
Nomination.....
PER 31-03-2015
AOR Received.
No AOR, file sent 15 April
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU 23 June
Med's Request
26 June 2015
Med's Done....
Medical recvd TLU 23 July 2015
Interview........
DM 5 January 2016
Passport Req..
PPR 5 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 January 2016
LANDED..........
05-04-2016
AliMo said:
Thank God. Passports returned with visas :)
Mabrouk AliMo!!!!! Finally all the waiting is over !!