15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Cool... man!!

Mostafa.Mahmoud said:
GUYS !!!

I just got a notification on my phone that my passports are on their way back ....
They arrived t CPC-Ottawa January 12 at 11AM.... less than 3 days processing

However, I think they got processed quickly because I did few tips that you can make use of if you have the same case as mine. I am travelling on January 25 so I did the following:
1- Sent e-mail to CIC (the address provided in the PPR email) attached with a copy of the ticket. The subject of the email had "[URGENT]" to grab the attention to the emergency case.
2- Called CIC twice. The first time, the lady was so useless and disappointing. Even her tone while hitting my face with the words "we never know the processing time of stamping the passport and we can not control it and there is nothing to do" ....she even did not ask for my application number. Kind of standard useless disappointing answers that sucks. The second time, I was gifted with a very nice man who listened to my case and took the application number and looked into what stage my passport is in now. He told me that he will contact the processing office at Ottawa and will explain my case to them. He was so helpful and pleasant.
3-Faxed CIC (the fax number on CPC-Ottawa info page) with the same attachments as the e-mail.

My efforts did not do with the wind thanks God .... hope you guys get your PPR and passports soon in shaa2 Allah ;) ;)

Kerdek

Dec 25, 2014
Doha, Qatar
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Payment DD, Charged 10 Feb
Nomination.....
PER 31-03-2015
AOR Received.
No AOR, file sent 15 April
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU 23 June
Med's Request
26 June 2015
Med's Done....
Medical recvd TLU 23 July 2015
Interview........
DM 5 January 2016
Passport Req..
PPR 5 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 January 2016
LANDED..........
05-04-2016
Mostafa.Mahmoud said:
GUYS !!!

I just got a notification on my phone that my passports are on their way back ....

However, I think they got processed quickly because I did few tips that you can make use of if you have the same case as mine. I am travelling on January 25 so I did the following:
1- Sent e-mail to CIC (the address provided in the PPR email) attached with a copy of the ticket. The subject of the email had "[URGENT]" to grab the attention to the emergency case.
2- Called CIC twice. The first time, the lady was so useless and disappointing. Even her tone while hitting my face with the words "we never know the processing time of stamping the passport and we can not control it and there is nothing to do" ....she even did not ask for my application number. Kind of standard useless disappointing answers that sucks. The second time, I was gifted with a very nice man who listened to my case and took the application number and looked into what stage my passport is in now. He told me that he will contact the processing office at Ottawa and will explain my case to them. He was so helpful and pleasant.
3-Faxed CIC (the fax number on CPC-Ottawa info page) with the same attachments as the e-mail.

My efforts did not do with the wind thanks God .... hope you guys get your PPR and passports soon in shaa2 Allah ;) ;)
Mabrouk ya Mustafa. I hope you get your passports in your hand asap so your new journey officially begins.

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
Kerdek said:
Uwaterloo, sorry for my silly question, but how do you know how the tracking # is activated? I sent my pps to my lawyer that then sent them to the visa office in Ottawa via Canada post. He gave me the tracking # and I was able to know that the VO received my pps last Tuesday.
I appreciate your feedback

Kerdek
Ask your lawyer for the tracking # of the self-addressed xpresspost envelope, and then you can check when it will be activated.

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
Mostafa.Mahmoud said:
GUYS !!!

Glad for you, and thanks for sharing your story

Mostafa.Mahmoud

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 28, 2014
Nomination.....
Feb 16, 2015
Med's Request
May 27, 2015
Med's Done....
May 28, 2015
Passport Req..
DM Jan 9, 2016
Kerdek said:
Mabrouk ya Mustafa. I hope you get your passports in your hand asap so your new journey officially begins.
Thanks ya fandem :) :) :) .... wish you get it soon to and start counting the 4 years for the citizenship :)

nbminister

Star Member
Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 28 2014
Doc's Request.
Apr 24, 2015
Nomination.....
Feb 16 2015
Med's Request
Apr 24 2015
Med's Done....
Med doen on May 15, 2016, MER on Jun 16, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 7, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello,

I have question regarding the proof of the settlement funding to the immigration officer when landing. Currently I am living in US and put my funds in US based bank.

What's proof that can convince the immigration officer that I have enough funding. Are the most recent statements from the USA banks enough? I am afraid that the immigration will suspect that I might not transfer money from US to Canadian bank after the landing.

I tried to open an account in a Canadian bank before I land on Canada. But I contacted RBC, TD, BMO, Scotia Bank and seems it cannot be done in that way.

For cash it is too dangerous. Demand draft may be a good option but so far I cannot found a bank in US can provide a demand draft.

So is there is suggestions?

AliMo

Dec 2, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Mostafa.Mahmoud said:
Congrats !
Kerdek said:
Mabrouk ya Ali!! I am very happy for you!!
Thanks, Mostafa & Kerdek.
Allah Yebarek Feekom :)
Alf Mabrook Mostafa for the notification that your passports are on the way back to youa

mohit7269 said:
Congrats. Anybody who had got their passpors received on 11th?
The following colleagues have received their PPR on the 11th.

gavin_cic
snayak
Mostafa.Mahmoud
Sac06

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
"documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders)"

nbminister said:
Hello,

I have question regarding the proof of the settlement funding to the immigration officer when landing. Currently I am living in US and put my funds in US based bank.

What's proof that can convince the immigration officer that I have enough funding. Are the most recent statements from the USA banks enough? I am afraid that the immigration will suspect that I might not transfer money from US to Canadian bank after the landing.

I tried to open an account in a Canadian bank before I land on Canada. But I contacted RBC, TD, BMO, Scotia Bank and seems it cannot be done in that way.

For cash it is too dangerous. Demand draft may be a good option but so far I cannot found a bank in US can provide a demand draft.

So is there is suggestions?

ChloeCho

Nov 5, 2015
Hi, friends

I became a PR of Canada yesterday. ;D Yay!

I drove to a border and arrived at around 8:00 pm.

There was almost no one waiting, so they processed our case right away.

The whole process took just about 15 minutes and the officer did not ask any document to prove something like funds.

One thing I would like to tell you guys is... the officer was very angry about the fact that I came to the border directly without contacting the CIC office near my place. He said that making an appointment with a CIC office is the first option and if it is not possible, you can come to a boarder. Actually, this is written on the paper that comes with CoPR.

Except this, he was very kind and humorous.

Good luck to you guys!!! :-*