DM 5 January 2016
Passport Req..
PPR 5 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 January 2016
LANDED..........
05-04-2016
Diplomatru said:
If it's Qatar, there is no war waged on its soil as of this moment, so you won't be able to back your H&C request. If it were Sirya, they would have likely expedited the case already.
No I am not from Qatar but I work in Qatar. My country although is in a middle of a civil war and my work contract will end soon. So does that make my case expedite?

Thanks alot for your support.

Kerdek

mostafasaad

Jul 2, 2014
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Doc's Request.
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
28-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
fsqsunshine said:
No PPR for FSW applicants since July. No one knows what happened with CPCO.

But the EE applicants received PPR regularly, so you don't worry too much.
I am waiting. What else can we do? Thank you so much for your reply.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kerdek said:
No I am not from Qatar but I work in Qatar. My country although is in a middle of a civil war and my work contract will end soon. So does that make my case expedite?

Thanks alot for your support.

Kerdek
Not knowing the specific details of your situation I cannot say yes for sure. Is USCIS unable to extend your stay?

mohit7269

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Diplomatru said:
Hello Mohit,

The visa expires 12 months after the date you gave your IME.
Thanks Diplomatru.

1. My IME date is August 8th, 2015. Does it mean that I (Primary) and my family (dependents) will have to land in Canada by or before August 8th, 2016.

2. In light of the current delays with Ottawa, by when , in your opinion, CIC would be able to get to our files?

3. My spouse, due to her current circumstances, might have some issues in travelling to Canada before Dec 2016. Is there a way I could request CIC to grant more time to her for landing and only I complete my landing procedure by Aug 2016. Any other alternatives to buy more time for my spouse.

Appreciate your insights.

Regards,
Mohit

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohit7269 said:
Thanks Diplomatru.

1. My IME date is August 8th, 2015. Does it mean that I (Primary) and my family (dependents) will have to land in Canada by or before August 8th, 2016.

2. In light of the current delays with Ottawa, by when , in your opinion, CIC would be able to get to our files?

3. My spouse, due to her current circumstances, might have some issues in travelling to Canada before Dec 2016. Is there a way I could request CIC to grant more time to her for landing and only I complete my landing procedure by Aug 2016. Any other alternatives to buy more time for my spouse.

Appreciate your insights.

Regards,
Mohit
Hi Mohit!

1) yes. The expiry date of your visa is derived from the validity of your IME, which is 12 months.
2) They will start requesting passport by the end of Jan. 2016 and finalize FSW inventory by Mar.
3) I am afraid there is no solution to your problem. The dependent family member has to land together with PA or after the PA's landing, but within the validity of their visa. If she fails to land within the given timeline you will have to sponsor her under family class application (~12 months).

nbminister

Star Member
Jan 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 28 2014
Doc's Request.
Apr 24, 2015
Nomination.....
Feb 16 2015
Med's Request
Apr 24 2015
Med's Done....
Med doen on May 15, 2016, MER on Jun 16, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 7, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Diplomatru said:
Hi Mohit!

1) yes. The expiry date of your visa is derived from the validity of your IME, which is 12 months.
2) They will start requesting passport by the end of Jan. 2016 and finalize FSW inventory by Mar.
3) I am afraid there is no solution to your problem. The dependent family member has to land together with PA or after the PA's landing, but within the validity of their visa. If she fails to land within the given timeline you will have to sponsor her under family class application (~12 months).
Do we need to wait until at the end of Jan 2016 for the PPR?

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as long as it will come; waiting another 2 months won't kill anyone :-\

harrysani, did u order ur GCMS notes? are we all RFV?

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
Alialiali said:
as long as it will come; waiting another 2 months won't kill anyone :-\

harrysani, did u order ur GCMS notes? are we all RFV?
Hey buddy ..I did order the GCMS notes finally hopefully I get them by the 24th only then I would be able to see where is the file stuck up !!

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harrysaini said:
Hey buddy ..I did order the GCMS notes finally hopefully I get them by the 24th only then I would be able to see where is the file stuck up !!
i hope it is RVF.

if we didn't have so much hope that we would have the visa by 7 months or getting the PP after two weeks max from TLU, like all earlier applicants, we wouldn't be so frustrated.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Hi guys,

I am writing my story here again. I think it might help some people with the same situation in the future.

I got married few days before receiving PPR. My husband is a permanent residence of Canada. I filled a case specific enquiry to explain and asked them what I should do. they didn't reply so once I received the PPR email I replied to email again explained and sent some documents (my husband pr card, marriage certificates etc) and ask if I still can send the passport. No reply. I contacted call center and they said I must send the passport with a cover letter and a copy of documents that I already emailed.

So I did and received the passport back after a couple of weeks. But in CoPR letter, my marital status was single. I called call center again, and asked them what I should do, an agent told me it is an error from CIC side and I must send back CoPR. She didn't say anything about passport, so I called again to ask if I should send back passport along with CoPR letter, this time another agent gave me a completely different answer. She said since it is not something that would affect my PR application (marrying an already PR person ), I can do the landing and ask the officer at the boarder to fix that marital status part.

Since the second answer would have resulted in a faster PR, I took the risk (that I later realized wasn't much) and went to the boarder. I printed all my communications with CIC regarding the change in marital status. I showed them that I have done whatever I could and yet they had sent me that CoPR with marital status as single. Then officer asked me to wait. I could see a few officers were talking over my case with officer that was responsible for my landing and then they called me and told me since it is something that will not affect my PR application status (the same answer the second call center agent gave me), they will accept to do my landing and will send a note to CIC to update my file. The rest of process went very smoothly and I completed my landing and became a permanent resident.

I would like to thank all people on this forum who were very kind and caring and helped me during this frustrating process.
I hope CIC finalizes the rest of FSW2014 soon and all of you who are waiting hear good news soon.

Thanks and Good luck,

Application received Date: Mid Oct, 2014
PER: Mid Jan, 2015
Medical: Late March, 2015
PPR: Early Oct, 2015
Passport back: Early Nov 2015
Landed Early Nov, 2015

Alialiali

Nov 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

I am writing my story here again. I think it might help some people with the same situation in the future.

I got married few days before receiving PPR. My husband is a permanent residence of Canada. I filled a case specific enquiry to explain and asked them what I should do. they didn't reply so once I received the PPR email I replied to email again explained and sent some documents (my husband pr card, marriage certificates etc) and ask if I still can send the passport. No reply. I contacted call center and they said I must send the passport with a cover letter and a copy of documents that I already emailed.

So I did and received the passport back after a couple of weeks. But in CoPR letter, my marital status was single. I called call center again, and asked them what I should do, an agent told me it is an error from CIC side and I must send back CoPR. She didn't say anything about passport, so I called again to ask if I should send back passport along with CoPR letter, this time another agent gave me a completely different answer. She said since it is not something that would affect my PR application (marrying an already PR person ), I can do the landing and ask the officer at the boarder to fix that marital status part.

Since the second answer would have resulted in a faster PR, I took the risk (that I later realized wasn't much) and went to the boarder. I printed all my communications with CIC regarding the change in marital status. I showed them that I have done whatever I could and yet they had sent me that CoPR with marital status as single. Then officer asked me to wait. I could see a few officers were talking over my case with officer that was responsible for my landing and then they called me and told me since it is something that will not affect my PR application status (the same answer the second call center agent gave me), they will accept to do my landing and will send a note to CIC to update my file. The rest of process went very smoothly and I completed my landing and became a permanent resident.

I would like to thank all people on this forum who were very kind and caring and helped me during this frustrating process.
I hope CIC finalizes the rest of FSW2014 soon and all of you who are waiting hear good news soon.

Thanks and Good luck,

Landed Early Nov, 2015
Thank you for sharing and for your wished!

glad that it worked out for u. I was 99% sure it will because I read a similar story to yours before and the officer at landing fix it. even if anything is misspelled, they fix it too.

Wishing you good luck for a better future in Canada.

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

I am writing my story here again. 。。。。。。

Landed Early Nov, 2015
Thanks for sharing, and +1 to you 8)

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

Thanks and Good luck,

Landed Early Nov, 2015
Congratulations and good luck :)

ChloeCho

Nov 5, 2015
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

Thanks and Good luck,

Landed Early Nov, 2015
Thank you for sharing your story.
Congratulations.
I wish you all the best! :D