Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
OK everyone, I have some news to share with you.

My ECAS has changed to Decision Made today, it is shown only on the first page, but it hasn't been added as a line in the second page. More lines have been added regarding the correspondences as it happened with others here, but not the "decision made" line.

I'm happy that there is some progress finally as it has been very long wait for me (Application received Sep 5th)..... but I'm so scared, because the last correspondence between me and CIC was regarding positive fingerprinting match on my RCMP certificate that is related to my RCMP immigration file. They asked for explanation, which I didn't know and I even went to RCMP themselves and they didn't know.... anyway to make long story short,, I sent the explanation that I think is right on July 24th, and I don't know if they accepted it or not, and I didn't hear anything else till now.

My heart is beating and I'm so nervous ... I really hope that it will be good news soon ....

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Hi Guys,
Did landing today at Ottawa. Very few people at airport, so got to the officer quickly who redirected me to the immigration office. We were the only ones in the immigration office, so our process got over real quick.
Officer did not ask for POF(but I had all the docs just in case). He took my Canadian mailing address, but did not take my pre-filled new PR card application or passport photos - he said all that was done electronically and there was no need for me to submit a paper based new PR card app. He got the COPRs signed & attached to our passports.
Gave the B4 & B4A forms to the next officer & that was it.

In all it took about 35 minutes only.

I hope all the people waiting for their apps will get it over with soon too.

Thanks guys !

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I just had 1 doubt about the landing process. I asked the officer to confirm that I can use the COPR to re-enter Canada 'by road' only & NOT via any commercial transport(e.g. airlines). I read this couple of times on the forum before.

But surprisingly the officer said - NO & I could use COPR to re-enter Canada via any commercial transport also.

This is for cases where the PR card is yet to arrive by mail & needs to re-enter Canada.

Anyone has more info regarding this ?

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
blast4past said:
I just had 1 doubt about the landing process. I asked the officer to confirm that I can use the COPR to re-enter Canada 'by road' only & NOT via any commercial transport(e.g. airlines). I read this couple of times on the forum before.

But surprisingly the officer said - NO & I could use COPR to re-enter Canada via any commercial transport also.

This is for cases where the PR card is yet to arrive by mail & needs to re-enter Canada.

Anyone has more info regarding this ?
Congrats... :D

Yes you can re-enter if the carrier (airlines, bus or ship) lets you board
Canada immigration people know that you are a resident but carriers don't consider COPR as official visa so they won't let you board

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
vinaj said:

Canada immigration people know that you are a resident but carriers don't consider COPR as official visa so they won't let you board
ok so seems like even though 'theoretically' it should work but that won't work in 'practice' as airline officials are not aware of what a COPR is - and I think they wouldn't bother to find out anyways.

southpaw86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-14
AOR Received.
01-08-14
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
31-12-14
Med's Request
07-01-15
Med's Done....
14-01-15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-15
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-15
vinaj said:

Interesting. I wasn't aware of this. So are you suggesting that once we land, we can leave and enter Canada (using our COPR) by road from US even if we haven't received our PR card yet? Just trying to improve my knowledge ;D

southpaw86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-14
AOR Received.
01-08-14
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
31-12-14
Med's Request
07-01-15
Med's Done....
14-01-15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-15
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-15
blast4past said:
Hi Guys,
Did landing today at Ottawa. Very few people at airport, so got to the officer quickly who redirected me to the immigration office. We were the only ones in the immigration office, so our process got over real quick.
Officer did not ask for POF(but I had all the docs just in case). He took my Canadian mailing address, but did not take my pre-filled new PR card application or passport photos - he said all that was done electronically and there was no need for me to submit a paper based new PR card app. He got the COPRs signed & attached to our passports.
Gave the B4 & B4A forms to the next officer & that was it.

In all it took about 35 minutes only.

I hope all the people waiting for their apps will get it over with soon too.

Thanks guys !
Congrats man! At least they don't make our lives difficult when we land, in comparison to the application process itself. Good luck with everything!!

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
blast4past said:
ok so seems like even though 'theoretically' it should work but that won't work in 'practice' as airline officials are not aware of what a COPR is - and I think they wouldn't bother to find out anyways.
Carriers are fined for letting somebody board without proper visa so they are scared ;D
But yes you are right, they should learn about it. It would make travel easy for us

southpaw86 said:
Interesting. I wasn't aware of this. So are you suggesting that once we land, we can leave and enter Canada (using our COPR) by road from US even if we haven't received our PR card yet? Just trying to improve my knowledge ;D
Yes you can, if you have a US visa ofc ;)

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
Moly82 said:

My ECAS has changed to Decision Made today, it is shown only on the first page, but it hasn't been added as a line in the second page. More lines have been added regarding the correspondences as it happened with others here, but not the "decision made" line.

I'm happy that there is some progress finally as it has been very long wait for me (Application received Sep 5th)..... but I'm so scared, because the last correspondence between me and CIC was regarding positive fingerprinting match on my RCMP certificate that is related to my RCMP immigration file. They asked for explanation, which I didn't know and I even went to RCMP themselves and they didn't know.... anyway to make long story short,, I sent the explanation that I think is right on July 24th, and I don't know if they accepted it or not, and I didn't hear anything else till now.

My heart is beating and I'm so nervous ... I really hope that it will be good news soon ....
Congratulations Moly I really think it would be a positive decision ..wish you get the PPR soon ..
Did you check ur ECAS yesterday ..it's just to be sure that the update was today and not happened before !!

Moly82

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
harrysaini said:
Congratulations Moly I really think it would be a positive decision ..wish you get the PPR soon ..
Did you check ur ECAS yesterday ..it's just to be sure that the update was today and not happened before !!
Thanks harrysaini,
Yes it happened today,, I check ECAS twice everyday,, one in the morning and one in the evening,, they are driving me crazy...so yes I checked it yesterday and there was nothing... all the update is today..

I hope they won't keep me so frightened for so long ....

Good luck for you too

southpaw86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-14
AOR Received.
01-08-14
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
31-12-14
Med's Request
07-01-15
Med's Done....
14-01-15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-15
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-15
harrysaini said:
Harry - Not sure if this would help our not but my ECAS was updated yesterday as well. Even though Line 4 had decision made update, they added line 5 as follows:

"5.We sent you correspondence on September 11, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

Hope this is useful.

PyrocasterX90

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2014
Doc's Request.
N/a
Nomination.....
Jan 26th 2014
AOR Received.
N/a
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
N/a
Med's Request
May 6th
Med's Done....
May 26th, ECAS TLU - July 8th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Moly82 said:

Hi Moly82,

Congrats! I'm pretty sure you would have got a positive evaluation, else I think they would directly send a rejection mail (why bother updating ECAS etc.) hang tight for your PPR!

Keep us posted - you give us all hope too that FSW is still happening slowly but surely.

Best of luck
PyrocasterX90

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
southpaw86 said:
Harry - Not sure if this would help our not but my ECAS was updated yesterday as well. Even though Line 4 had decision made update, they added line 5 as follows:

"5.We sent you correspondence on September 11, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

Hope this is useful.
Hey can you be kind enough to share all your ECAS lines here on the forum ..thanks

Moly82

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
PyrocasterX90 said:
Hi Moly82,

Congrats! I'm pretty sure you would have got a positive evaluation, else I think they would directly send a rejection mail (why bother updating ECAS etc.) hang tight for your PPR!

Keep us posted - you give us all hope too that FSW is still happening slowly but surely.

Best of luck
PyrocasterX90
Thank you so much PyrocasterX90 :)
I hope it is true ... it is so scary though.. but I will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything ... hopefully it will be very soon :)

Moly82

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
Here are all my lines.

Permanent Residence:

- We received your application for permanent residence on September 5, 2014.

- We started processing your application on February 19, 2015.

- We transferred your application to the Case Processing Centre Ottawa office on December 22, 2014. The Case Processing Centre Ottawa office may contact you.

- We sent you correspondence on February 19, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

- We sent you medical instructions on February 19, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

- We sent you a letter on March 12, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

- Medical results have been received.

- We sent you correspondence on June 23, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

- We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

And now I'm waiting ........