+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
noc4012NOV2014 said:
Hi everyone,

I landed on July 2 in Canada Place at Edmonton. Now, officially, I am a permanent resident in Canada. However, I need to share with my unsuccessful first landing experience, which may help you prevent similar things happening

My conclusions are: 1. for those who want to go to boarder to land, please at least choose a weekday instead of a weekend. 2. land inland if you can.

Wish all of you the best.
Thanks for sharing +1

Finally its over... Congrats .... All the best...

noc4012NOV2014

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
16-02-2015
Med's Request
24-04-2015; second line 23-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-04-2015;uploaded 07-05-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
first time 27May, second time10June, DM 30May
VISA ISSUED...
12June2015, passport arrives CPC-O
bluegirl08 said:
congrats! although the first wasn't successful though. this is what i'm still deciding of, to land by cic office or by the border. i wonder if i could have an appointment prior to having my passport back.
I think as long as your track number is activated, you can call and arrange an appointment. The call centre agent will tell you it usually take 6-8 weeks. But maybe it can only take 2-3 weeks for the interview scheduled. Anyway, good luck!!

bluegirl08

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
20-10-2017
Med's Request
04-10-2017
noc4012NOV2014 said:
I think as long as your track number is activated, you can call and arrange an appointment. The call centre agent will tell you it usually take 6-8 weeks. But maybe it can only take 2-3 weeks for the interview scheduled. Anyway, good luck!!
Thank you very much for the help & sharing your story! Best of luck too :)

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noc4012NOV2014 said:
Hi everyone,

I landed on July 2 in Canada Place at Edmonton. Now, officially, I am a permanent resident in Canada. However, I need to share with my unsuccessful first landing experience, which may help you prevent similar things happening to you.

I drove to US boarder on Saturday, June 27th, the round trip took 16 hours, however I wasn't able to land.

When I crossed the boarder and got back to the Canadian side, the boarder officer checked my application and told me he cannot proceed it. Usually it is due to my application is NOT complete on CIC system. He used to work for CIC so that he was sure it was because the CIC officer didn't check a box in his/her system. But he had not authority to change it after a new system had been updated by CIC. Neither he can contact CIC on Saturday. I had to go home and phone CIC call centre on Monday. Thank goodness I still have valid study permit so I can get back to Canada.

On Monday, the call agent refused to admit it's CIC 's problem, rather he said the problem is in boarder officer's system. Anyhow, besides my frustration of being fooled by the bureaucracy, he helped me to arrange an inland landing appointment three days later.

The landing process went smooth. But the immigration officer at Canada Place told me I wasn't able to land for the first time because CIC has updated to a new system and the boarder officer has the old one. She meant there is incompatibility between two systems. Personally I don't think it is true. I still believe the boarder officer's statement:CIC officer didn't check the box on their system, and yet they fixed it right away after I called.

My conclusions are: 1. for those who want to go to boarder to land, please at least choose a weekday instead of a weekend. 2. land inland if you can.

Congrats! :)
Did they ask for any document beside passport and COPR from you during the landing?

PyrocasterX90

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2014
Doc's Request.
N/a
Nomination.....
Jan 26th 2014
AOR Received.
N/a
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
N/a
Med's Request
May 6th
Med's Done....
May 26th, ECAS TLU - July 8th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi All,

My medicals were done on 26th May and reached Ottawa on 10th June (dr sent via snail mail doesn't have medical ) I still have not received tlu, is this normal? Should I be worried? What means do I have of contacting CPC-o to make sure they got my medicals?

Any help is deeply appreciated.

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
After creating the canadapost profile, I can't seem to log in to create labels.... It just keeps showing loading page (loading sign on the right top)

Did anyone have the same issue?

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's too bad to hear about your landing experience in Alberta-US boarders.

Anyone else could share their landing experience in Alberta? whether it's at the boarders or inland CIC office (Edmonton or Calgary)

Thank you!

noc4012NOV2014 said:

Maharana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
10-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
vinaj said:
After creating the canadapost profile, I can't seem to log in to create labels.... It just keeps showing loading page (loading sign on the right top)

set up a business account. give any fake name of your business etc.. only then you'll be able to create label.

Maharana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
10-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
vinaj said:

create a business profile, give fake business name etc.. you can make ch as negs in the profile. . only then shipping label is available.

Kinji84

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-11-03
Nomination.....
2015-02-03
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
2015-04-01
Med's Done....
2015-04-21
Interview........
Passport Req..
2015-06-21
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-03
LANDED..........
2015-09-30
noc4012NOV2014 said:
Hi everyone,

I landed on July 2 in Canada Place at Edmonton. Now, officially, I am a permanent resident in Canada. However, I need to share with my unsuccessful first landing experience, which may help you prevent similar things happening to you.

I drove to US boarder on Saturday, June 27th, the round trip took 16 hours, however I wasn't able to land.

When I crossed the boarder and got back to the Canadian side, the boarder officer checked my application and told me he cannot proceed it. Usually it is due to my application is NOT complete on CIC system. He used to work for CIC so that he was sure it was because the CIC officer didn't check a box in his/her system. But he had not authority to change it after a new system had been updated by CIC. Neither he can contact CIC on Saturday. I had to go home and phone CIC call centre on Monday. Thank goodness I still have valid study permit so I can get back to Canada.

On Monday, the call agent refused to admit it's CIC 's problem, rather he said the problem is in boarder officer's system. Anyhow, besides my frustration of being fooled by the bureaucracy, he helped me to arrange an inland landing appointment three days later.

The landing process went smooth. But the immigration officer at Canada Place told me I wasn't able to land for the first time because CIC has updated to a new system and the boarder officer has the old one. She meant there is incompatibility between two systems. Personally I don't think it is true. I still believe the boarder officer's statement:CIC officer didn't check the box on their system, and yet they fixed it right away after I called.

Thank You, this is very useful info..+1 to you.

Kinji84

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-11-03
Nomination.....
2015-02-03
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
2015-04-01
Med's Done....
2015-04-21
Interview........
Passport Req..
2015-06-21
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-03
LANDED..........
2015-09-30
vinaj said:
Did anyone try to send private courier return label (ups or FedEx)?
I think someone posted earlier, cic did not accepted return labels other than canada post.

They clearly mentioned in PPR emails as well. even if you sent, they will still return with regular mail, which will take longer time and no tracking.

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
Kinji84 said:
I think someone posted earlier, cic did not accepted return labels other than canada post.

They clearly mentioned in PPR emails as well. even if you sent, they will still return with regular mail, which will take longer time and no tracking.
My email says:

If you have a mailing address in the United States: CPC-O returns passports in the USA by private courier or by Canada Post Xpresspost (USA). To allow you to track your passports through the mail, you must provide a PREPAID private courier envelope and include it with your passports and a copy of this letter. You may also provide a PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (USA) or ‘Ship-in-a-click' shipping label (USA). The latter are only available at Canada Post retail outlets in Canada and are not available on line.

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
any news of MR guys ..its the 123rd day after PER ..

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
vinaj said:

You can also call their helpline if you still can't make it work. Its quick & the agent was very helpful.