meds updated on ECAS 15/04/2015 DM according to ECAS 8th May
Passport Req..
14/05/2015, Passport received at CPC - May 19
VISA ISSUED...
visa received May 28
LANDED..........
29/05/2015
bat001 said:
Oh you are from London, ON...that's my city, I miss it :)...okay just drive to Detroit-Windsor border( almost 2hrs)...go along with passport, COPR and maybe copies of any immigration docs (study permit, workpermit) you have, go with POF too...Diplo, Goku and some others were asked but I wasn't asked at POE here in Alberta - it depends on the immigration officers...Even though i knew i wasnt going to be asked, i still went with half of the funds in my acct (couldn't get my foreign bank statement available from my home country as at then)?
Thanks a lot Batman.Best of luck in all your ways.

justChill_FSW2014

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Diplomatru said:
Just landed at the Falls POE. CBSA officer requested POF, so bring it along (I did). Filed a B4E form for goods to follow at the customs desk. Nothing much to say. It's exactly 9 months since I applied. Thanks everyone for your contributions, and see you in Canada. I'll stick around :)
Congratulations!!! :) :) :) Looks like you are from Toronto area. I'll be in your (hopefully soon our) city next week ;)

I did my landing on April 17 on Peace Bridge and they asked me for POF too. So yes be ready for it.

zaydoov

May 28, 2010
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2014
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-03-2015, Received 27-3-2015, Decision Made 25-5-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015
Zorookas said:
Thanks Zaydoov. But where did you get this info? Did you send your passports to Cairo office and got the visa already?
it is the experience with friends. there is an Egyptian forum by the way and if you don't know it already you can join and discuss

http://www.almatareed.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=42

justChill_FSW2014

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Grace1978 said:
Many Congratulation on your email & your decision.

I understand you very well, after being in US for last 13 years, having a job 77K job, having three small kids, house etc.... I am ready to move to Canada and start from the scratch... and invest my future with the Country which is going to appreciate your hard work by giving you stability & care.

I just hope I will be able to go there... we will see

All the best to you on your new journey :)
Grace, same here. In USA for almost 10 years now but I'm ready to move on and start over in Canada :)

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
justChill_FSW2014 said:
Grace, same here. In USA for almost 10 years now but I'm ready to move on and start over in Canada :)
I am glad I applied...

I am still waiting for getting H-1B. I have a good job but immigration system here in US sucks big time and even if I get H-1B this time, I will have to go crazy until I get my green card which wouldn't be until after 15 years from now. And in resolving visa issues, we forget what our actual goals are.

Hopefully, I will get Canada PR in next few months and I will will be free from this visa issues

hoodrobin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
Item processed yesterday at 18:23. Hopefully we should be having the PP's with the PR stamp by this Saturday. (delivery is slower i guess since it is a USA address)

indocanadian student

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diplomatru said:
Just landed at the Falls POE. CBSA officer requested POF, so bring it along (I did). Filed a B4E form for goods to follow at the customs desk. Nothing much to say. It's exactly 9 months since I applied. Thanks everyone for your contributions, and see you in Canada. I'll stick around :)
Diplo ;D My heartiest congratulations to you.. ;D :)
It was much awaited for you..

Just wanna bother u for one last time..
I have sent my passport too for visa stamping and am expecting it anytime now..And I will be going to Niagara too. U mentioned in your post to take POF at the border.
Now being a student here I paid my second sem fee and dont have 10k in my account(not even near).
So my question is do I have to, Imean is it madatory to have 10k in the account or the same amount we showed?
What if I dont have it - would they refuse me he entry or pr?
What if I dont take the POF?

Any other suggestion?

hoodrobin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
That is true. Even after having extremely well paying jobs, immigration in US can be a tough run. It is not designed for the faint hearted.

justChill_FSW2014

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
vinaj said:
I am glad I applied...

I am still waiting for getting H-1B. I have a good job but immigration system here in US sucks big time and even if I get H-1B this time, I will have to go crazy until I get my green card which wouldn't be until after 15 years from now. And in resolving visa issues, we forget what our actual goals are.

Hopefully, I will get Canada PR in next few months and I will will be free from this visa issues
good luck to you. your odds of getting Canadian PR are higher :) than H1B since 220,000+ applications were received for 85,000 quota this year

justChill_FSW2014

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
indocanadian student said:
Diplo ;D My heartiest congratulations to you.. ;D :)
It was much awaited for you..

Just wanna bother u for one last time..
I have sent my passport too for visa stamping and am expecting it anytime now..And I will be going to Niagara too. U mentioned in your post to take POF at the border.
Now being a student here I paid my second sem fee and dont have 10k in my account(not even near).
So my question is do I have to, Imean is it madatory to have 10k in the account or the same amount we showed?
What if I dont have it - would they refuse me he entry or pr?
What if I dont take the POF?

Any other suggestion?
I recommend you carry proof of funds even if they are in the USA or any other country (as long as they are in your name). Immigration officer has right to deny you entry/landing if you fail to produce POF. it could also be possible that they don't ask you for POF. As per CIC website minimum required funds for 1 person is close to $12k (Canadian $)

maryjane

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
study permit
Hello everyone !!! :) good morning my dears! :)

I am waiting for my passport to come back from CIC. I read indocanadian student's post about the proof of funds. Im also a student here and have only 5k CAD. but the bank certificate i submitted with my application back then to CIC was money in the bank in my home country. The money in my bank in my country is still intact and I am trying to get a current bank cert from them but I dont know if they will issue one. I have an old copy of that bank cert but its dated June 2014.

Will the 5k CAD here and the old bank cert from my country be enough to present when I eventually land?

Thank you all in advance :)

bat001

Oct 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
28-03-2015 PR CARD Rcv'd(40 days)
Concerning the issue of PPR, sending your passport to CPC would be best, but I know that India's law does not allow passport to be sent out of its country. What people usually do is write an email to CPC attaching the new delhi office email, asking for visa to be stamped there at new delhi....I have also heard of an indian guy who sent his passport from USA straight to CPC and visa was issued and passport successfully delivered to him.

Hey your second case is the easiest :)...go for the project with the US company if I were you (make money and don't come here broke :D )...You still have atleast one year from your date of medical when you receive your PR visa...If you are uncomfortable, you could as well do your landing and then go back to the US...depends on what suits you... :)
candadacalling said:
Seniors (Diplo / Bat001) I have a question.
I had applied from USA for FSW1 and my file is in the final stages ( expecting PPR any time soon).But, I am currently in India as US visa expired.
so, whenever I receive PPR should I send it to Ottawa or request to change my Visa stamping center to my home country? Will this delay the process?
I recall an earlier post where someone have stated that sending out Passport out of the country is not permitted. and its not safe anyways.

Also,
The company I am working for right now is US based and they are in a process of applying a Business Visa for me for a project in USA. so my dilemma is what if i receive the PPR while i am in USA or what If I receive PPR and I may have to travel to US within that period. I may be able to manage that but My real concern is about sending Passport for stamping.

bat001

Oct 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
contagious hahahaha :D
Diplomatru said:
And now I feel ashamed for not mentioning you in person bat001, which is a good thing too, because we all have our lessons to learn. I do remember that you pledged your service to this community until my file's finalization. How awesome is that? This is one of the vivid implications of this adventure that I was referring to in the prior post, not knowing how it will manifest yet. You have my full support in regards to your idea of everyone sticking to their own agenda, but I have one reservation to make. Why the hell do this people announce their allegedly selfless contributions when they plan to clear off as soon as they met their goal? Life is not as easy lol. On that note, following your contagious example, I promise to visit this forum at least until Gracey gets her RFV.

bat001

Oct 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
""Your food is done, so delicious to eat and you are still trying to pour sand into it, thinking it would give it a better taste"" ::)
Please get your bank cert at all cost from india, do not take that risk - let it be the latest date as you wont wanna spoil all you have worked for all these months :(
maryjane said:
Hello everyone !!! :) good morning my dears! :)

I am waiting for my passport to come back from CIC. I read indocanadian student's post about the proof of funds. Im also a student here and have only 5k CAD. but the bank certificate i submitted with my application back then to CIC was money in the bank in my home country. The money in my bank in my country is still intact and I am trying to get a current bank cert from them but I dont know if they will issue one. I have an old copy of that bank cert but its dated June 2014.

Will the 5k CAD here and the old bank cert from my country be enough to present when I eventually land?

Thank you all in advance :)

MrBank

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11_09-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Hopefully not
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
2016!!!
Congrats , Stick around for now , by the way .. got PER on the 4th of February , Nothing yet from CPC , Should I order GCMS notes ?

Would it have much information in it ?

Diplomatru said:
And now I feel ashamed for not mentioning you in person bat001, which is a good thing too, because we all have our lessons to learn. I do remember that you pledged your service to this community until my file's finalization. How awesome is that? This is one of the vivid implications of this adventure that I was referring to in the prior post, not knowing how it will manifest yet. You have my full support in regards to your idea of everyone sticking to their own agenda, but I have one reservation to make. Why the hell do this people announce their allegedly selfless contributions when they plan to clear off as soon as they met their goal? Life is not as easy lol. On that note, following your contagious example, I promise to visit this forum at least until Gracey gets her RFV.