+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
orange_girl said:
CRA can't see your bank account transactions even if you pre-authorized them for direct debit. Pre-authorized deposits/debits are done for your and CRA's convenience only. if you are self-employed you have to remit taxes to CRA by yourself, so you can allow CRA withdraw money from your account directly by providing your bank info to them. I do that with other bills like hydro, cellphone, etc. No agency can see your personal banking transactions, it's a privacy issue. Btw, I have a CRA electronic account as well and I checked for bank account deposits info, there's no such thing. The deposits that are there are the money that CRA deposits into your bank account if you are eligible for any credits or benefits. I don't know how else to explain this :).
Exactly. That's what my point is. +1 for that.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If CRA is able to freeze your account you are telling me that I am right. Does CRA have or doesn't have access to your account info? If they are able to freeze your account, of course they have access!

That was my point since the beginning my friend. Please read all posts thoroughly!

Goku said:
I have done it before, and there was no issues before. I deposited $20000 CAD in my account in single shot. You still want me to try it.

What you are talking about Deposits is information for Direct deposit. Whatever refund you are getting will be directly credited to your bank account as CRA no more issues cheque's as they have gone paperless. You must have provide this information (either cancelled Cheque or direct deposit from bank) to your tax filer, and he provide it to CRA or either way you can added it by your self from MY CRA account.

Now let me explain whole thing in detail:

CRA account is just to track all you returns, for NOA for all previous years, RRSP, Etc. Most of the people has to provide Direct deposit information as most of them will receive some kind of refund i.e. Sales tax credit, Energy and property tax credit ,etc. In case of audit, you can also submit documents requested thorough my CRA account which is lot quicker and time efficient.

Now let take one situation, for example A person name XYZ told his employer that he don't want to pay taxes for now, he will pay it later when files his tax return ( CPP & EI still gets deducted). He filed his tax return and didn't pay his taxes even after CRA issued him warning. Now, what will happen is CRA will freeze his bank account, and with draw all the money he deposits until all his dues are paid or they will adjust it towards its refund.

CRA has nothing to do with what ever amount of deposits you make in your personal account, they only interfere with your personal bank account when you don't pay your taxes on time.

One of the case of our client: Now we had a client who brought $1.6m when he came to Canada, he filed his tax return for 2 years. He also opened up a company which made good profit & also did some large investments. After tracing his account for 3 years. They audited him and asked for where he got money to make that much investment, they asked for personal bank statements and questioned him where he got his money from as it was very large deposit. He told that he brought it from back home when he landed, and CRA did cross verified with Immigration whether he declared that money or not.

But, there is no such thing as you deposit large amount in your personal bank account and it reflect on My CRA account. There is a privacy issue. They just cant access your information or neither can bank transmit it to CRA without your consent. You can sue CRA or bank for that.

TFSA and RRSP (only if you withdraw, T4/T4A/T5 slips, tuition fee tax credits, etc are all part of your revenue and based on that they decided how much tax you will have to pay. All slips you send is also sent by issuer of that slip.

Hope I made my point clear this time.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
pepe84 said:
Can you please tell us why I am wrong?

Second, once you get a SIN number and make a large deposit in your Canadian bank account, this will be reflected immediatly in your CRA profile. If you still in doubt, give it a try my friend.

Finally, I personally know people who have done the landing formalities with Canadian or American bank statements and they never had any problems with CBSA upon landing. Please make sure you have enough arguments before saying someone is wrong.
pepe84 said:
If CRA is able to freeze your account you are telling me that I am right. Does CRA have or doesn't have access to your account info? If they are able to freeze your account, of course they have access!

That was my point since the beginning my friend. Please read all posts thoroughly!
Buddy, you have provide them with your banking information for direct deposit. If you don't pay taxes then they can freeze it, and withdraw money from them. You understand what I am trying to say ?? Taxes is not your income, its governments portion.

They don't have access to your bank account. They inform bank about it and bank transfers all the deposit to CRA. That amount gets settled towards our debt. Once debt is settled they inform bank about it and they release your account.

Seriously !!!!!!! Does what I said in any way relates to what you said ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ?

sk13

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
13-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
: 12-01-2015, <br>Passports Sent: 15-Jan-2015, <br>Passport Recved: 16-Jan-2015<br>Shipping: Xpresspost USA
VISA ISSUED...
Tracker Activated: 03-Feb-2015, <br>Passports got Back: 06-Feb-2015
minnesotamrk said:
I received my passport back from CPC-O with Canadian visa and COPR this morning :)
Congrats!!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry but I will have to ignore all your comments from now on. We definetly don't understand each other.

Cheers and wish you every success in Canada!

Goku said:
Buddy, you have provide them with your banking information for direct deposit. If you don't pay taxes then they can freeze it, and withdraw money from them. You understand what I am trying to say ?? Taxes is not your income, its governments portion.

They don't have access to your bank account. They inform bank about it and bank transfers all the deposit to CRA. That amount gets settled towards our debt. Once debt is settled they inform bank about it and they release your account.

Seriously !!!!!!! Does what I said in any way relates to what you said ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ?

cjaina

Jan 10, 2015
pepe84 said:
Same here, it reached CPC Ottawa on Jan 15th and no activation yet. No worries we should get activation either today or tomorrow.
Anyone whose passport reached 13th still waiting? My return label has still not activated. I hope it gets activated today.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
pepe84 said:
I am sorry but I will have to ignore all your comments from now on. We definetly don't understand each other.

Lol. +1 for healthy discussion.

Wish you same friend. Hope we both get PP back soon. :) :)

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
pepe84 said:

it might be best not to continue this argument not to confuse other people who are reading this thread. However, Goku provided a good explanation to the matter. As long as you disclose all your income earned in Canada or abroad and pay taxes, all the money that you have left afterwards has no relation to CRA, exceptions are TFSA and RRSP because of their tax nature.

sundevil

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Bemo said:
Guys i'm happy to announce that by God's Mercy i got MR & RPRF now :D :D :D :D

Thanks to Allah "Alhamdole Allah"

Thanks to you guys for support during the waiting time.
Congrats, I am so happy for you :)

I too got my PER on Dec 2, but no sign of light for me yet :(

Bemo

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged 12-11-2014
Nomination.....
AlhamduliAllah 02-12-2014
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
AlhamduliAllah 26-01-2015
Med's Done....
AlhamduliAllah 02-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AlhamduliAllah 14-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
AlhamduliAllah 09-05-2015 received on 13-05-2015
Congrats all d best in your new life +1

minnesotamrk said:
I received my passport back from CPC-O with Canadian visa and COPR this morning :)
I know bro u will get so soon +1

sundevil said:
Congrats, I am so happy for you :)

I too got my PER on Dec 2, but no sign of light for me yet :(

ll14

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
US
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014 medical status: 30-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
xedelatorre said:
ll14 , has you received your passports with visa back? We have same delivery date of 1/14.

Best of luck!
not yet .. i wanted to check the tracker but the site is on maintenance . so dont know :(

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tracking System will be available again in one hour from now :D

ll14 said:
not yet .. i wanted to check the tracker but the site is on maintenance . so dont know :(

ll14

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
US
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014 medical status: 30-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
Diplomatru said:
There is NO such thing as $10.000 limit. You can bring ANY sum of money as long as you DO file a customs declaration in case it exceeds $10.000.
thanks, to declare amount in customs do I need to show some proof of source of fund ? which I dont have right now .. all my money is personal and some pay stubs ..