+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rpishere said:
Wow - they are really acting up now. Some interviews, requests for additional information etc. Not sure what's driving point for this - VO thought process/ doubts or security checks or random internet search not leading to any conclusiveness.

Hope it gets sorted out soon for everyone.
They obviously look up SIN as part of security check, and it has record of employment. Since my app was filed before I moved to Canada they likely wanted an update on my current employment status. Just a theory. Our part in the process is to comply with the requests of the authorities 8)

cecjuly31

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 13, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec 03, 2014
Med's Request
Jan 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 2, 2015
Passport Req..
May 14, 2015
As I understand they should have already finished verifying your experience after MR.
Why they are still checking?
Or Request of additional documents is a part of security check?

Diplomatru said:
Our part in the process is to comply with the requests of the authorities.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Diplomatru said:
They obviously look up SIN as part of security check, and it has record of employment. Since my app was filed before I moved to Canada they likely wanted an update on my current employment status. Just a theory. Our part in the process is to comply with the requests of the authorities 8)
They don't dig up information from SIN. SIN is not supposed to be mentioned anywhere on application.

They just want more evidence to support your application.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecjuly31 said:
As I understand they should have already finished verifying your experience after MR.
Why they are still checking?
Or Request of additional documents is a part of security check?
It's not a request for additional documents. It's a request for additional information. It could be part of security check too as I have held government position before and it involved security clearence. Impossible to say without GCMS notes :p

comply

Oct 31, 2014
abdoatef said:
hello all,

I got my PPR on 12th of june but the thing is i am not living in US neither Canada, so i had to inform them to redirect me to Egypt where i currently live. Does anyone know how long does this process take? im afraid it might take longer than just sending the passports to a friend in US or canada to handle the whole issue.
Would you please share what is CPC Ottawa reply to this as I know that they are not working in Cairo and office is closed
I have a friend in cananda and will send passports to him do you think this should make problems
I called ups and they told me no problem to send passports through them
Please share what will you do as all living in Egypt are on same boat

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goku said:
They don't dig up information from SIN. SIN is not supposed to be mentioned anywhere on application.

They just want more evidence to support your application.
Goku, the app is very well referenced and clear. I have collected reference letters from archives of every employer I worked for. The NOC5125 job, which was assessed against MI, was supported by reference letter that was signed by both HR head and my supervisor and sealed with the companies stamp. I also included the supervisors business card as well as letter of recommendation. The company is a leading translation agency and has a website and a large subsidiary network. The only information that is new to them included the names of my supervisors from other jobs and my most recent part-time job, which I assumed in Canada when I moved here. I cannot do any better than this :)

rpishere

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-22-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-18-2014 (with RPRF and PCC)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2015 (Received 03-09-2015)
LANDED..........
Sep '2015
Diplo, I think now fear is "bring forward date" that may have been set for another 2-4 weeks. Meaning, your VO will next touch your application on or after that date.

I am experiencing the same where my FBI PCC reached couple of days after deadline (due to holiday period) and I haven't got PPR where others on and about same timeline as mine are getting.

Diplomatru said:
Goku, the app is very well referenced and clear. I have collected reference letters from archives of every employer I worked for. The NOC5125 job, which was assessed against MI, was supported by reference letter that was signed by both HR head and my supervisor and sealed with the companies stamp. I also included the supervisors business card as well as letter of recommendation. The company is a leading translation agency and has a website and a large subsidiary network. The only information that is new to them included the names of my supervisors from other jobs and my most recent part-time job, which I assumed in Canada when I moved here. I cannot do any better than this :)

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rpishere said:
Diplo, I think now fear is "bring forward date" that may have been set for another 2-4 weeks. Meaning, your VO will next touch your application on or after that date.

I am experiencing the same where my FBI PCC reached couple of days after deadline (due to holiday period) and I haven't got PPR where others on and about same timeline as mine are getting.
rpishere,

It's not how Bfd works. What really happens is that the file sits idle until review on due date only if no information arrives in the meantime. Now that I have replied it will be brought forward immediately for review and new due date will be set if the assessments are not complete.

rpishere

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-22-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-18-2014 (with RPRF and PCC)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2015 (Received 03-09-2015)
LANDED..........
Sep '2015
I see. My mistake then. The way trends are working, it is getting hard to reverse engineer really :)

Diplomatru said:
rpishere,

It's not how Bfd works. What really happens is that the file sits idle until review on due date only if no information arrives in the meantime. Now that I have replied it will be brought forward immediately for review and new due date will be set if the assessments are not complete.

cecjuly31

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 13, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec 03, 2014
Med's Request
Jan 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 2, 2015
Passport Req..
May 14, 2015
I am happy for all applicants who are receiving their passport requests.
I just don't understand why CPC-Ottawa stopped issuing MR.
It is already over 40 days since PER and no 2nd line, no MR.
It is really frustrating, since rules are changed (Express Entry) CIC is too slow with issuing AORs for CEC and it seems like they slowed down with FSW too.

ll14

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
US
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014 medical status: 30-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
hi how can i update info in SS? i already had an input over there now i need to update. someone gave me a link for new entry but i just need to edit my info..

pls anyone help ..

skarthick2k5

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Jersey City USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
21-10-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2015
LANDED..........
April 2
Dear All,

I have arranged to ship the documents through XpressPost Canada.

Now the Tracking history shows as "Collect on Delivery payment received and is being sent to the sender."
Should i be worried about this description ??

Thanks in advance.
Karthick S

minnesotamrk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Med's Done....
19-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2015
:) I sent my passport to CPC-O for PR visa this week. How long is the PR visa valid for? Is it one year from MR or issuance?

pharm

Jul 17, 2011
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 22, 2014
Nomination.....
September 15, 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
October 16, 2014
Med's Request
October 22, 2014
Med's Done....
December 1, 2014.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 09, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
Dear Friends,

our passports received by CPC today by B.BIENETTE but the delivery address is:

Signed for by: B.BIENETTE Delivery location: 360 LAURIER AVE WEST
OTTAWA, ON K1A1L1

Does the street address suppose to be 365 LAURIER AVE WEST ( Not 360)

I am starting to worry because the street address is different

Seniors share your thoughts.