Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Diplomatru said:
You have two options:

1) Request CPC-O to amend COPR prior to landing. Can take months.
2) Make an appointment at local CIC office. They may chose not to amend your COPR at site. Can take several weeks.
3) Complete landing at the border and request OSC-O to amend COPR. Will take 6 months, but you'll be enjoying all PR benefits and working towards your residence obligation.
Thanks Deplomatru. Option 3 sounds good. That means these error won't affect landing?

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
Diplomatru said:
Someone did and it turned out ok for that person.
Thanks again, Diplomatru. You have such a wealth of knowledge and are an invaluable asset to this forum. Much appreciated! ;D

gavin_cic said:
Received the CoPR letter this morning. Thanks for everyone in this forum who helped me a lot before!
Congrats!!! :D

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kwyatt75 said:
Thanks again, Diplomatru. You have such a wealth of knowledge and are an invaluable asset to this forum. Much appreciated! ;D

Congrats!!! :D
I am happy to help kwyatt75!

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
JT govt took C377 and C525 to reappeal today. Hoping the immigration bill will follow soon as they are keeping their promises.

Everyone receiving PRs and landing completion- please send letters requesting reappeal as suggested by diplomatru. We have guidance (diplomatru) let's take the advantage.

Thanks

P.S diplomatru- mine letters are ready and will be sent over the weekend. Thanks

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Diplomatru said:
You have two options:

1) Request CPC-O to amend COPR prior to landing. Can take months.
2) Make an appointment at local CIC office. They may chose not to amend your COPR at site. Can take several weeks.
3) Complete landing at the border and request OSC-O to amend COPR. Will take 6 months, but you'll be enjoying all PR benefits and working towards your residence obligation.

Diplomatru: I do not have an initial entry date on my COPR. While landing the officer said we will deal with it later. On prompting again he said it's no issue cuz CIC will have all of your record.
Should I still consider asking CIC to amend my copr? Wouldn't hurt I guess.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Diplomatru said:
Congrats dear. Some BSOs ask for POF (mine did).
What you need to complete landing is:
1) COPR
2) PP with IM-1 visa
3) Proof of address (driver license)
4) Proof of funds

Also, complete B4 form if you want to import something to Canada, including follow-up goods.
Appreciate for your reply and kind explanation!!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roozic said:
JT govt took C377 and C525 to reappeal today. Hoping the immigration bill will follow soon as they are keeping their promises.

Everyone receiving PRs and landing completion- please send letters requesting reappeal as suggested by diplomatru. We have guidance (diplomatru) let's take the advantage.

Thanks

P.S diplomatru- mine letters are ready and will be sent over the weekend. Thanks
Dear Roozic,

I am very thankful for your joining the mutual effort and spreading the word. We have to remind LPC of their promises while their platform is still fresh in the politicians' memory. Especially considering the current pause in the refugee settlement that CIC is over obsessed with. Everyone will benefit from these amendments, but we need to make our voices heard and this depends on our numbers.

As per your question, I would recommend having the COPR amended. There is no fee and you keep the original COPR, so why not?

kspot

Jan 19, 2016
OK, so I just got and email from CIC-Calgary confirming my appointment to finalize my PR mid-February...so I guess I don't get to make the leisurely drive through Southern Alberta!

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
kspot said:
OK, so I just got and email from CIC-Calgary confirming my appointment to finalize my PR mid-February...so I guess I don't get to make the leisurely drive through Southern Alberta!
Great! I'm waiting for their email too. When did you call them to set an appointment?

kspot

Jan 19, 2016
perfection_88 said:
Great! I'm waiting for their email too. When did you call them to set an appointment?
Timeline: CoPR letter is dated January 8, 2016, received it via mail on January 15, I called CIC on January 19, and received appointment email today (January 28)...so a lot quicker than I was expecting!

ONI7042

Jun 16, 2015
Had plan to go to Coutts AB during weekend for landing. Weather forecast is not good during this weekend. wake up today, wife told me she can take a leave today. so at 11am started our trip to coutts. +14'C!!! nice weather. 3pm reached USA boarder. around 3:15pm we were at Canadian boarder. Both CBP & CBSA officers were very helpful. It was 7hrs drive back n forth, but worthy. when i was at USA boarder, got email from CIC about landing in Calgary CIC office. I will call them tomorrow to cancel it.
Thanks everyone.

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Today, I received the email from local CIC office for landing appointment at mid-February. I think I'm gonna skip trip to the border and do in-land landing.

In their email, there is a part that is confusing and I would appreciate it if seniors can comment on that (especially Diplomatru):

- "If you are currently employed but were receiving welfare or social services benefits at or since the time that you submitted your application for permanent residence, please bring proof of employment, proof of income and termination of benefits with you to the above-noted interview. If you are currently in receipt of welfare or social services benefits, please bring a written explanation explaining your situation".

Currently, I'm a teaching assistant, employed by university but I'm not sure if I'm receiving welfare or social services benefits!! Which documents do you think I should take with me to the interview?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfection_88 said:
Today, I received the email from local CIC office for landing appointment at mid-February. I think I'm gonna skip trip to the border and do in-land landing.

In their email, there is a part that is confusing and I would appreciate it if seniors can comment on that (especially Diplomatru):

- "If you are currently employed but were receiving welfare or social services benefits at or since the time that you submitted your application for permanent residence, please bring proof of employment, proof of income and termination of benefits with you to the above-noted interview. If you are currently in receipt of welfare or social services benefits, please bring a written explanation explaining your situation".

Currently, I'm a teaching assistant, employed by university but I'm not sure if I'm receiving welfare or social services benefits!! Which documents do you think I should take with me to the interview?
They are referring to EI. Just bring your contract with the university + pay stubs + bank statement.

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
So what after PR?

I have changed the sin and informed employers. I know will have to inform Health care folks. What else do I need to do?

Also, what threads are you guys (diplomatru et al) are following for keepin up with future in Canada?

Much appreciate :)