Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12th Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3rd February 2015
ravi12 said:
Hey Whats happened??
He is just completing 20 posts. Not a PPR.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
JustRaf said:
I don't believe this is correct for couple of reasons.

1. If CPC-O has large number of visas to print in the queue and that is why not sending us PPRs, then it would make sense to stop sending PPR for all classes. But frim the CE class, they are getting PPR normally till recently and someone even got his passport back today. So the delay is about FSW class only I believe

2. If it is about visa printing only then this shouldn't stop CPC-O from making a decision on our applications and postpone PPR only, which is not the case since our ecas still shows in process
It is not black and white.

1. Or, they can decide to prioritize some streams over other until they can keep up with the printing instead of stopping everything. And clearly, they have decided to put FSW in the waiting list.

2. Making a decision and updating ECAS as such is not always (in fact barely) simultaneous. For example, medical results are received by VO the same time the physicians upload them and yet it takes a few days to a few weeks to show "medical received." For all we know, decision has already been made for most PPR pending applications but just not updated in the ECAS.

Either way, it doesn't matter much why they are not issuing PPR. It only matters that they get their S*** together and do what needs to be done to finalize the applications. I feel like they will start with PPR for FSWs soon.

pharm

Jul 17, 2011
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 22, 2014
Nomination.....
September 15, 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
October 16, 2014
Med's Request
October 22, 2014
Med's Done....
December 1, 2014.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 09, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
Lets hope next week CPC will start working and showing some mercy for FSW 2014 :)

Happy new year

John228

Nov 14, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18 2014
Nomination.....
November 14 2014
IELTS Request
With the application
Med's Request
02-10-2015
Med's Done....
02-18-2015
Hoping to. Still waiting for my MR

pharm said:
Lets hope next week CPC will start working and showing some mercy for FSW 2014 :)

Happy new year

DavidTFS

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-AUG-2014
Nomination.....
26-NOV-2014 (PER)
File Transfer...
06-JAN-2015 (2nd line)
Med's Request
07-JAN-2015
Med's Done....
30-JAN-2015 (3rd line)
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-APR-2015
LANDED..........
18-APR-2015
Hey guys! Just an update on my application:

I'm an early August applicant, received the PER on November 26 and waiting for MR at the moment. Today (Friday - January 2nd, 2015) I received an email from CPC Ottawa to submit my evidence of settlement funds (i.e. bank statement, . . . ). It just shows they are working despite the fact that everyone believes they shut down during the holidays!

Apparently everyone is complaining about the PPR issue, I believe the rumors that they intentionally put our applications on any sort of hold is NOT correct. Something is going on in Ottawa and it is affecting all different group of applicants under various streams. not only FSW-14. For example, My friend and I have applied for TRV renewal on the first week of November and still after more than two months haven't heard back from Ottawa. They still have our passports. This is not the first time I am applying for TRV and the processing has been always between 2-4 weeks. The FSW-14 are not the only ones affected by Visa printing problems, even TRV applicants are facing a big delay.

Express Entry is not going to significantly affect us as it has different processing procedures, They wlil review the first bunch of online applications end of January to identify who is eligible to apply, the next step the eligible applicants have few months to submit their paperwork, by the time Sydney conduct the initial review and send the applications to CPC Ottawa we have received our PR. I don't think Ottawa is going to be affected by new Express Entry applications till the next 2-3 months (minimum).

Let's be positive and hope for the best in 2015.

Cheers!

Geotherm

Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
C-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
20-02-2015
AOR Received.
PER 23-12-2014
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
Interview........
MR Uploaded 06-06-2015 DM 16-06-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-062015
DavidTFS said:

I'm an early August applicant, received the PER on November 26 and waiting for MR at the moment. Today (Friday - January 2nd, 2015) I received an email from CPC Ottawa to submit my evidence of settlement funds (i.e. bank statement, . . . ). It just shows they are working despite the fact that everyone believes they shut down during the holidays!

Apparently everyone is complaining about the PPR issue, I believe the rumors that they intentionally put our applications on any sort of hold is NOT correct. Something is going on in Ottawa and it is affecting all different group of applicants under various streams. not only FSW-14. For example, My friend and I have applied for TRV renewal on the first week of November and still after more than two months haven't heard back from Ottawa. They still have our passports. This is not the first time I am applying for TRV and the processing has been always between 2-4 weeks. The FSW-14 are not the only ones affected by Visa printing problems, even TRV applicants are facing a big delay.

Express Entry is not going to significantly affect us as it has different processing procedures, They wlil review the first bunch of online applications end of January to identify who is eligible to apply, the next step the eligible applicants have few months to submit their paperwork, by the time Sydney conduct the initial review and send the applications to CPC Ottawa we have received our PR. I don't think Ottawa is going to be affected by new Express Entry applications till the next 2-3 months (minimum).

Cheers!
I think you are right,+1 for this analysis. I sent you PM please reply

sundevil

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
DavidTFS said:

Cheers!
Hi David,

Thanks for the update. I am also an August applicant and received my PER on the first week of December.

Could you please share the following information about your application

1. Has the second line appeared in your ECAS status (mentioning that they have started processing your application)
2. Have you been provided a reason why an updated proof of funds (bank statement) is requested.

Good luck with the rest of the process :)

DavidTFS

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-AUG-2014
Nomination.....
26-NOV-2014 (PER)
File Transfer...
06-JAN-2015 (2nd line)
Med's Request
07-JAN-2015
Med's Done....
30-JAN-2015 (3rd line)
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-APR-2015
LANDED..........
18-APR-2015
sundevil said:
Hi David,

Thanks for the update. I am also an August applicant and received my PER on the first week of December.

Could you please share the following information about your application

1. Has the second line appeared in your ECAS status (mentioning that they have started processing your application)

No, My ECAS still is showing the first line only ( We have received your application on August 10, 2014)

2. Have you been provided a reason why an updated proof of funds (bank statement) is requested.

No! I think it's a random check by CIC. It was quite surprising for myself as I had submitted my employment letter/payslip with my original application. CIC asked me for proof of fund even-though they knew that I'm already working in Canada and have a decent income. I have no clue how they filter or identify candidates for settlement funds checking! My advice to you is to maintain minimum of $ 12,000 (for 1 person) in your statement in case they ask you to submit further documents.

Good luck with the rest of the process :)

sundevil

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
DavidTFS said:
No! I think it's a random check by CIC. It was quite surprising for myself as I had submitted my employment letter/payslip with my original application. CIC asked me for proof of fund even-though they knew that I'm already working in Canada and have a decent income. I have no clue how they filter or identify candidates for settlement funds checking! My advice to you is to maintain minimum of $ 12,000 (for 1 person) in your statement in case they ask you to submit further documents.
Yes, it's really surprising if u r already in Canada and agree with what u said about maintaining funds in the account throughout the process. I am guessing CPC would like to make sure people didn't just put in money at the last moment right before the application and withdrew it later.

Have u been asked for the last 6 months statements with explanation of large deposits?

sevagha

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
5125 ECA Done......:22-05-2014 ECA Received:27-05-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2014 App. Received:04-06-2014 PER Received:30-09-2014
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
23-11-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
03-07-2015
It's been a month since completing the medical exams and my eCAS status has still not been updated with the 3rd line. I submitted an e-mail asking CPC-O to confirm that they've received the medicals and the RPRF they requested and since I didn't have the Medical Information sheets at that time, I only attached the RPRF receipt and mentioned the date of completing the medical exams.

The visa officer replied saying that:
"We hereby acknowledge receipt of your email. Your file has been updated with the document that you have provided to us. Should we request more information or documents, we will contact you."

I'm confused. Does this mean that they've received the medical results as well or are they only talking about the RPRF receipt?

Khaled_Youssef

May 20, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-July- 2014
Nomination.....
PER: 06-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
20 - April - 2015
Med's Done....
27 - April - 2015
Passport Req..
08 - May - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09 - June - 2015
LANDED..........
29-10-2015
DavidTFS said:

Cheers!
+1 ... Thanks ma friend

Khaled_Youssef

May 20, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-July- 2014
Nomination.....
PER: 06-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
20 - April - 2015
Med's Done....
27 - April - 2015
Passport Req..
08 - May - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09 - June - 2015
LANDED..........
29-10-2015
sevagha said:
It's been a month since completing the medical exams and my eCAS status has still not been updated with the 3rd line. I submitted an e-mail asking CPC-O to confirm that they've received the medicals and the RPRF they requested and since I didn't have the Medical Information sheets at that time, I only attached the RPRF receipt and mentioned the date of completing the medical exams.

The visa officer replied saying that:
"We hereby acknowledge receipt of your email. Your file has been updated with the document that you have provided to us. Should we request more information or documents, we will contact you."

I'm confused. Does this mean that they've received the medical results as well or are they only talking about the RPRF receipt?
You can check with the Doctor who performed the test that he already submit your results online,,, Just check with him