+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

justChill_FSW2014

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
sk13 said:
Yes, I am yet to land, and planning to move to Canada completely, even though I initially applied PR as a back up option. Technically, you have 3 years to move, if you want to renew your PR card for next 5 years in case of any issues with your GC process.

Reason I want to move to Canada are:

Pros:
0) Freedom (From day 1)
1) Schools
2) Healthcare
3) Retirement friendly
4) Relaxed, and lay back culture, and mentality with more emphasis on social life
5) Less population and secured borders :)
6) Benefits of Canada citizenship (you can visit so many countries, and also work in USA on T visa)
7) Stable economy (not world no:1, but stable)
8) More diverse and friendly (literally I felt it, when I had job interviews, and spoke to the apartment leasing agents. They are so different, and friendly than USA counterparts).
9) All above points, you can enjoy for your life, if you could spend 4 years in Canada. If you spend same those 4 years in USA, not sure whether you will get GC, and even if you get GC, what will you do in case of recession? so plan for long term.

Cons:

1) Weather (If you are in Midwest, Midatlantic, North, Northeast in USA, then it won't make much difference, as most of us settle near to the USA border anyway in Canada).
2) A little bit hard initially to find job, but once you are fit in, then it's done.

All the best!!
good points, +1 :)

justChill_FSW2014

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
747-captain said:
Wow Grace, I did not realize there were so many of us in similar situations!! I myself finally decided to move to Canada after living in the US for the last 22 years.

After USCIS has "screwed me around" for all of this time, I finally decided enough is enough! Although they have always renewed my work authorization and I have had no problem to work here, it is like being trapped in a large jail (my green card case has been infinitely in "pending" status, and it still is). For example I haven't seen my parents in 13 years, when THEY came to the US to visit me because I could not leave the borders.

And also at one point would you believe USCIS sent my file by mistake to archives and it sat there for almost 9 years collecting dust, and we had to file a lawsuit (called "man damus") to get them to continue processing? Sometimes we are a bit impatient with CIC processing, but when you consider how incompetent the USCIS is, it makes CIC look like a lightning-fast, super-efficient machine!!!! ;D After having spent $80,000+ cumulatively on my case, during my entire time here, and not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel, is what got me to finally apply to Canada!

After living here for so long I also share some of the same concerns you have, but then I realize you can't have it all. Cost of living in Canada I assume is definitely higher (everything from cell phone, car insurance <OUCH!! :eek: >, and groceries) and salaries are definitely lower for professionals. But in the end it is DEFINITELY WORTH IT for the freedom!!!! and to be finally recognized as an integral part of the society you live in, without constantly living with the fear of them possibly "throwing you out" one day!!
seriously 22 years? :eek: or was it a typo? I feel your pain though not as much. I have spend 10 years here & maybe now I'll run out of my H1B renewals in september :-[ but more I do research about Canada job market, more I feel we can have good life there. of course, there will be initial struggle but eventually Canada is more welcoming. good luck to all of us on this forum :)

mamacoded

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th Sept
Doc's Request.
05/02/2015
Nomination.....
29th Dec
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
05/02/2015
Med's Done....
11/02/2015
Interview........
meds updated on ECAS 15/04/2015 DM according to ECAS 8th May
Passport Req..
14/05/2015, Passport received at CPC - May 19
VISA ISSUED...
visa received May 28
LANDED..........
29/05/2015
bat001 said:
This is to notify my Ottawa people I just received my PP & COPR back...so Diplo, there's an affix PR visa on my passport :)

I should travel to the border by weekend due to work if I cant get an appointment - US Border is damn far from edmonton
Congrats Batman.Best of luck in all your endeavors.

I can't wait to get mine.Patience is indeed a virtue.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
justChill_FSW2014 said:
ha, lot of people think that :p ;D but on positive side if he really is then it's good coz he guided lot of people on this forum :)
As a matter of fact there is a VIP member on this board who is a CIC officer but I won't disclose that person's nickname.

lyn4pow

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014.
Med's Request
March 13, 2015
Interview........
DM - May 30 2015
Passport Req..
June 10 2015. PP reached Ottawa June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP sent back June 19, 2015
Diplomatru said:
As a matter of fact there is a VIP member on this board who is a CIC officer but I won't disclose that person's nickname.
And how do you know that? ;)

bat001

Oct 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2***
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
28-03-2015 PR CARD Rcv'd(40 days)
Thanks for this :)
mamacoded said:
Congrats Batman.Best of luck in all your endeavors.

I can't wait to get mine.Patience is indeed a virtue.

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Diplomatru said:
PMM?

John228

Nov 14, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18 2014
Nomination.....
November 14 2014
IELTS Request
With the application
Med's Request
02-10-2015
Med's Done....
02-18-2015
Still waiting aswell.... DM please be good so PPR will follow....

John228

Nov 14, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18 2014
Nomination.....
November 14 2014
IELTS Request
With the application
Med's Request
02-10-2015
Med's Done....
02-18-2015
Diplomatru said:
So, do you have DM already?
No Diplo still waiting for DM

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Diplomatru said:
Google CIC phone, it will pop up in a second, follow the IVR instructions during business hours to speak to an agent
Thank you an +1 to you

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
zorroo said:
call 1888 242 2100. Press 1,1,3,1. Have your application and UCI number on hand. Good luck farahnz! :)
Thanks Zorro and +1 to you. It seems you have already called :)