FSW 2014 - CPC OTTAWA - Visa Office - Let's Connect Here

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pssreddy25 said:
Dear Friends,

I want to get some genuine openion from you to move to Canada. As a reason I want to ask some questions, Please done take them personal or sarcastic.

My situation is:
I am on L1B and my Company is applying L1A.
If I get L1A, I can get USA green card in 6-9 months time frame.
But I have already get Canada PR and I know that I can get a job that pays 90 - 110 K in Canada.

1) is this a wise decesion to move canada and ignore USA green card?
2) or Wait for 9 months and move to Canada if I dont get USA green card?

I am curious about CPC-O applicants that, you are in the USA and planing to move to Canada.
What are the primary reasons behind moveing to Canada from USA?

Are there any expat forums available to find the roommates / accommodation in Canada before we move to canada(It lowers my expenses)?

please advice.

regards,
Soamsekhar
Now thay you have a visa why don't you go to Canada for vacation to find out if you like it or not compared to the US?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dittmar said:
Just Elegibility :(
Criminality 'In Progress'
Security 'In Progress'.
By the time it was generated, our medical results had not been forwarded to Ottawa yet.
Same here. I ordered a new set already.

pssreddy25

Jul 2, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
ECAS - Application Received 29-05-14
Nomination.....
PER - 23 -10-14
AOR Received.
N/A(CPC-O Does not send AOR)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS - Started processing 31-10-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
ECAS - Medical Received 23-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
Soon....!
Diplomatru said:
Now thay you have a visa why don't you go to Canada for vacation to find out if you like it or not compared to the US?
True Diplomatru,

You are the one always give wise decesion.. :)

regards,
pssreddy25

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pssreddy25 said:
True Diplomatru,

You are the one always give wise decesion.. :)

regards,
pssreddy25
On that note, I would stay Stateside. But that decision ultimately goes down to your personal preferences.

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Dittmar said:
Hi Mikey.

Yes, I did. It was really worth it! It shows everything. Every consideration and details the analysts considered in our application. It even gave us the deadline for the next review of our process by the analyst. It is due next week. Hopefully, after that review, they will proceed to the final one.
Thanks for the info :)

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Diplomatru said:
On that note, I would stay Stateside. But that decision ultimately goes down to your personal preferences.
I concur I would see about green card as you should have a year to land as Canadian PR

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
pssreddy25 said:
Dear Friends,

I want to get some genuine openion from you to move to Canada. As a reason I want to ask some questions, Please done take them personal or sarcastic.

My situation is:
I am on L1B and my Company is applying L1A.
If I get L1A, I can get USA green card in 6-9 months time frame.
But I have already get Canada PR and I know that I can get a job that pays 90 - 110 K in Canada.

1) is this a wise decesion to move canada and ignore USA green card?
2) or Wait for 9 months and move to Canada if I dont get USA green card?

I am curious about CPC-O applicants that, you are in the USA and planing to move to Canada.
What are the primary reasons behind moveing to Canada from USA?

Are there any expat forums available to find the roommates / accommodation in Canada before we move to canada(It lowers my expenses)?

please advice.

regards,
pssreddy25
The decision should be based on what's really important to you. Here are my reasons:

1. Social security and benefits (eg: universal health care so that simple illness/accident does not have to make one bankrupt; also maternity leave, which is almost non-existent in the US)

2. Education for child: At least upto high school level, canadian education is far better than that of the US; higher education is also on par.

3. Safety: US gun laws/terrorists target ; Canada is not immune but I think it is better by a LOT

4. Immigration issues: Applying for US visas is a pain; the process is almost inhumane and there is absolutely no accountability; even after staying in the US for almost a decade getting visa is a nightmare; this has prevented us from travelling back home or any other country for work. This of course would not be as much of an issue if you were to have a greencard (which in itself is another nightmare).

5. Family visit: our family from back home cannot get visa to the US; Canada is not a 100% deal either, but at least the success rates are higher. I think Canada's visa policies are more family friendly than those of the US.

6. US's political climate: it is sooo extreme and polarized; I don't think US will be able to sustain its growth in the long term with the current trend, so Canada might be a better bet for your children

US's economy is bigger and is a better market for both my spouse and myself in terms of jobs. Also, since we've been living in the US for out entire adult lives, it will be difficult to get started from scratch in a new country. But, as long as at least one of us can get started somewhere in Canada, we know we can make it there too. So, it's no big deal for us.

Destinationca

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-14
Nomination.....
Nov 04'14 (CC Charged)
AOR Received.
Nov 14'14 (PER email received)
IELTS Request
Sent with initial package
Med's Request
Dec 05'14 (MR received)
Med's Done....
Feb 15'15 (Medicals Received Status updated in eCAS)
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
May 01'15
VISA ISSUED...
May 15'15
LANDED..........
Sep 12'15
Dittmar said:
Just Elegibility :(
Criminality 'In Progress'
Security 'In Progress'.
By the time it was generated, our medical results had not been forwarded to Ottawa yet.

@dittmar - Are you in Canada? If not; can you tell me which site did u use to request for the notes? I am a little skeptical on sharing the personal details with any of the third party sites. Thanks

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Yes best to get friend or relative to send for GCMS as I wouldn't want to give me info to a third party

jijz

Oct 9, 2014
Visa Office......
cpc ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06- 2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
Med's Request
01-12-2014
Med's Done....
05-12-2014
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
:( :( :( really frustrating no mr's and ppr's today :( :( :(

pssreddy25

Jul 2, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
ECAS - Application Received 29-05-14
Nomination.....
PER - 23 -10-14
AOR Received.
N/A(CPC-O Does not send AOR)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS - Started processing 31-10-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
ECAS - Medical Received 23-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
Soon....!
namaste said:
The decision should be based on what's really important to you. Here are my reasons:

1. Social security and benefits (eg: universal health care so that simple illness/accident does not have to make one bankrupt; also maternity leave, which is almost non-existent in the US)

2. Education for child: At least upto high school level, canadian education is far better than that of the US; higher education is also on par.

3. Safety: US gun laws/terrorists target ; Canada is not immune but I think it is better by a LOT

4. Immigration issues: Applying for US visas is a pain; the process is almost inhumane and there is absolutely no accountability; even after staying in the US for almost a decade getting visa is a nightmare; this has prevented us from travelling back home or any other country for work. This of course would not be as much of an issue if you were to have a greencard (which in itself is another nightmare).

5. Family visit: our family from back home cannot get visa to the US; Canada is not a 100% deal either, but at least the success rates are higher. I think Canada's visa policies are more family friendly than those of the US.

6. US's political climate: it is sooo extreme and polarized; I don't think US will be able to sustain its growth in the long term with the current trend, so Canada might be a better bet for your children

US's economy is bigger and is a better market for both my spouse and myself in terms of jobs. Also, since we've been living in the US for out entire adult lives, it will be difficult to get started from scratch in a new country. But, as long as at least one of us can get started somewhere in Canada, we know we can make it there too. So, it's no big deal for us.
Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion namaste.

All the points you have listed are very true and a must consider criteria to immigrate Canada.

regards,
pssreddy25

jijz

Oct 9, 2014
Visa Office......
cpc ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06- 2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
Med's Request
01-12-2014
Med's Done....
05-12-2014
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
Diplomatru said:
Please, add timeline to your profile.
hi bro, i dont know add timeline to my profile, please help :) :) :)

jijz

Oct 9, 2014
Visa Office......
cpc ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06- 2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
Med's Request