+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

randev

May 5, 2014
Hello all,

I and my wife finally landed in Canada a few weeks back. We want to share a few details about our landing and Canadian experience so far. Hope it's of use to our members.

1) Immigration process

Was pretty much straightforward. The immigration officer did ask us for proof of funds. SO, MAKE SURE YOU BRING LIQUID ASSETS (CASH, TRAVELLER'S CHEQUES, BANK DRAFT, ETC) THAT ARE AT LEAST EQUAL OR ABOVE WHAT'S REQUIRED BY CANADIAN IMMIGRATION. I've seen a few questions on this forum asking whether bank statements will work. Here's the link from CIC regarding proof of funds:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

There's no mention of bank statements in there. Hence, it is best if you bring assets in the forms described in the link.

2) Customs

The customs experience can be a 10-minute experience or a 2 –hour experience. It depends on HOW ORGANIZED YOU ARE. When you come to Canada make sure you bring TWO LISTS OF ITEMS THAT YOU'RE BRINGING IN WITH YOU AND ANOTHER TWO LISTS OF ITEMS TO FOLLOW. There was a migrant in front us who didn't bring the list and it was a very long process for her.

IT IS BEST IF YOU TYPE THE LISTS. CANADIAN CUSTOMS INSTRUCTS THAT YOU PROVIDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE ABOUT THE ITEMS THAT YOU BRING IN. These include:

1) Quantity
2) Item description: a) make b) model (example Sony Vaio computer)
3) Serial number if it has one
4) Value in CDN dollars

See following link for further details:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

The relevant custom document is B 4:

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

On top of creating these lists, we also colour coded a separate list - the colour coded list was for our use. For example, items were coloured in 8 different colours. Why? Because, if the customs officer wanted to check a particular item, we knew which exact bag to open. For example, if the customs officer wanted to see the camera that we were bringing, then just by looking at the colour code of that item – light blue- we would know that it's in my wife's third bag.

3) Health Card

Don't know about other provinces, but Ontario's health coverage doesn't begin for three months after you arrive. SO YOU NEED HEALTH INSURANCE IN THE INTERMEDIATE TIME. PLEASE BUY YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE BEFORE YOU MOVE TO CANADA. SOME INSURANCE COMPANIES HAVE A 48-HR WAITING PERIOD IF YOU BUY INSURANCE AFTER YOU LAND IN CANADA. Google to find health insurance companies. There are plenty of them. It's best if you use an online insurance comparison shopper site, as it'll give you an easy one-stop comparison of the different plans that are available and their costs.

Also note that when you go to apply for provincial insurance, they ask for proof of residence. Proof of residence cannot be any document. It has to be mailed in document with your name (telephone bill, bank statement, etc) or something like a lease document or a driver's license

See list number 2:

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf

4) WINTERS IN CANADA ARE BRUTALLY COLD

Nothing can prepare you for how cold it can get in Canada. Trust us, if you don't have the proper winter clothing, even a 5-minute walk can cause frost bite. I think we were really smart not to buy winter clothes locally. We shopped for winter clothes in US Amazon and Ebay. We specifically bought clothes, gloves, boots, etc that were manufactured in Canada and the US for extreme winters. These clothes have helped us a lot!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE WITH EVERYTHING!

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
[b][color=navy]Manila[/color][/b]
NOC Code......
[b][color=navy]2234[/color][/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b][color=navy]Aug15.2014[/color][/b]
Nomination.....
[b][color=navy]Dec18.2014[/color][/b]
File Transfer...
[b][color=navy]May26.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Request
[b][color=navy]May27.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Done....
[b][color=navy]Jun08.2015[/color][/b]
Passport Req..
[b][color=navy]Jul02.2015[/color][/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b][color=navy]Jul09.2015[/color][/b]
LANDED..........
[b][color=navy]Spring 2016[/color][/b]
idefix said:
Hey everybody, some nice news: I finished the negotiations today and my last day at work will be May 29th!

Canada, here I go! I'll arrive in the first half of June!
Congrats again bro.. Another great news which you have been overflowingly blessed. All the best to you future life in Canada.. +One ;)

joace

Dec 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Thanks buddy for your experience sharing! It's really valuable, and congrats to you for finally landing.

randev said:
Hello all,

I and my wife finally landed in Canada a few weeks back. We want to share a few details about our landing and Canadian experience so far. Hope it's of use to our members.

1) Immigration process

Was pretty much straightforward. The immigration officer did ask us for proof of funds. SO, MAKE SURE YOU BRING LIQUID ASSETS (CASH, TRAVELLER'S CHEQUES, BANK DRAFT, ETC) THAT ARE AT LEAST EQUAL OR ABOVE WHAT'S REQUIRED BY CANADIAN IMMIGRATION. I've seen a few questions on this forum asking whether bank statements will work. Here's the link from CIC regarding proof of funds:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

There's no mention of bank statements in there. Hence, it is best if you bring assets in the forms described in the link.

2) Customs

The customs experience can be a 10-minute experience or a 2 –hour experience. It depends on HOW ORGANIZED YOU ARE. When you come to Canada make sure you bring TWO LISTS OF ITEMS THAT YOU'RE BRINGING IN WITH YOU AND ANOTHER TWO LISTS OF ITEMS TO FOLLOW. There was a migrant in front us who didn't bring the list and it was a very long process for her.

IT IS BEST IF YOU TYPE THE LISTS. CANADIAN CUSTOMS INSTRUCTS THAT YOU PROVIDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE ABOUT THE ITEMS THAT YOU BRING IN. These include:

1) Quantity
2) Item description: a) make b) model (example Sony Vaio computer)
3) Serial number if it has one
4) Value in CDN dollars

See following link for further details:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

The relevant custom document is B 4:

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

On top of creating these lists, we also colour coded a separate list. For example, items were coloured in 8 different colours. Why? Because, if the customs officer wanted to check a particular item, we knew which exact bag to open. For example, if the customs officer wanted to see the camera that we were bringing, then just by looking at the colour code of that item – light blue- we would know that it's in my wife's third bag.

3) Health Card

Don't know about other provinces, but Ontario's health coverage doesn't begin for three months after you arrive. SO YOU NEED HEALTH INSURANCE IN THE INTERMEDIATE TIME. PLEASE BUY YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE BEFORE YOU MOVE TO CANADA. SOME INSURANCE COMPANIES HAVE A 48-HR WAITING PERIOD IF YOU BUY INSURANCE AFTER YOU LANDED IN CANADA. Google to find health insurance companies. There are plenty of them. It's best if you use an online insurance comparison shopper site, as it'll give you an easy one-stop comparison of the different plans that are available and their costs.

Also note that when you go to apply for provincial insurance, they ask for proof of residence. Proof of residence cannot be any document. It has to be mailed in document with your name (telephone bill, bank statement, etc) or something like a lease document or a driver's license

See list number 2:

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf

4) WINTERS IN CANADA ARE BRUTALLY COLD

Nothing can prepare you for how cold it can get in Canada. Trust us, if you don't have the proper winter clothing, even a 5-minute walk can cause frost bite. I think we were really smart not to buy winter clothes locally. We shopped for winter clothes in US Amazon and Ebay. We specifically bought clothes, gloves, boots, etc that were manufactured in Canada and the US for extreme winters. These clothes have helped us a lot!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE WITH EVERYTHING!

nick nick

Mar 8, 2015
smurf32 said:
Application received date : 9/22/2014

To all Nurses under 3012 still waiting for their papers application after 9/23/2014.. I got an email from CIC after sending them an email asking regarding the status of my application so i gave them all the details and I got a reply today and it says that they all my documents was sent back due to cap has been reached...
Hi I'm also a nurse. Did you get PER??

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jaxon911 said:
Thanks.

I'll certainly keep visiting this place regularly to keep sharing my experience!

I am planning to land in Canada in Feb 2016.

Once again, I wish everyone here very best of luck. Let us try and keep in touch with each other!
Congrats Jaxon.. All the best for the future in Canada.. ;)

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Awesome share randev! +1

randev said:
Hello all,

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
h_g_boss said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt]On March 10,2015 the Maximum of 25.000 complete Federal Skilled Work applications was reached!!!![/size][/size]
Any links bro? how you found out?

krishpad

Nov 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2014
File Transfer...
Jan2015
Med's Request
Feb2015
Med's Done....
Feb2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
With Gods grace looking forward to land in Canada soon...
Hello Friends, I need some information...

Me and my wife applied for FBI PCC on 8th Dec and it shall have been proceed by now, we are from India.

my Questions are:
1. Do we receive any intimation via email/ phone that they have despatched the PCC to us?
2. How can we get Tracking number, for to track the documents?
3. And How do we receive the FBI PCC, Via private courier OR via India Post?

Your advice will greatly help :D...

Thanks,

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rvp_deltario said:
Relax mate.
I am June 5th applicant and I got my DM today.
By that logic, you should expect yours too soon, hopefully within this month.
!! ALL IZZ WELL !!
COngrats bro.. few steps away and all the best to the future in Canada.. +One ;)

shah81

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
09-10-2014
Med's Request
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2015 ( 3rd line update: 12-May-2015)
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Decision Made:25 July 2015, PPR: 29 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-2015, pp sent: 30-july, pp received: 12 aug
LANDED..........
15-Aug-2015
Its been more than 2 months we did medicals but still the third line is not updated. What could be the reason? medical reports r all ok and result were uploaded by hospital. Also What could be the chances of rejection after medical?

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
shobvj said:
Hi experts please advice...its very urgent

Our destination for landing is Toronto as per copr... can we land in alberta now???will that be an issue...Thanks in advance
as an FSW, you can land anywhere in Canada exception only to Quebec.. All the best ;)

reshmiarun

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2014
Nomination.....
12-09-2014
File Transfer...
02-17-2015
Med's Request
03-14-2015
Med's Done....
03-23-2015 (Third line : 04-02-2015)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-28-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, Passport sent : 06-02-2015, Passport received:06-17-2015
LANDED..........
Still deciding !!
Hello Friend,

1. No we don't get any intimation. Alternately you could call them and find out if it has been despatched to you.
2. We don't get any tracking number. Max expected is 3 weeks.
3. Don't know.

Btw, am a Dec 8th FBI applicant too. I called them on Monday and go to know that my report has been despatched on Monday. Am waiting to recieve it too at my India address.

Thanks
Reshmi
krishpad said:
Hello Friends, I need some information...

Me and my wife applied for FBI PCC on 8th Dec and it shall have been proceed by now, we are from India.

my Questions are:
1. Do we receive any intimation via email/ phone that they have despatched the PCC to us?
2. How can we get Tracking number, for to track the documents?
3. And How do we receive the FBI PCC, Via private courier OR via India Post?

Your advice will greatly help :D...

Thanks,

Dublin0705

Feb 11, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2014
AOR Received.
05 December 2014
Med's Request
13 March 2015
Med's Done....
23 March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22 May 2015
Received MR on 12/03/2015 :D

Application received - 15/08/2014
PER - 05/12/2014
2nd line - 11/02/2015 (Processing started on 09/02/2015)
MR - 12/03/2015

Would advise all August applicants to remain calm and patient. NDVO has been slow been 2nd line updates and MRs.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive PPR after Medical results are received?

dhandpun

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Friends,

I have submitted my passport at VFS office on 10.3.2015.
Have to travel on business trip on 2nd April.

Will I get passport back by then? any suggestion.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.