+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillAP

Oct 31, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
20-01-2015
Nomination.....
07-11-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
done upfront
Med's Done....
received 09-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18 march 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11 march 2015(received pp back on 02 april 2015)
LANDED..........
04 may 2015
ANM_786 said:
Rejection can happen at any point but there is Very very very minimal chance of rejection after medicals. Haven't heard abt rejection after medicals though...
So just have a chill pill and relax....
thanks

canadasm

Sep 20, 2014
Congrats and best of luck for a new start.thanx for posting your informative experience.
I need your guidance and support . Whenever u get time , plz ans my following queries.
1.. we r four in our family ( 2 kids), how much money we be to take along and which is the best way to take money.
2. How many luggage and what weight.
3. List should contain each n every item with us.what about gold.
4. What all things we should pick from here and what not
Rgas
Canadasm

obryan20 said:
Hi all. How is everyone doing? I've been away for a while. It's been a busy past couple of weeks, but it's time for a Landing Story.

It's official. I come to you now as a bona fide Canadian permanent resident! I did my landing on January 7, 2015 at Pearson International Airport in Toronto. Clearing customs and immigration was a breeze using the information gained from others' experiences posted on the forum. What worked in my advantage though was that most persons coming to Canada were residents or citizens so I was the only one in the visitor line when I got there :), probably because it's so cold.

After deplaning, the first stop was customs, where I told them I was there to do my "landing". Based on what you had put on the form you were given on the plane, the officer wrote something on it that would either get you further screening after collecting your bags or allow you to just go straight through. As I was new and had to file Goods Accompanying form, I needed to be screened further. Thereafter, I was directed to Immigration where I showed them the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and passport with visa. The officer then cancelled the visa and stamped the passport. He then filled in some of the blank spaces on the COPR (such as place and date became PR, home address in Canada, etc), signed and dated the bottom and had me do the same. He kept the CIC copy, gave my copy back to me, noted that the PR card will be sent to the given address in 6-8 weeks and welcomed me to Canada. I wasn't asked to show proof of funds even though I had it on me (negotiable instruments under $10k + US bank statements showing the remainder so I didn't need to declare).

Some time after, I went to the Service Canada which is to the left of Immigration. Point to note - If you're coming through Pearson airport and want to get your Social Insurance Number (SIN) at the airport Service Canada, ensure you arrive within their opening hours which are from 1pm to 9pm. As I went through much faster than I had anticipated, I was there from after 12pm and so had to wait a short while for them to open. However, after they did I got it immediately. They just took some additional information (mother's/father's names and your Canadian address) and then printed it out right there and gave it to me, cautioning that I am only mandated to give my SIN to 3 groups - Canadian govt, employer, banks. Then I went to collect my luggage and went through further screening with customs. I gave them my Goods Accompanying list, and they gave me a receipt for the value of it, all with no duties. Same would be done for Goods to Follow list.

After clearing customs, I headed for the exit and subsequently the c-c-c-cold :eek: :-X. I understand that day was the coldest it's been since probably the winter began - temperatures as low as -17 degrees but which could be as cold as -30 degrees because of wind chill. What a day I chose to land huh, lol.

I brought 3 bank drafts which I used to open bank accounts the following day. I also got a credit card with a C$2000 limit (Scotiabank StartRight) which I'll be using remotely to start building my credit in the interim. The persons who dealt with me were extremely nice, friendly and helpful and again made me feel welcome. I stayed with family for less than a week getting a few things done and just enjoying myself and then returned to my home country to resume work until the spring. I'll be looking a Canadian job during that time and hopefully either get one or line up interviews for some by time I return to Canada. Then, I'll post again about my experiences after returning.

I didn't get my Permanent Resident Card before leaving and therefore will either need to have someone bring it with them when next they come or apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document. I have also requested GCMS notes on 20-Jan-2015 (free since I am now a PR) so I could get some further insight into how my application made its way through the process.

Optimisticjp

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo via Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
not received
File Transfer...
No slu till MR request
Med's Request
09-05-15
Congrats to all of who got MR and best wishes to all who r desperately waiting including me too. I have a very important question to all who got their MR . I want to know how many applicant got the verification call and what are the questions do they ask to the employer.
As this information means a lot to all pls reply to this query who got the verification call. Thanks in advance.

sawtantar

Sep 20, 2014
Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 August 2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
22 Jan 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Hello All,
Good Morning
Thank God Finally....
I got 2nd line update on 24th of January 2015
I am 5th August applicant
PER received on dated 27th of November 2014
NOC 4011

Thanks to all....

jam2k94

Nov 14, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London - RFI - LBM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged 07-01-2015
Nomination.....
PER 29-01-2015
AOR Received.
N/A with LVO
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
Received by LVO on 29-01-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
02-06-2016
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
ان شاء الله Soon
VISA ISSUED...
ان شاء الله Soon
LANDED..........
ان شاء الله Soon
managersonline said:
ECAS going live is not an evidence of PER. But when you will see "In Process" in your ECAS then it is an indication that your PER is almost ready to be sent to you by Email. Therefore keep following your ECAS occassionally and expect to see the good wordings of "In Process" in it OR it is also possible that you will get PER prior to these wordings in ECAS and at later stage you will see "In Process" in your ECAS. CIO has adopted both methods for the applicants.

regards,George,
Doha,Qatar
My ECAS shows "in process". Once clicking on it shows 1st line "we received your application for permanent residence on November, 3 2014.".

Praying and waiting for PER.

belle_mx

Dec 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Nomination.....
CC charged: 05-02-2015 PER: 28-02-2015
AOR Received.
May 14 2015
Med's Request
May 14 2015
Med's Done....
May 28
Passport Req..
June 24
VISA ISSUED...
July 15
LANDED..........
August 19
obryan20 said:
Thanks.

You can leave the country without getting PR card, but to return to Canada, you will have to pick one of three ways: 1) either find a way to get the PR card to you abroad after it arrives at the address in Canada, 2) apply for the Travel Document as noted above, or 3) travel to the US and then drive across the border in a private vehicle, showing your signed COPR when asked.
Hi! Congrats!!!! And thanks for sharing you experience with us.

Justo some questions, 1) to get the PR Card while abroad, if I use option number one, is it legal to send those official docs by courier, or my cousin (she is already PR, she lives in Canada) should have to travel to bring the PRCard to me?
2) when you go back to Canada (you will have now your PR card with you) won't the officer check your passport too and see that you have only been at Canada one week, and starts asking questions about how you got your PR card, or rise a red flag????
3) if you have a year to make your landing (that's what I've understood) why did you choose to make your landing so fast, is it because it is easier to find a job if you already have a SIN or PR card??

mikeypm

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/26/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
belle_mx said:
Hi! Congrats!!!! And thanks for sharing you experience with us.

Justo some questions, 1) to get the PR Card while abroad, if I use option number one, is it legal to send those official docs by courier, or my cousin (she is already PR, she lives in Canada) should have to travel to bring the PRCard to me?
2) when you go back to Canada (you will have now your PR card with you) won't the officer check your passport too and see that you have only been at Canada one week, and starts asking questions about how you got your PR card, or rise a red flag????
3) if you have a year to make your landing (that's what I've understood) why did you choose to make your landing so fast, is it because it is easier to find a job if you already have a SIN or PR card??
I am in Canada on a TWP and at Meds done stage of PR, I would advise it is a lot easier to get work in Canada if you have status so it would be wise if possible to land and get PR card and Sin even if you have to head home and tie up your affairs in your home country.

A lot of people use friends or relatives address to get there PR card, it should not be an issue. For some people it makes sense to land and get the PR card, get Sin and accounts out of the way so when they arrive for good all is arranged.

athrenta

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Nomination.....
DD Encashed 29-09-14
AOR Received.
PER 08-10-14
Med's Request
15-01-15
Med's Done....
23-01-15; Husband 28-01-15
Interview........
Meds Received 07-02-15
Passport Req..
10-02-15
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Received 16-03-15
LANDED..........
June 2015
We are on MR Stage, my husband was seen to have sleep apnea, we were referred to a sleep doctor to get a medical certificate(with diagnosis,test, treatment). Has anybody here experienced the same and was still given a visa? Will this be a possible problem in our application? Thanks!

Syed7283

Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014 [move][color=blue][b]Fees Charged..........: 25th Sept 2014[/b][/color][color=red][b] PER Received..........: 04th Oct 2014 [/b][/color][/move]
IELTS Request
Sent with App [img]http://ec.l.thumbs.canstockphoto.com/canstock21148561.jpg[/img]
Med's Request
Waiting....
Hello All,

In my gcms notes it says file fwdd to ECU-EVR. What does this mean?

Syed7283

kashifyousuf

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Re: NOC 1111 November Applicant Please whatsapp me

HI All,

I am trying to connect with Noc 1111 and November Applicant, as this NOC is behaving strange and so far of November no DD is charged yet, and going very slow, so need to connect with each other , in this regard I have managed to connect with a couple of guys on my whatsapp. I would love to connect with you if you are from NOC 1111 and a November Applicant.

Whatsapp me on +966568489222

Thanks,

Kashif

skashi

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08th Oct 2014
Doc's Request.
Photo Request => 25th Feb 2015
Nomination.....
PER =>15th Jan 2015
AOR Received.
SLU => 14th July 2015
File Transfer...
23rd Jan 2015 (As per GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
30th July 2015
Med's Done....
01st August 2015
Interview........
Waived by gods grace
Passport Req..
06th August 2015, submitted on 10th August 2015
VISA ISSUED...
04th September 2015, visa date is 06th August 2015
Prabh2132 said:
Dear All,

Informing you all that i have received the PPR from LVO on 19.01.2015.

App Received date - 20th may
PER Date - 07.09.2014
MR - 07.11.2014
Medical Done - 17.11.2014
3rd Line updated - 17th Jan 2015
4th line Updated - 18th Jan 2015

Thanks to GOD. :) :) :D :)
Hi prabh,

Congratulations & wish you a very happy and peaceful life ahead in Canada.

Rgds
S.K

anilenviron

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
No Additional documents requested
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2015
LANDED..........
Landed in Toronto Pearson International Airport on Sep 1st'15
adisu01 said:
They can check the availability of medical request just by using ur UCi. Once the medical request are out their information system will get ur medical numbers. I have done here in India and ashif has done it in Singapore. They are not helping you because they don't want to check. Call any other emedical and ask them to check .
HI, Friend, the lady/hospital is nowhere related to CIC know then why will they do that service fr free?. They are saying we will only do tests if we want but they dont have such info it-seems. So, suggest me what can I do. i dont know why NDVO is sick in not replying even after 2 weeks.

canadianjatt

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2014
Nomination.....
PER 23-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU 04-06-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
03-07-2015
Interview........
Waived OFF
Dear All,

I had received PER on 23rd Jan, but it don't have visa office information.

I had shifted my job to some other country now and due to that my cell number etc all got changed.

Thing is how should I inform about this to them??????? Although I was in Qatar during applying and opted for LVO in my form, shall I mail them ???

anilenviron

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
No Additional documents requested
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2015
LANDED..........
Landed in Toronto Pearson International Airport on Sep 1st'15
adisu01 said:
They can check the availability of medical request just by using ur UCi. Once the medical request are out their information system will get ur medical numbers. I have done here in India and ashif has done it in Singapore. They are not helping you because they don't want to check. Call any other e-medical and ask them to check .
Hi, Friend it is just a hospital know?. Why my papers will go there when I'v not chosen that hospital. It is not only d hospital in INDIA tied up with CIC/NDVO to tell our details. She i saying we are not all related r can tell such details. I am from South INDIA and MAX hospitals are locate din ND etc., so how can they do this. What are the other e-medical centers. can you tell me if any are there? But please tell me will it take these many weeks for them to send medicals forms when they sent mail for MR & RPRF?. Why d bloody NDVO taking hell lott time dear???.

Status
Not open for further replies.